• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

CharophyceandiegoLady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Favorite TV shows

Poll: Most Overhyped
Total Votes: 42
Breaking Bad
Game of Thrones
Walking Dead
Mad Men

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

Anyway, I do think that I get your point, but I’m not really getting the soap vibes myself. To me it feels much more like lets say True Detective, where the story will sooner or later reach its natural conclusion and the show will end when that happens, more like a 10-20 hours long movie, than a show that can continue season after season. I might of course be wrong and the whole thing turns into something similar to Lost, but I sure hope not!

Yes, I guess you are starting to understand what I am saying as True Detective is an example of exactly how I like it.
If Westworld becomes a ‘long movie’, then I will definitely watch it. Unfortunately, HBO wants this to replace Game of Thrones(which will end in 1 or 2 seasons)so I am expecting 6 seasons at minimum.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

So TWD S7Ep1

That Negan scene reminded me of Carver
It created ripples across globe
Oh my fav character dying
What surprised me is that value chain in media nowadays
Kirkman made the comic, money
Channel telecasting , money
Other channels taking license across the globe, money
Figures, money
Other franchises, money
You tube reaction vids, money
People re enacting the scene in their backyard with 1+mill subs, money
Youtube making their own money, channel owners their own
Then there are scene analysts making vids
Negan actor got superhit in one day

There is this cultural footprint and then there is value chain on one single scene

Spoiler pic
ToyfigureofScene

Insane times

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

It was a big event when it happened in the comics but, of course, the scale is much smaller compared to the tv world.
I haven’t seen the episode yet but it’s a nice pic the actor for Negan, he has the opportunity to make a memorable perfomance with this character. The Negan arc that follows this scene is very good in the comics so I hope they keep most of it for the series.

Total Posts: 19

Joined 2016-11-07

PM

I’ve heard a lot about this Negan stuff, but I’ve never seen a ep of WD. Looking forward to GOT tho, happy Jon Snow is back!

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Saw both seasons of Narcos (finally nomad Smile ), second season kind of slugged sometimes but overall it was excellent. Good use of real footage.
At some points I thought “no way this happened” but just went researching to see most of it really did… Neutral horrible stuff

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 07 November 2016 07:38 AM

Saw both seasons of Narcos (finally nomad Smile ), second season kind of slugged sometimes but overall it was excellent. Good use of real footage.
At some points I thought “no way this happened” but just went researching to see most of it really did… Neutral horrible stuff

yeah i prefer Season1 too
Now you should binge watch Bloodlines

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 07 November 2016 09:13 AM
wilco - 07 November 2016 07:38 AM

yeah i prefer Season1 too
Now you should binge watch Bloodlines

We’ll get there, it’s also on the list Smile
The Crown was recently released but the first episode was so slow, not sure I’ll stick with it

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Just a week to go before Game of Thrones Season 6 becomes available on DVD - I can’t wait!

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Wait what?

Whats the cast?

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

They dropped the movie for a TV show instead.

It’s going to be strange as the inhumans are all over the Agents of SHIELD show.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

I
Recommended
it

S1 was good

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Westworld
(trailer here)

“These violent delights have violent ends”

I just saw the season finale of Westworld last night and I have to say .. wow .. why can’t all season finales be like that?!?

And it is not just the finale that is superb, it is the whole season!

The acting is great where especially Anthony Hopkins as Dr. Robert Ford the creator of the park, completely owns the scenes he is in, but also Evan Rachel Wood as Dolores Abernathy the oldest host in the park, and Jeffrey Wright as Bernard Lowe the lead programmer, does an excellent job.

It has a grand multi-layered and multi-faceted story about the emergence of a new spices, a hero’s journey, a quest to find the centre of the maze, what it means to be human and whatnot. I wont go into details to avoid spoilers, but the story is not always told in the normal linear way, and they do like piling up mysteries and plot twist, though all plot twist are telegraphed ahead and never comes completely out of the blue. 

Hell even the music is outstanding, with the orchestral version of Paint it Black by The Rolling Stones as my personal favourite.

And for those who like Origami are concerned that it is one of those stories that just keeps on going forever and ever without any conclusions, then I can confirm that that is not the case. Everything that is started in season one also comes to a satisfying conclusion here in season one, and even though they are planning more seasons, then it is in no way necessary for the story.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

It feels unreal and back to surreal

TwinPeaks 2017

He is back too

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Taboo

Tom is not mood of doing anything wrong with his selection of work