• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Hint Requests & Technical Problems → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoJdawg445Lady Kestrelrtrooney

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Face Noir – Help needed ~ PLEASE !!

Total Posts: 51

Joined 2003-10-01

PM

I have spent HOURS on that darned DOLL puzzle.  I have assembled it AFAIK exactly in accordance with the graphic pictures on a walkthrough and hint requests (not on Ags).
It seems to be completely correct but I keep getting the message that it is NOT !
I have tried MQANY times to alter angles a little (you can’t alter them much, if at all) since that definitely alters the doll away from the picture. I have also tried interchanging one or two pieces which seem identical.  But none of this has worked .
I am EXTREMELY frustrated.

(1) If anybody would send me a savegame as close to the ‘fixed’ doll I would be greatly obliged.
(2) Alternatively, and even better, I could send my version and get somebody to tell me exactly WHAT I need to do to get it right –I’m fed up trying !!
If anybody can do this, please post your email address here as some very good person here did for some previous game. Or alternatively I could post mine here .
Thanks in advance.

MANY THANX IN ADVANCE !!

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

This picture might help, if you already looked through a walkthrough and seen it then just remember the angels are very important to finish this puzzle and tricky all the same

Image Attachments

doll.jpg

Click thumbnail to see full-size image

Joined 2003-10-01

PM

MANY THANKS FOR REPLYING !

Yes - I have used that picture and 2 others and have arranged apl the pieces accordingly - but to no avail !!!
I have swapped DOZENS of pairs of items and checked correct angles VERY MANY TIMES.
IMHO - this is a terrible and unfair pzzle. In the game itself there is no clue as to how to assemble the doll and there are literally thousands of possibilities FOFCING ALL players to use a walkthru - this is terrible programming on th part of the Developers !!

But even WITH the pics and having all the pieces in what seems to be the correct positiomns & angles NONE of my very many ‘solutions’is correct.

I have wasted hours on this travesty of a puzzle.  And so I would like to send my best completed (but unacceptable) puzzle-‘solution’ to somebody who can tell me exatly aht I have to change in order to succeed.
Or alternatively send me a savegamen as soon as possible after the puzzle has been solved !

THANKS !!!

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

I would love to help more, but I don’t have the game,  I deleted the file ..

its a great game and you will face another puzzle (if you continued) with some some letter deciphering .. I got that save so you can ask me if you needed, as I already sent before… now good luck with doll.

Joined 2003-10-01

PM

Thanks once again for the video walkthrough
But unfortunately it doesn’t help - I have done that scores of times but in some way either a pair of pieces has to be interchanged &/or an angle has to be adjusted.
I still need a savegame or a correction to MY best (but wrong) ‘solution’ !

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Post a screenshot of your doll so we can see how you have it.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

I actually had the exact same problem.
Like you I found a picture in a walkthrough and it looked exactly the same as my solution in the game, and for a long time I couldn’t figure out what I was doing wrong.
In the end I made a screenshot from the game and compared it to the screenshot from the walkthrough, seeing them next to each other I was able to notice some minimal differences and figure out what I had done wrong. I Unfortunately can’t remember exactly what it was!

I would recommend that you do the same, take a screenshot and compare it to the picture Advie posted, or alternatively post it here. But I agree it really is a stupid puzzle, that is way to sensitive.

(I unfortunately can’t send you any savegames, as I don’t have them any more)

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Joined 2003-10-01

PM

That would not be helpful - my assembly is identical to walkthrough pics as mentioned more than once.
I need either an alteration to my actual physical FILE or a savegame AFTER the puzzle - preferably the former since I hate savegames.
In any case and fro previous experience,*your* particular help would probably be a sick ‘joke’.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Len Green - 29 November 2013 01:10 PM

In any case and fro previous experience,*your* particular help would probably be a sick ‘joke’.

Not sure who that was aimed at, or why ???
The last time you had a problem with The Cat Lady I send you some savegames that seemed to help and which you were grateful for.

http://www.adventuregamers.com/forums/viewthread/2130/P15/#36716

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Iznogood - 29 November 2013 01:30 PM
Len Green - 29 November 2013 01:10 PM

Not sure who that was aimed at, or why ???

Fairly sure it’s aimed at me based on a disagreement we had on another forum.

Len,

That would not be helpful - my assembly is identical to walkthrough pics as mentioned more than once.

There is only two answers to that..

1. The walkthrough pic is wrong.

2. Your assembly is NOT identical to the walkthrough or you would have completed the puzzle.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

hehe , Izno is cool, if were in his place and before Lucien interpretation , I would I have been kicked out of these forums for good.

Joined 2003-10-01

PM

Certainly *NOT* aimed at you **PM** - you have been MOST kind & helpful in the past.
T H A N K S !!

Sti8ll struggling witjh the DOLL puzzle!!!

Joined 2003-10-01

PM

I HAVE STUMBLED ON THE SOLUTION !!
If anybody needs a savegame for this puzzle I have one saved !!
Thanks to all who have helped.

I think that it is a VERY badly designed puzzle - one of the worst I have come across for ages.
It turns out that at the end of the day it involves tons of trial & error - which IMHO is BAD !
Also the graphic on the only available walkthru (AFAIK) is inaccurate and hence misleading which cost me hours of wasted time - and without a picture of some sort the puzzle is EXTREMELY difficult.

THANKS AGAIN EVERYBODY FOR HELPING !!

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Len Green - 29 November 2013 08:57 PM

I HAVE STUMBLED ON THE SOLUTION !!

Good for you, Len! See, you do NOT need anybody’s help, you can do it all by yourself.

Success is a journey, not a destination. The doing is often more important than the outcome.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2014-02-13

PM

So.. can someone provide me with the save file because i am stuck at the doll puzzle. thanks in advance

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

I didn’t realise there could be some kind of trouble putting the doll together. Did it in less than a minute the first time and now tried it again and probably took 30 seconds. I have the Steam version and the parts were definitely not arranged perfectly in line, just enough for them to not be sideways.

Anyway I put aside my savefile for it and anyone else who gets stuck on this, pick it up from here.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Hint Requests & Technical Problems → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top