• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

CharophyceanGabriel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Recent movies seen

Total Posts: 495

Joined 2008-07-23

PM

Don’t Hassle the Hoff… KUNG FURY  Cool

Women come and go… a highscore lasts forever

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Abnaxus - 15 October 2016 02:55 PM

Don’t Hassle the Hoff… KUNG FURY  Cool

Hehe, loads of fun. Tongue

Speaking of the Hoff, I caught a couple of episodes of his mockumentary series “Hoff the Record”. It’s surprisingly funny and actually quite decent… Say about the Hoff what you will, but he knows how to take the piss out of himself. Cool

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 495

Joined 2008-07-23

PM

Sounds interesting, I always appreciate a bad actor who knows how to make fun of himself.

Women come and go… a highscore lasts forever

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Abnaxus - 15 October 2016 04:48 PM

Sounds interesting, I always appreciate a bad actor who knows how to make fun of himself.

Hassle was a childhood hero,
Knight rider to Baywatch babes
Later spoiled my childhood Smile in a good way

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Desierto

Trump hired walking dead assassin to sniper illegal 21 grams immigrant while Birdman guy captures footage

Got to check it , Dog animations are next gen

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/doctor_strange_2016/

Great reviews
madsxrachel oh yeah
Only movie after guardians i am gonna go for cinema

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 23 October 2016 07:14 PM

Great reviews
madsxrachel oh yeah

Saw it yesterday, it’s fun but don’t really expect anything out of usual Marvel stuff except for some very cool visuals. Mads does ok but its just another Marvel villain with not enough screen time to make it anything memorable. Tilda was cool, Sherlock is good but must of his jokes fell flat to me, Rachel is barely in it.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 29 October 2016 07:18 AM

Rachel is barely in it.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

wilco - 29 October 2016 07:18 AM
nomadsoul - 23 October 2016 07:14 PM

Great reviews
madsxrachel oh yeah

Saw it yesterday, it’s fun but don’t really expect anything out of usual Marvel stuff except for some very cool visuals. Mads does ok but its just another Marvel villain with not enough screen time to make it anything memorable. Tilda was cool, Sherlock is good but must of his jokes fell flat to me, Rachel is barely in it.

Just back from seeing it today.

I second your review. I enjoyed it.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Neon Demon

Another case where the my argument of style over substance is justified.
Its about the experience , and this film is one hell of an artistic one.
Refn after Drive,Onlygodforgives delivers another trippy world to get lost into,
killer cinematography complimented by CliffMartinez ost, amazing synths as always
Themes are your usual body exploitation and sinister ambitions in fashion industry but presented in Refn style

Teaser of acid trip

4.5/5

Total Posts: 19

Joined 2016-11-07

PM

I watched Moneyball last night.

Loved it! I don’t care much for baseball, but I found the behind-the-scenes look at the world of sports GMs really fascinating. Brad Pitt is captivating as ever, and Jonah Hill is solid (a bit tubby too).

4/5

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

Watched the Good, the Bad and the Ugly for the first time finishing the Sergio Leone trilogy.

This one will enter my top 10 of fav movies probably. Tuco was such a great character. The movie could have easily been an hour longer than its already 3 hour duration, wouldn’t have mind.

One of those rare classics that are genuinely fun to watch instead of having to slog through just so that one can act pretentious and join in on classic movie discussions(I am looking at you Citizen Kane lovers).

9/10

-killer soundtrack
-great cast
-great story that sees our protagonists end up in differents situations
-exposition mostly done through visuals than dialogue
-Last act of the movie has so many amazing parts

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Saw The Arrival and it’s a brilliant movie. Great story and themes (would make a great adventure game) with the visuals and soundtrack elevating it to a new scifi classic.

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I saw Arrival last night, Wilco, and I loved it.  I was familiar with that concept of time, probably from other sci-fi stories I’ve read, but I really like the way they had the viewer experience it in her mind.  Also, the special effects were understated but wonderfully done.  I’m going to see if I can find a copy of the original short novella, “Story of Your Life” by Ted Chiang.

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I loved visuals of the alien ship. And all those tense scenes leading up to the encounters. Really well done. I heard about him but never read anything from Ted Chiang.

Also saw A Monster Calls recently. Another good movie, full on sentimental sad story but never falls into melodramatic. Also great visuals and voice work by Liam Neeson.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top