• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Recent movies seen

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Arrival is a mind bending georgous movie. Up there with my favourite First Contact movies.

I might still have Contact there on the top, but this might be a close second.

Also saw Fantastic Beasts and where to find them.

It was a fine addition to the Harry Potter universe. It spends too much time world building and introducing the creatures that affects the pace a bit, but it is a lot of fun.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

double post

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Damn this turkish movie is psychotic and disturbing…
At first it felt like Evilwithin game
Director said his inspirations were PHANTASMAGORIA, DARKSEED, SANITARIUM and DOOM, but he went too far than those games

Atleast there is some movie director who has played Phantas and Sanitarium

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

HandMaiden

I think this fab Korean director took Blueisthewarmestcolor as a challenge and decided to shoot better you know what

His weakest film

2/5

Total Posts: 19

Joined 2016-11-07

PM

Just watched Doctor Strange

3/5

Far too many hospital scenes… bit horrible.

Action was fine but fairly standard. The magical cloak was such an ex machina… don’t really understand why he was chosen by the cloak. Villain could have done with a bit of fleshing out, but Doctor Strange was a good character. The backwards fight scene was fun, I enjoyed that.

Sequels should be interesting, I liked a certain Avenger turning up at the end Smile

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Watched Rogue One
Thought it was ok until the last third where it became amazing. Great setpiece and connections with the trilogy.
Good cast, Mads was underused again like in Doctor Strange. Liked Jyn the robot were the stars, I think Felicity Jones did a very good job.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

A couple of weeks ago, but still:

Jack Reacher: Never Go Back - 2.5/5

Enjoyable but lacks the element of surprise from the better-than-expected first film. Also lacks the power of the first film’s opening sequence. Still, solid, if little more.

Doctor Strange - 3/5

Solid entry into the MCU, fun film, fantastic visual effects. Would’ve liked more Mikkelsen, but overall a very enjoyable flick.

And more recently:

The Arrival - 4.5/5

Best. Movie. Of. The. Year. Period.
Thought-provoking and stunning (that shot where they arrive at the camp with the helicopter was mindblowingly beautiful), with gorgeous music (that Max Richter track in the beginning and end!). Took some of the Interstellar concepts and took them into a very different direction, and ended up with an even better film if you ask me.
Villeneuve now has my full blessing for Blade Runner and Dune. Bring it!

Rogue One - 4/5

Enjoyable first hour and a half. Insanely awesome last hour. Gave it the same rating as The Force Awakens, but frankly, Rogue One is better because it’s not a rehash of A New Hope.
Brilliant Vader cameo, especially in the final minute. But would have liked to have seen more of Mikkelsen. Seriously, stop giving him small roles or underbuilt characters.
The Peter Cushing CGI was pretty poor, though. The ‘young Leia’ shot was better but still heavily flawed. Should’ve hired the Ant-Man FX guys - that opening sequence with a younger Michael Douglas was the best I’ve seen in this area of CGI.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 15 December 2016 04:18 AM

Mads was underused again like in Doctor Strange.

My hero Donnieyen have small screentime then too?

They need to put some Chinese and European faces in blockbusters to make money in that country, China makes huge $
So Mads is bait and switch

http://www.vox.com/videos/2016/11/29/13765398/china-movie-industry-changing-hollywood

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 27 December 2016 08:46 PM
wilco - 15 December 2016 04:18 AM

Mads was underused again like in Doctor Strange.

My hero Donnieyen have small screentime then too?

They need to put some Chinese and European faces in blockbusters to make money in that country, China makes huge $
So Mads is bait and switch

http://www.vox.com/videos/2016/11/29/13765398/china-movie-industry-changing-hollywood

At least he is one with the force and the force is with him…
Donnie gets one cool action sequence but in the final battle doesn’t do that much because the scale is more about machines blowing up. Character is ok

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Nocturnal Animals

My best movie of 2016
Stellar cast and acting
This Aaron taylor guy who i knew nothing about delivered some amazing performance
Jake and Shannon , everyone were in top form

It has a vibe of Alanwake and Mulholland Drive, will leave you guessing in the end

Highly recommended

5/5

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

TimovieMan - 27 December 2016 07:24 PM

The Arrival - 4.5/5

Best. Movie. Of. The. Year. Period.
Thought-provoking and stunning (that shot where they arrive at the camp with the helicopter was mindblowingly beautiful), with gorgeous music (that Max Richter track in the beginning and end!). Took some of the Interstellar concepts and took them into a very different direction, and ended up with an even better film if you ask me.

I agree wholeheartedly. Arrival is up there between 2001, Close Encounters and Contact. One of the best sci-fi movies I have ever seen, and by far the best movie I’ve seen this year.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

tsa - 30 December 2016 04:01 PM

I agree wholeheartedly. Arrival is up there between 2001, Close Encounters and Contact. One of the best sci-fi movies I have ever seen, and by far the best movie I’ve seen this year.

What baffles me most is that Denis Villeneuve, a French Canadian, hardly speaks any English, and that in a movie where language is so central to the plot.

Incendies, Prisoners, then Sicario and now this. That’s one heck of a track record, and he’s improving even. THE director to watch at the moment, imo.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Star wars Episode VIII now has an official name

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Lucien21 - 23 January 2017 01:09 PM

Star wars Episode VIII now has an official name

Sequel to The Last Starfighter?
The Last of us Jedi? Road trip with Luke and Rey?

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

John Wick 2

What a disappointment
lacks finesse of the original and very clumsy fight scenes that are too fake and poorly done

2/5

damn

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top