• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Lady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Upcoming Movies - Trailer Zone

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 04 December 2014 02:12 PM

So many trailers of new old classics

Now the worst one : Terminator Genisys:

Come see Daenerys Targaryen say the classic “come with me if you want to live” Smile

David goyer wasn’t far off when he said that Hollywood rips off Videogames set pieces
blatantly.

That UC2 and CoD ripoff. Pan

Total Posts: 81

Joined 2014-08-05

PM

Lucien21 - 04 December 2014 04:24 PM

Yeah that Terminator movie looked dreadful.

I agree, it looks like crap. Terminator 1 and 2 are cannon, all the other stuff is just… I don’t know, spin offs. Debate closed Grin.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Antman full trailer, its funny how Comics were treated like shit, kids shit to be more precise. Now Senior artists like Douglas and Redford cannot even find mainstream hit roles
anywhere but in Comic based movies.

Marvel and DC changed the course of Cinema, CGs, cliched, whatnot.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

nomadsoul - 06 January 2015 10:53 PM

I’d say Marvel did.

DC without Nolan at the helm hasn’t been very impressive…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Fox and Sony started the modern comic movie boom with X-Men and Spider-Man. X-Men even had a lot of estabilished quality actors.
Marvel/Disney are first ones to have a plan and continuity besides a specific movie franchise.

Btw, this trailer is really underwhelming, might be that it’s too soon and they don’t have a lot to show…. Edgar Wright will be missed

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

TimovieMan - 07 January 2015 06:55 AM
nomadsoul - 06 January 2015 10:53 PM

I’d say Marvel did.

DC without Nolan at the helm hasn’t been very impressive…

Marvel has better range of attractive and deep characters imo, but Nolan has himself become
monolith in the industry thanks to Knight trilogy, and his films atleast painted Comics in some serious tone than teen-y Marvel movies.
Not to mention Nolan cast gets nomination too in oscars.

Also,

That’s not where we are anymore. In 2014, franchises are not a big part of the movie business. They are not the biggest part of the movie business. They are the movie business. Period. Twelve of the year’s 14 highest grossers are, or will spawn, sequels

Worst part,

Paul Thomas Anderson’s Inherent Vice may have come from a studio, but it still required a substantial chunk of outside financing, and at $35 million, it’s not even that expensive. No studio could find the $8.5 million it cost Dan Gilroy to make Nightcrawler. Birdman cost a mere $18 million and still had to scrape that together at the last minute. Imagine American movie culture for the last few years without Her or Foxcatcher or American Hustle or The Master or Zero Dark Thirty and it suddenly looks markedly more frail — and those movies exist only because of the fairy godmothership of independent producer Megan Ellison. The grace of billionaires is not a great business model on which to hang the hopes of an art form.

http://grantland.com/features/2014-hollywood-blockbusters-franchises-box-office/

@wilco

Also check out this,

http://iveybusinessreview.ca/blogs/lbolukhba2010/2014/11/26/film-franchises-platforms-ip-future-superhero-cinema/

Seems like Avengers and Ironman are The Shit, still profit of other franchises is better than most films like Nightcrawler or Birdman.

So it makes sense,

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 07 January 2015 04:13 PM

@wilco

Also check out this,

http://iveybusinessreview.ca/blogs/lbolukhba2010/2014/11/26/film-franchises-platforms-ip-future-superhero-cinema/

Interesting article. Disney is going for the jugular in everything. The way they are killing Fantastic4 comics and crippling X-Men is telling…  I wonder what they will buy next (Nintendo? Smile ).

nomadsoul - 07 January 2015 04:13 PM

This! I wonder when we’ll start seeing those comic movie bombs

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

District9 had best CG mix with real life, Neil has great sense of merging best of both
worlds, with a sense of weight distribution.

His Halo and other initial shorts were great too.

I hope after a disaster (Elysium), he can now redeem himself with this,

(Robots/Mech designs have vibes of Appleseed and MGS all over the place).

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Elysium had more problems with it’s story and focus on action sequences over substance, than with Blommkamp’s direction.

This one seems to - again - have a lot of potential, and this type of sci-fi is exactly up Blommkamp’s alley. The direction is in capable hands, let’s just hope the story holds up.

I hope Jackman gets to lay on the Aussie accent thick in this. And I’ve seen shades of Robocop in there.

I’m just not impressed with the title… Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Keanu is on the Roll.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 24 January 2015 01:37 PM

Keanu is on the Roll.

Eli Roth is back, some sick stuff will happen Smile

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

New Jurassic World superbowl trailer:

It seems okay, but I’m really not liking the whole “trained raptor” thing.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

John wick 2 is in Development.

Greaaaaat!

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

If you hate someone, show them this trailer

They are called Agents.
What does it have to do with me?
Your father started the Agent Program.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

nomadsoul - 11 February 2015 11:08 AM

If you hate someone, show them this trailer

Things don’t look good if the trailer is filled with poor special effects… Shifty Eyed

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top