• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Site → Site & Forum Feedback → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Keybordz

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Problem with ads

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

When looking at screenshots here, I’ve been getting hijacked by an advertisement that takes me to another screen, mostly white with a clickable ad box. At the top there is text that says it will return me to my page in 10 seconds as it starts a coundown.  This has happened at least 5 times in the past couple of days on two different computers and browsers. 

Edit:  The site is go.goadvs.com

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 724

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

That definitively isn’t OK. I’ve contacted the ad partner again and stopped advertising through them, currently, all advertising is directly done by AG (which is limited in amount), it’ll be like that for the coming period as we re-evaluate the usage of ad partners

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

The ad partner made a lot of changes to their current setup and going forward it’ll either be a gaming campaign (like you see now) or directly revert back to ourselves so we can run house-ads (Like we’re now doing for Duke).

If you see -anything- strange or weird please let me know and I’ll directly action it.

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Thanks, CaliMonk.  The redirect issue seems to have been resolved soon after your post in October.  Sorry I didn’t let you know sooner.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

the site has been eaten up by the ‘yesterday origins’ add on androids, half the page holds the add and pressing anywhere directs to steam.. check it out guys

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

I had the same problem with my Iphone. Clicking on any link took you to steam.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

Should be better now, my bad here, sorry.

The site isn’t very optimized for use on mobile/tablets, in my efforts to ensure it is, I underestimated the amount of people already using the website through their phone and left that in a semi-broken state last night. Made further adjustments right now that should mean it’s usable on the phone again, better than before.

Additional changes were made over the weekend that make me feel that it’s fairly good on a tablet now, certainly not the same level as a redesign would do, but making progress nontheless. I’ll make further mobile changes in the coming period to ensure we get towards a more optimal setup there as well.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Fix’d thanks

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

another problem with androids, guys you need to check it out, the site is *scrambled*.

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

Could you be a bit more specific? I’m currently working on ensuring the site is optimized on mobile, big steps made but also enough left.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

i would love i pic from my android but unfortunately i can’t it doest have the same option of the Ipad (that i know of) that can easily capture what the screen is showing

i will try..

half the page site is only appearing, the other half is black, and all the clickable words (Forums, Logout, Freeware and the search box) from the black half are scrambled over the first

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

Could you let me know which phone and what browser? Stock browser or Chrome? I’ve tried to test as many devices as I have but will see if I can find other ways.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Samsung SMG60H
Mobile *internet* Brower (that with blue planet earth sign) Smile

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

On the iphone it looks like this in portrait

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Lucien21 - 26 November 2016 08:16 AM

On the iphone it looks like this in portrait

that is it

You are here: HomeForum Home → Site → Site & Forum Feedback → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top