• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Stinky food

Total Posts: 932

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

Sage - 28 August 2012 11:44 PM

Like regular herring isn’t stinky enough as it is?  I’ve got to wonder what brave soul hidden in the mists of the past opened a container of herring that had fermented and said “I don’t care what it smells like, I’m gonna eat it anyway!” and lived to tell the tale.  No doubt his buddies hailed him as “Da Man” due to his ability to ignore his natural self-preservation instincts and eat fish that had obviously gone bad, but I’ve also got to wonder how long he lived if his policy of eating food regardless of how bad it smelled extended to other dishes.

Haha! Grin

Of course, when you start thinking like that, one can think very far like “I wonder who was the first to decide to eat this or that” Tongue Much of the (food)stuff that we find normal today, it’s actually pretty weird when you start thinking about it…

But enough of Stinky food - let’s talk Squinky food!

Or not…

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

I tried some pamplemousse once.

Smelt fine but I have no idea if it was a male or female pamplemousse, or if that would have made any difference? Tongue

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

Like regular herring isn’t stinky enough as it is?

Not stinky! Lovely herring. Us Dutchies eat raw herring. With or without onion. Very popular.

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Total Posts: 235

Joined 2004-09-18

PM

Some stinky Asian foods:

Japanese nattô (sticky fermented soybeans) I’m the only person in my household who’ll eat this. Definitely an acquired taste. More for me! Smile

Chinese haam yu salted fish: Guaranteed to stink up your kitchen, so you’d better have very understanding neighbours. Sick I’ll only eat it when it’s cooked with chicken fried rice (haam yu guy lup chow faan).

(Did I ever mention the time I was assigned by the C&D Agency to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, to shoot durian-flavoured whipped cream balloons from the skybridge of the Petronas Towers at unsuspecting passers-by below walking in the hot KL sun??? Now that was a great assignment!) Naughty

Diabolus ex Machina since 1993

Total Posts: 360

Joined 2006-01-12

PM

Like regular herring isn’t stinky enough as it is?  I’ve got to wonder what brave soul hidden in the mists of the past opened a container of herring that had fermented and said “I don’t care what it smells like, I’m gonna eat it anyway!” and lived to tell the tale.  No doubt his buddies hailed him as “Da Man” due to his ability to ignore his natural self-preservation instincts and eat fish that had obviously gone bad, but I’ve also got to wonder how long he lived if his policy of eating food regardless of how bad it smelled extended to other dishes.

According to Wikipedia it’s the ‘stinkiest’ dish in the world. Grin

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surströmming

Actually, it’s considered a delicacy by some people and there are annual surströmmings parties held around this time of year.  Sick 
I’ve eaten surströmming a couple of times and I can tell you it doesn’t taste as bad as it smells. But since the smell is there anyway it ruins the meal for sure.

Lazy Bee
Temporary guest in your life.

Total Posts: 236

Joined 2006-10-06

PM

Cheese sauce with pasta stinks - it smells like old socks! Tongue

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

I love cheese, especially smelly cheese. I don’t smell much so the smellier the better! Does anyone have a good tip?

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top