• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Becky

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Upcoming Movies - Trailer Zone

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Instant Nerd Boner.

That looks waaay cool.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Lucien21 - 28 November 2014 02:53 PM

Instant Nerd Boner.

That looks waaay cool.

It actually looks too real to me, like it’s not fantasy enough…

Will need to see more…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 81

Joined 2014-08-05

PM

It’s an okay trailer. Can’t be worst than the prequels. I just hope, they won’t go for too much realism and some zen philosophy would also be nice (Yoda training scenes are in Empire Strikes Back are awesome), not just popcorn action.

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Jurassic world and Star Wars are probably the two films I’m looking forward to the most next year.

It’s probably the best direction they could take for the Jurassic Park series as they needed a reboot of a sort to freshen it up. I’m not to sure why some people are so bothered about the “new” dinosaur mind. I mean, none of the dinosaurs have been accurate in the series and they even say they fill in the blank parts of the DNA structure. In JP3 they say it again, Ingen never created real dinosaurs.

The trailer started strong, but there was some hammy bits in it the further it went on. Though, most of the CGI clearly wasn’t finished (that’s normal in trailers mind) and from what I’ve heard, some of the scenes aren’t in the film, so…

As for Star Wars, I’d be very shocked if this turns out worse then the last 3 films. That would be quite an accomplishment and worthy of an award in its own depressing way. J.J adams is good at making entertaining films, but 10 minutes after watching them, you start to think about the main plot and see plot holes - though, despite all the praise they receive, the orginals were littered with bad writing etc too.

Having said that, that trailer has got me more interested in Star Wars then I have been for a long time.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

George Lucas has already released a directors cut of the teaser trailer.

Laughing

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2014-08-05

PM

Tad - 02 December 2014 04:59 AM

Jurassic world and Star Wars are probably the two films I’m looking forward to the most next year.

It’s probably the best direction they could take for the Jurassic Park series as they needed a reboot of a sort to freshen it up. I’m not to sure why some people are so bothered about the “new” dinosaur mind. I mean, none of the dinosaurs have been accurate in the series and they even say they fill in the blank parts of the DNA structure. In JP3 they say it again, Ingen never created real dinosaurs.

The trailer started strong, but there was some hammy bits in it the further it went on. Though, most of the CGI clearly wasn’t finished (that’s normal in trailers mind) and from what I’ve heard, some of the scenes aren’t in the film, so…

As for Star Wars, I’d be very shocked if this turns out worse then the last 3 films. That would be quite an accomplishment and worthy of an award in its own depressing way. J.J adams is good at making entertaining films, but 10 minutes after watching them, you start to think about the main plot and see plot holes - though, despite all the praise they receive, the orginals were littered with bad writing etc too.

Having said that, that trailer has got me more interested in Star Wars then I have been for a long time.

Yeah, I agree that the originals suffered from bad writing, but still it wasn’t that bad like in the prequels. Revenge of the Sith was an okay movie, but that was about it. Can’t decide which one of two, Attack of the Clones or the Phantom Menace is worst. Probably the second one.

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

I agree. The prequels were far worse.

Which was worse though? Hmm…that is a tough one Smile

I’ll go with Menace. Beyond finding Anakin, the film is completely pointless and nonsense, Lloyd was awful (could blame “1 take Lucas” for that mind as even known actors were bad) and how this one film left everyone deflated on Star Wars from then on.

Revenge of the sith was…so so. The damage was done by then.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Phantom Menace sucked more. And it’s not even close, imo.

The best order to view the films is something called “The Machete Order”: Episode IV-V-II-III-VI. Yes, skip I.
Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith (thus Anakin’s path to the Dark Side) work well as the backstory of how Darth Vader became Darth Vader, within the framework of Luke’s journey.
In fact, II and III serve to reinforce episode VI. If you watch the original trilogy, then there’s no doubt that Luke is going to stay Light. If you just watched his father’s decline, and then see Luke arrogantly bust into Jabba the Hutt’s place to free Han, then suddenly the lure of the Dark Side becomes a possibility, making the final confrontation stronger.

Skipping Phantom Menace doesn’t confuse people with the age gap between Anakin and Padme, doesn’t degrade the Force as a sickness (midichlorians, really?), and you won’t remember Jar-Jar Binks. Tongue

Funny thing, though. The best two Star Wars films out of six are the two NOT directed by Lucas.

I have more confidence in Disney and J.J. Abrams than in Lucas…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

I think everyone in the galaxy agrees with that last statement Smile

I’m not so sure on the “best two films” weren’t directed by Lucas though. A New Hope and Empire were good, but Return of the Jedi was were saw a huge drop in my opinion. I mean, that “rescue” plan was simply terrible. After that, the middle of the film suffers from pacing issues, then we have the Ewoks that were purely written in for commercial reasons as it was suppose to be Chewbacca’s home planet originally.

Joined 2014-08-05

PM

Yeah, VI dropped in quality, but there were still moments that I liked.

1. Yoda dying. When he whispers “there is another skywalker” and fading away+music and the look on Luke’s face when he realizes he’s the last Jedi… you really get that feeling, that one generation of Jedi is done for and gone
but it kinda bothered me that there was Obi Wan ghost scene after that, I mean come on, death is dramatic, then you diminish the whole effect with ghosts and stuff. I would appreciate hints of afterlife more, than straightforward ghosts (for example “Use the Force, Luke!” in IV was great)

2. Luke Vader fight. The best one in the whole saga, music is awesome.

3. Luke burning Vader’s body.

So yeah, I kinda like episode VI, but the V in terms of quality is the best.

I would love to see some hardcore Star Wars stuff in the same spirit as Lord of The Rings movies. You know, kinda deeper & more philosophical, packed with mythology, yet still entertaining.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

nickherc - 04 December 2014 02:03 AM

I would love to see some hardcore Star Wars stuff in the same spirit as Lord of The Rings movies. You know, kinda deeper & more philosophical, packed with mythology, yet still entertaining.

Good thing it’s out of Lucas’ hands, then. Wink

Joined 2014-08-05

PM

TimovieMan - 04 December 2014 06:46 AM
nickherc - 04 December 2014 02:03 AM

Good thing it’s out of Lucas’ hands, then. Wink

Hahaha Grin, I couldn’t agree more! Grin

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

So many trailers of new old classics

Now the worst one : Terminator Genisys:

Come see Daenerys Targaryen say the classic “come with me if you want to live” Smile

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Yeah that Terminator movie looked dreadful.

Roberta Williams

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

I’ve never really clicked with the terminator films. Same with Alien and Predator too.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top