• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Gabrielrtrooney

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Upcoming Movies - Trailer Zone

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Seen any decent trailers or just excited about an upcoming film. - Share it here.

First up is a movie from the Director or Run Lola Run and The Wachowskis Bros.

Based on the superb 2004 novel by David Mitchell

Cloud Atlas is 6 nested stories that take you from 19th centuary South Pacific to a post apocalypic future through the eyes of connected characters.

“A half-read book is a half-finished love affair.” - David Mitchell

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Name is Bond…James Bond

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

I really like the new Bond, both movies and the actor. I thought I wouldn’t like Craig but for some reason he is very suitable and very sexy. The movies really needed an overhaul already, the new more serious tone made Bond more interesting again.

Cloud Atlas seems like my kind of movie. Meaning that I will watch it alone because no one else wants to see all that drama Wink. I didn’t watch the whole trailer as it’s way too long and I bet it reveals too much. I hate trailers that show half the movie.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I’m really looking forward to both Skyfall and Cloud Atlas. I like Craig as Bond, and I absolutely love Sam Mendes as a director, so yeah, I’m excited.

And the trailer for Cloud Atlas reminds me a bit of Mr. Nobody which I consider to be one of the best movies of the past three-four years…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I also really like the trailer for the animated movie “Epic”: see here.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

And of course “The Hobbit”, where the trailer definitely has the same feel as the other three films. Which is good. Which is very very good.
Trailer here.

Pardon the triple post, but the forum is treating any post with more than one link in it as spam… Which is annoying. Which is very very annoying.

Total Posts: 6

Joined 2012-09-12

PM

A film I’m really looking forward to is ‘The Perks of being a Wallfower’ - which is adapted from the book by Stephen Chbosky.  I absolutely loved the book, so i’ve got hope for the movie!

Lets try restart this thread, it’s almost 2 months old, but still has some good potential!!

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Some intersting movies coming up.

“The Master” - By probably one of the best directors currently working. Is this a Scientology movie. They seem to thinks so and tried to stop the movie, but it has broken box office records this weekend.

http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/weinstein/themaster/

——————

My most anticipated movie

http://www.loopermovie.com/

————

“End of Watch” - Kind of Faux documentary about a couple of cops in LA.

———————

Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 191

Joined 2004-12-30

PM

“Seven Psychopaths”, a screwball crime comedy starring three of my favorite actors: Colin Farrell, Woody Harrelson, and Sam Rockwell-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvuNfq5vN-w

Warning- People won’t have as much of a sense of humor about you putting an Alka Seltzer in your mouth then staggering into a restaurant while shouting “THE VIRUS HAS MUTATED!” as you’d hope they would.

Consider this: People say “Ewwww!!!” when they hear about a guy having a hairy bum or hairy back, yet every Teddy Bear ever made has had both a hairy bum AND a hairy back and nobody complains about them; In fact, people think Teddy Bears are adorable.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Anyone seen the pics of the new Iron Batman Robocop movie?

Apparently I’m not the only one to think of Iron Man or Batman, as the Google immediately showed me this:

Grin

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

I was thinking more of..

Roberta Williams

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

New trailer for the Hobbit.

http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/wb/thehobbit/

Roberta Williams

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Really looking forward to Killing Them Softly by Andrew Dominik (the director of Chopper and The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford).
The director is enough to get me interested, but the trailer looks so off-beat, that it alone sparked my interest.

UK release is apparently already this week. I’ll have to wait till early December… Frown

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

TimovieMan - 19 September 2012 03:31 PM

Really looking forward to Killing Them Softly by Andrew Dominik (the director of Chopper and The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford).
The director is enough to get me interested, but the trailer looks so off-beat, that it alone sparked my interest.

UK release is apparently already this week. I’ll have to wait till early December… Frown

Reviews are a bit middling. Saying that it’s good and that Pitt is fantastic in it but there is too much clunky social commentary in the film.

Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 317

Joined 2008-07-14

PM

I love “Lord of the Rings” more than the next guy (my engagement ring was the One Ring), but something about the Hobbit I just don’t like. Never was fond of the book, and seeing the trailer just didn’t thrill me like the other ones.

The dwarves just really seem to give it a kiddish feel (and I know originally the book was written for kids) that doesn’t integrate with my love for “Lord of the Rings”. I love Martin Freeman as John in “Sherlock”, and I can see him as a hobbit, I really can. But his lines in teh trailer seem forced and awkward, like when he says he’s going for an adventure, and that he likes guests as much as the next guy.

Maybe I’m just being pessimistic because I loved “Lord of the Rings” so much. I’m still going to go see it. Am I the only one who thinks this?

Favorite Adventure Games-Lost Crown, Longest Journey, Dark Fall 1&2, Barrow Hill, Black Mirror, Blackwell games, Riven, Myst
Favorite Other Games-Kings Bounty, FTL
Currently Playing-Barrow Hill:The Dark Path
Looking Forward To-Last Crown/Braken Tor

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

My thought was mainly that they kept the same feel as The Lord of the Rings (well, based on the trailer).

The looks of some of the dwarves needs to convince me further, but that dwarvish song in the trailer is exactly what I want to see in The Hobbit…

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top