• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445SpeedBo

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Recent movies seen

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

TimovieMan - 07 April 2017 04:47 PM

I’m an idiot.

Yes.

Watched Split. Great movie. Seems everyone had a similar experience. Went in expecting psychological thriller, then some stuff happened you are not sure how to feel about but you ride it out and then after the end twist EVERYTHING makes sense and falls into place.
8/10

Also watched Kubo and the two strings today. Fantastic stop-motion animation. Looks absolutely stunning, great soundtrack voice acting and story. 8.5/10

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I hope the Kingsman sequel is as good as the first.
Saw the Kick-Ass sequel recently and it was a huge step down from the fun first movie. Although this sequel isn’t directed by Matthew Vaughn like The Kingsman sequel.
I wonder how they are going to ressurect Colin Firth in the sequel?

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

lomonerma33 - 12 April 2017 08:40 PM

Today i saw an old movie with S Stallone named Cliffhanger. And i must admit that it was a really good film Smile

Cliffhanger is not an old movie! Frown

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

@TimMovieMan

Check out La Isla Minima. Spanish Noir mystery movie in the vein of True Detective.

You’ll thank me later.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Origami - 18 April 2017 11:15 AM

@TimMovieMan

Check out La Isla Minima. Spanish Noir mystery movie in the vein of True Detective.

You’ll thank me later.

any True Detective without Maconahey, isnt true enough Tongue

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

Advie - 18 April 2017 12:08 PM
Origami - 18 April 2017 11:15 AM

@TimMovieMan

You’ll thank me later.

Maconahey???

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

McC(Kkkkkk)onaughey

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Life - 1.5/5

Superb concept, decent direction, good creature design for most of the film, more body horror than expected, piss-poor script.

NASA and ESA used to send the best of the best into space. Now apparently they settle for unprofessional idiots who know nothing about contingency plans. If anyone on this mission had half a brain, there would be zero casualties and no movie. But there IS a movie, and you don’t care what happens to these people because they’re all facepalm-inducing once the carnage starts.

I also don’t get why the alien evolves to have something resembling a creepy slasher face despite being established it doesn’t need one for any function. Before the creature grows that, the design was great. Oh well, the movie had gone to crap by then anyway.
Hell, even the final ‘twist’ is one you could see coming a mile away, and I can easily think of a way better ending…

Pay close attention to the soundtrack in the opening minutes. The composer seems to have taken a lot of clues from the The Dig soundtrack, as well as the 2001: A Space Odyssey one, before becoming rather generic.

Oh, and can anyone tell me what actual function the rat in the lab had, other than being a convenient plot device?

Guardians of the Galaxy 2 - 3/5

Solid and tons of fun. Kurt Russell in particular seemed to have enjoyed himself on set.
If you liked the first film, you’ll undoubtedly like this one too. Lots of laughs, lots of 80s references, lots of cool sequences and one super-cute Baby Groot. But also relatively little plot considering the film’s length, and absolutely no progress towards the Infinity War or any of the other MCU movies. It’s pretty much a standalone film with little actual meat.
It is fun, though… Smile

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Advie - 18 April 2017 12:08 PM

Rust Cohle was True Detective, brand will live but Rust is Rust what makes it TD

TimovieMan - 29 April 2017 06:56 PM

Life - 1.5/5

Superb concept, decent direction, good creature design for most of the film, more body horror than expected, piss-poor script.

Trailers never showed any alien just hinted some paranormal and weird shit
Now i know its Alien/Creature stuff, spoiled

But nevermind…was reluctant anyway thanks to crappy Ryan reynolds even though i have to consume every JacobBenjamin flick

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

nomadsoul - 30 April 2017 05:22 AM

Trailers never showed any alien just hinted some paranormal and weird shit
Now i know its Alien/Creature stuff, spoiled

All trailers I saw showed the single cell organism they found on Mars, showed it rapidly evolving, and showed the alien attacking from its lab box and breaking out (implying that the black dude examining it is the first to die). Why do you think the film is called “Life”???

Besides, at most I spoiled the first 15-20 minutes of the film. Also the best part of the film, where the astronauts were just doing their job instead of doing everything in their power to get killed through sheer stupidity.

But nevermind…was reluctant anyway thanks to crappy Ryan reynolds even though i have to consume every JacobBenjamin flick

Gyllenhaal is the star of the film and the main focus. Well, arguably the alien is. Smile
Reynolds’ role is very minor in comparison.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

Tim, check out La Isla Minima. I have good taste.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Origami - 30 April 2017 05:11 PM

Tim, check out La Isla Minima. I have good taste.

You’ve mentioned this before, comparing it to True Detective. It’s on my list of movies to watch. I just haven’t found it yet (and Netflix doesn’t have it).

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Some great setpieces and back to back action with exciting screenplay marred by some cheap CG and direction
Still its best RE movie since the original
Highly recommended for RE fans

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Pirates of the Caribbean: Salazar’s Revenge Dead Men Tell No Tales - 2.5/5

First they change the title from a cool quote, often used in-universe even, to a generic-sounding “Salazar’s Revenge”. Then they take a villain who is essentially the series’ fourth captain of an invincible ghost ship (out of five movies including two that are basically a double feature - really original). Then they Flanderize Jack Sparrow even further so there are now NO redeeming qualities to the character whatsoever, and he was never all that interesting to begin with, with Barbossa being both more classic and more well-rounded. And then they sacrifice several good plot elements that deserve WAY more focus to include an irrelevant Paul McCartney cameo and a “forced wedding” sequence that has no point but to provide some cheap, flat laughs that fail…

So why is this still watchable? Two reasons and two reasons alone: Geoffrey Rush and Javier Bardem.

In contrast to the last movie, Rush didn’t look bored and forced by contract, so he’s giving an average performance, which for a guy with his talent is more than enough to blow the rest of the cast (minus Bardem) out of the water. One scene in particular is even “Rush in form” and conveys a lot of meaning just with a couple of looks. Naturally, Sparrow spoils it by having to say out loud what Rush had already made obvious in silence, but that’s not Rush’s fault.
And then there’s Bardem who provides the necessary depth to an otherwise flat character.

Frankly, if they make a sixth film, I hope they dump Sparrow. But even moreso, I hope they bury the series. Something they should have done after the first film which is still the only one that’s actually good…

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Taxi Driver (remastered ver) - They dont build shit like this anymore

Colors, cinematography, chemistry of characters and retro feel was so much better
Robert and Cybill have made a great couple
Well ahead of its time and still better than most of junk today in hollywood
Young Robert resembles Messi sometimes

4/5

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top