• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diego

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Willy Morgan and the Curse of Bone Town

Total Posts: 330

Joined 2017-08-15

PM

I’m confused… are you all still talking about the demo? Is the full game out yet?

Member of the NAALCB - (North American Anti- Lobster Cop Brigade) since 2019.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

The full game came out this week

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

the review quite generous , the game has a very limited number of locations and whats more important that the music is soooo terrible you will need to turn it off, 2.5/5 is the fair rate for this game IMO.

i didn’t read the review myself before i wrote this post, i only saw the rating, but now i did and was amazed by what this line says

” highly polished graphics and music layered on top of what is, at its heart, a surprisingly conventional adventure experience that is over all too soon.”

highly polished music! seriously??

Total Posts: 1075

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

This kind of adventuring so passé.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Total Posts: 310

Joined 2018-12-01

PM

Advie - 14 August 2020 11:41 PM

” surprisingly conventional adventure”

I would rather it be conventionally surprising

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

I just finished it.

I liked it. It’s pretty straightforward and short. Lots of little nods to classic games. (although one location is a direct copy of a classic location)

Took 7 hours to complete, but I had it running when i was doing something else so probably could finish it in 5-6 hours.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 67

Joined 2018-01-10

PM

Just started, finished building the bicycle. The review says the voice work is uneven so I wonder if that’s other voices later in the game, because I think the main actor does a super job with what he’s been given, which seems like a translation from another language. Without his charisma the game would not have been very entertaining for me.

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2020-02-28

PM

I saw the demo thread below but couldn’t find a full game thread. Has anyone played it yet? I’m on the same page as AG in the review, apart from the music, which wasn’t great. The more I played it the more I became invested though. There are hardly any hotspots though and for a world that’s so gorgeous, that’s a massive miss. Overall if you love trad point & click games, this should be on your list. I did a video review too if you fancy watching.

Total Posts: 310

Joined 2018-12-01

PM

Played it, enjoyed it, forgot about it straight after finishing it. It was relaxing enough, and I wasn’t expecting a masterpiece anyway.

Btw, I didn’t think the lack of hot spots was a miss. The writing wasn’t witty enough for clicking on 20 things each screen to not become a huge chore. Sometimes it’s nice to take in the scenery.

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

The demo thread morphed into the full game thread.

Roberta Williams

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Also not one WIlly Bone joke in the video. Frown

Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Lucien21 - 22 August 2020 10:20 AM

The demo thread morphed into the full game thread.

I’ll take that as my cue to merge both into one. Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 25

Joined 2006-01-09

PM

I completed demo and liked it, so I will buy the full game. Relaxing music, nice graphics and classics gameplay style. There are not many games like that released nowadays.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top