• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Hint Requests & Technical Problems → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissie

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Hadean Lands… are there dead ends?

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Huh, that’s odd. Thanks.

Still, the ritual doesn’t work. Can you see anything wrong?
> recall planetary
“TO CREATE A PLANETARY LENS (which reveals symbolic associations of the celestial sphere):
This will require two glass lenses of matching curvature. Prepare an environment with lunar
influences, ensuring that the atmosphere is free of aromas. Place one lens within the bound, and
invoke a simple sealing, followed by a word of essential nature. Let one drop of Java spirit upon
the lens, and place the other lens atop it. The Binding of the Celestial Sphere will fuse the lenses
and empower them.”
> put silver coin on shelf
You put the silver coin on the gestalt shelf.
> put convex in bound
You put the convex glass lens into the pedestal bound.
> say simple sealing
You take a breath, trace the bound in your mind, and intone the simple sealing word.
The arc begins to glow palely around the convex glass lens.
> say word of essential nature
You intone the word of essential nature. The glassy nature of the lens rises to the surface,
though with an indistinct shimmer.
> pour java on convex
You carefully drip lubanja onto the convex glass lens.
> put concave on convex
The pale light ripples as you push through the arc. You leave the concave glass lens within the
pedestal bound, and carefully withdraw your hand.
> say binding of celestial
You begin invoking the Binding of the Celestial Sphere. The sounds seem distant and foreign,
but you speak them precisely. Nonetheless, you perceive no effect.

The only thing I can think of is that I haven’t put the lens on top of the other lens but none of the word combinations seem to let me do that.

I’m wondering if the game isn’t a bit too ambitious. Every time I come across a problem I’m going to be wondering if it’s me that hasn’t figured something out or a parser problem that hasn’t been ironed out.

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

When you say the simple sealing with a lunar influence, the arc should glow silver, rather than “palely”. (I can’t believe I still remember that!)

So you’ve got some contamination. Check that your bottles of aroma are all closed; also that you’re not in that lab with the furnace (pyrics lab?), because you always have a fiery environment there.

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Yep, that was the problem! I’ve made a bit of progress, now just need to know if the g-flat chime is good enough for the f-sharp glass permeability ritual. I only have g-flat but it turns to dust when I do the ritual.

I mean, they should be the same thing but this is alchemy so I don’t know   Confused

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

No, they’re considered 2 different notes. You’ll have to find the right chime.

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Thanks man. Now I’m flying through rituals like there’s no tomorrow.

I realized that you find most rooms quite early (I drew my own map) and after that the game is about going over old ground again and again with new abilities and trinkets. Pretty cool. There’s more than meets the eye.

Well done, kid!

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Writing in this game sucks you in, but i am not sure if i can bother myself with magical stuff, is it too obtuse?

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Hint Requests & Technical Problems → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top