• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

walas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Recent movies seen

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

TimovieMan - 23 November 2017 05:36 PM

(*) Cavill WAS in fact CGI’d. The studio demanded some changes after a first screening showed a film that was still too dark and edgy, so they brought in Joss Whedon to do some rewrites and reshoots. 90% of all Cavill’s scenes were reshoots, but by that time he had grown a full mustache for a role in Mission Impossible 6, and he was not allowed to shave it off by Paramount Pictures. So for most of his scenes, they had to CGI his mustache away. They failed - it just looks off.

I’ve not seen the movie but I’ve read about it, the mustache thing is hilarious. What were they thinking, lol.

I’ve barely been to the theaters this year (only Blade Runner, I think) but I’ve watched at home some the Summer comic movies and only Logan I thought it was excellent.
Wonder Woman was competent origin movie with some good moments but mostly predictable, Guardians of the Galaxy 2 colorful and funny at the beginning but disposable and repetitive, Spiderman had some cool high school moments but very inferior to the first 2 Raimi movies mostly because of the plot.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Origami - 23 November 2017 06:14 PM

Wonder Woman wasn’t that great either.

I agree:

TimovieMan - 07 July 2017 07:38 AM

Wonder Woman - 3/5

But at least it was solid, which compared to all other non-Nolan DC films makes it a masterpiece.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

The Villainess

Korean cinema setting another new benchmark in action camera movements and terrific setpieces , putting Hollywood to shame once again

If you loved Oldboy corridor scene and Raid films then this should be your next trip

Story is cliched but its all about killer camera work

4.5/5

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Star Wars - Episode VIII: The Last Jedi - 4.5/5

Well, that was awesome! Best Star Wars film since The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi, if you ask me.

Most of the time, when a big movie tries to cram this much content and series of climaxes into a film, they either struggle (Sam Raimi’s Spider-Man 2) or fail miserably (Spider-Man 3). Rarely, very rarely, they nail it. The Dark Knight was a good example of this. The Last Jedi is now another.

There’s a strong “all hope is lost” and “the bad guys are going to win” vibe throughout the entire film, and Johnson manages to keep that tension up all the way to the end. There are even quite a few surprises, with the villains not always being as stupid as they usually are in this type of film, and with some plotlines that were destined for the final part of the trilogy being resolved already.

I’m also very happy to see more screentime for Oscar Isaac and Mark Hamill this time around. Isaac because I like the Poe Dameron character and because Isaac is probably the most talented actor in recent years, and Hamill because Luke is such an iconic character, and well, Hamill looks great with that Jedi beard. Tongue

I’m very pleased with what they did with this film. In fact, I’m so pleased that I think Disney should give Rian Johnson carte blanche to make his own trilogy of Star Wars films…
Oh, they already did that??? Yay, Disney!!! Cool

May the Force be with you!

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 284

Joined 2013-02-26

PM

Hmm… finally got round to seeing The Last Jedi.  Definitely not as enthused by it as TimovieMan (glad you enjoyed it though!) but it was certainly entertaining.  The amount of hate it’s receiveing on the user reviews at IMDB is insane but that’s fanboys for you.

Anyway… there was plenty of action, although on several occasions it took characters forever to decide to do something that seemed immediately obvious and complete lack of tactical nous by almost everyone in command of anything, and the plot was far too coincidence-ridden.  I guess you could pass that off as being guided by the force?  I dunno… to me the character development was pretty good, the plot less so.  People have complained that the Finn / Rose sub-plot could have been removed from the film altogether as it achieved nothing, and in one sense they are right, but I feel this was done to establish them both as characters and introduce the rather intriguing hacker who I’m sure will play a part in the final movie.

Actually I’m really looking forward to number 9.  It feels that the prequels (the first 2 of which were dreadful) were shackled to leading up to the plot of A New Hope, whilst The Force Awakens and The Last Jedi I felt were rather tied down by the star power of Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher and Mark Hamill.  Now we can have a finale that entirely revolves around the new characters and, for what it’s worth, I like the main trio a lot.  Rey’s character in particular really came to life in TLJ.

