• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Keybordz

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

New Here? Introduce Yourself

Total Posts: 8469

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

subbi - 17 March 2019 01:29 PM

I’m never quite sure, but is this quote a direct reference to “Laurel & Hardy” or is that a mere coincidence?
It does sound very alike, but if it did, I never understood the pun.

It’s not a coincidence. A “Laurel & Hardy” handshake IS the pun.
A nonsensical anachronism. Grin

Just like the shout-out to actress Hedy Lamarr.
“That’s HEDLEY!!!” Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 16

Joined 2019-04-12

PM

Hey everyone. I’m Juha, 33, from Finland. Me an my friend are making an oldskool point and click adventure called Splittown. So, I realized that I don’t really know anything about these huge communities surrounding the genre.

I’m a very analytical person, so I thought it’d be a good idea to see what makes people happy and angry about these games. I’m already browsing through comments and reviews of 150 or so point and clicks that were released during last 12 months. Also keeping an eye on what’s coming out in near future.

So, I’m very laser-focused on making this the best game anyone has ever played. A bit ambitious, perhaps, but I believe there’s no sense in aiming low.

If I can make some friends along the way, well that would just be super duper. Grin

PS. I’ve been a forum moderator and my aim is in no way to just spam advertisement. It’s really, really annoying.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Welcome!

Information about adventure games in development isn’t spam, so feel free to make a thread about your game in the Adventure section!

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2019-04-17

PM

Hello!

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2019-04-17

PM

I have travelled a long road full of perils, sadness, and woe.  I last walked these haunts or similar to it over 13 years ago.  I just need an answer to let me know if I have landed in the right sandy beach.  The question is…is there here a Chocolate Buccaneer that answers to the name of….Caroline!

Total Posts: 5553

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Welcome, Shadowwalker!  It’s good to see you here. Smile

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 7419

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Shadowwalker - 22 April 2019 07:01 PM

I have travelled a long road full of perils, sadness, and woe.  I last walked these haunts or similar to it over 13 years ago.  I just need an answer to let me know if I have landed in the right sandy beach.  The question is…is there here a Chocolate Buccaneer that answers to the name of….Caroline!

No, Caroline isn’t here. Boy, am I glad AG is not her type of site. I’m sure she’s hanging out at Facebook or some other terrible place.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 11

Joined 2017-11-02

PM

Welcome!

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Hello, and welcome!

Do you have a particular connection with adventure games, or is it just gaming in general?

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2019-05-05

PM

Hey, everyone! :-) My name is Pavlina and I’m working on 3 Minutes to Midnight - a new comedy graphic adventure. (You might have read about us here.)
Happy to be here and I hope you’re having a wonderful day! Heart

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Welcome!

We even had a forum thread about 3 Minutes to Midnight!

How’s the development going?

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2019-05-05

PM

Thanks a lot! Smile

Well, it’s been a year full of learning. We also learned we were being overly optimistic at the beginning about how much time we actually need to make 3M2M happen. So I apologize for the confusion when we initially announced the release date as April. Foot in mouth  That was a bit of an overshot, haha. We are hoping to release at the end of this year.

The game is slowly starting to come together, and the next months are going to be dedicated to assembling everything, considering we are almost done with all the assets, like environments, characters, animations, etc.

Oh, and we are finally going to launch our Kickstarter this summer (probably in August). We just need to figure out the logistics, because of all the physical goodies we will have there.  Laughing

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2019-10-13

PM

Hello! Just joined. I grew up with the Myst series, and have loved adventure games through most of my life. It’s been a long time since I’ve been part of any community around them, though. Hoping to change that now.

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2019-11-29

PM

Hi, nice to meet everyone!

I am actually a game developer, making adventure games for pc and android. Hope to engage with the fans here Smile

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top