• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Hint Requests & Technical Problems → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Becky

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The Dig from GOG wrong colours when playing on Macbook

Total Posts: 88

Joined 2008-04-21

PM

Hey so I bought The Dig from GOG and when I try playing it the colours are all screwed up, anyone know if there’s a fix for this?

Total Posts: 421

Joined 2007-08-13

PM

I suggest you download the latest version of ScummVM and try loading the files with that instead of what is bundled by GOG.

Joined 2008-04-21

PM

Hey so I downloaded the game again but offline this time, colours are pefect now but the game is just in a small bit of the corner of the screen and the rest of the screen is black. Going to try Scummvm but maybe there is something else I can do to get full screen?

Joined 2008-04-21

PM

Okay so apparently you can’t run gog games in scummvm

Joined 2007-08-13

PM

Jon_wachter - 17 December 2018 02:46 PM

Okay so apparently you can’t run gog games in scummvm

You can definitely run that version of The Dig in ScummVM. The GOG version even uses some version of GOG itself. You might have to download offline backup game installers from GOG instead of through GOG Galaxy in order to get the files in a format ScummVM will understand.

Joined 2008-04-21

PM

Yes that’s what I did but I still didn’t find a file that Scummvm could read.

Joined 2008-04-21

PM

Just says Scummvm could not find a game in that specific directory

Joined 2007-08-13

PM

Unfortunately, I have no experience of how installed files are handled on macOS. Perhaps the files needed by ScummVM are hidden in some container. On Microsoft Windows, I can use the GOG installer and then locate the installation folder with ScummVM. I suggest you download the Linux version and extract everything from that file. You should be able to locate all the necessary files from the folder: data\noarch\data

You might however end up with the same problem as you had with the GOG version you installed. If you can locate the ScummVM program in it, you should be able to change the settings. I suspect the problem might be that your monitor or operating system does not support the low 320 x 200 resolution of the game. The normal behavior of ScummVM is to use a 3x scaling filter. This has always made it possible to run games like this in full screen for me, using Windows.

Joined 2008-04-21

PM

That did not work either but thanks for trying to help.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Hint Requests & Technical Problems → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top