Oddly enough I enjoyed Rogue One more than either The Force Awakens or The Last Jedi. 

Total Posts: 31

Joined 2018-01-22

PM

TimovieMan - 18 January 2018 11:06 AM

I’m also very happy to see more screentime for Mark Hamill this time around.

What does it matter if Hamill gets more or less screen time when his whole iconic character was trashed to make Mary Sue and Mary Poppins as powerful as Mr. Mxyzptlk? There’s a reason the movie was a utter failure in Chiiina. Shy-nah!

CaptainD - 19 January 2018 04:57 AM

Actually I’m really looking forward to number 9.

Solo is just a few months away and there’s still no trailer (or any frame for that matter). It think Disney will focus on screwing around with Alien or maybe Predator first before milking that poor cow again to even try 9.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri

Very happy for SamRockwell winning Goldenglobe, under rated actor, channeling A Single Shot Sam here
All of the cast acted like Pros, great script

Liked Seven Psychopaths, and loved this

4.5/5

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

The Shape of Water

Del toro delivered best film since Pan’s Labyrinth
Amazing art direction
Shannon deserves an oscar
Bioshock/Rapture feel all over it
Creature design as expected from GDT, is cool af

Unlike new Bladerunner, this world i am going back to again later
Some classic scenes

5/5

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2018-03-02

PM

The last movie I watched was Thor ragnarok but is was not good enough for me.

It’s not what you look at that matters, it’s what you see.

Total Posts: 285

Joined 2017-01-12

PM

nomadsoul - 22 February 2018 01:25 AM

The Shape of Water

Del toro delivered best film since Pan’s Labyrinth
Amazing art direction
Shannon deserves an oscar
Bioshock/Rapture feel all over it
Creature design as expected from GDT, is cool af

Unlike new Bladerunner, this world i am going back to again later
Some classic scenes

5/5

Meh… it’s a disney movie with sex and swearing

Pan’s Labyrinth wasn’t that great either

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Headycakesofdoom - 02 March 2018 09:06 AM

Meh… it’s a disney movie with sex and swearing
Pan’s Labyrinth wasn’t that great either

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

Turned on Shape of Water, turned it off again after 1 minute.

If it’s going to have that fairy-tale esthetic and feel with very slow scenes lead by dramatic orchestra music I have to prepare myself mentally first.

Instead I watched Good Time. Great crime movie with Robert Pattinson delivering his A-game acting and proving there is life after Twilight.

Will give Shape of Water another go in the weekend perhaps.

Also watched Bone Tomahawk and Coco. Both 9/10 respectively.
Former seems to be inspired by Bram Stoker’s Dracula. Thought that was interesting.

Saw Three billboards outside Ebbing Missouri last week as well. 8/10
Cast was great and Sam Rockwell in particular is an interesting actor(was indeed great in Seven Psychopats).
Only gripe I had was the ending. Doesn’t really make sense in the context of the movie, but hardly ruined it for me.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Why do I keep getting sucked in to watching new Star Wars films? I just went through the torture of watching the latest one (8?) and it’s 2.5 hours I’ll never get back. Simply dreadful.

Sick

Total Posts: 330

Joined 2017-08-15

PM

Oscar - 14 March 2018 06:39 AM

Why do I keep getting sucked in to watching new Star Wars films? I just went through the torture of watching the latest one (8?) and it’s 2.5 hours I’ll never get back. Simply dreadful.

Sick

Couldn’t agree more. For god’s sake, someone bring back Star Trek and hand it to Tarantino so we can get some class in cinema sci-fi again and not this mindless rubbish!

Member of the NAALCB - (North American Anti- Lobster Cop Brigade) since 2019.

Total Posts: 600

Joined 2011-06-07

PM

Haven’t you heard?

They are working on Star Wars for adults and it’s called Dune!
Apparantly Villeneuveis even thinking of multiple movies, so this is really where sci-fi fans should be looking forward to, rather than the umptieth childish fairytale in space by Lucas & Co.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top