• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoinklingwoodNico2021SpeedBo

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

I want to play 4!

Total Posts: 50

Joined 2012-05-19

PM

D, O, N… now the rest of the riddle, no clues, the final answer will be revealed after all the parts are combined. Hints: use google books, translator and of course wikipedia. Notice everything… Good Luck:

Insects that collect dang sang a song of belief
you Let it, the first chord, Be there sounds in a brief
It sound like two other letters but only one am I
You better make a guess it’s not hard to come by

The next one is the most selfish of all the other letters
The one after you already know better
It’s the one you gave up on that sounds like the chord
In the right order you put them to be heard

The fourth you’ll have to seek
In the battle on watling street
Tacitus claims such number times 10000 kills
reflect on the letters to see what it yields.

here comes the fifth, you might have guessed it by now
you already found it, you need to guess it somehow
Now the last you need to use myself
the digit of a number of a beast it reflects

Now you found a book, you are almost out of the maze
And the digits are coming to give you the phrase
No longer are letter but full all grown words
PLW is the code that you need to make them heard

The first word is easy ill give you the start
the number is 41 you dont need to be that smar
Then it’s the birth day of the greatest of all
In soccer he won do you know him at all?
Another number i give so you have so many
It’s the number of smiles but reduce them by twenty

The second word you need to squere the amount of years
It took to paint the most famous smile of all ladies
and then you turn legal in Algiers
The last number is 1 won’t you agree?

The third word is found in a common roses bouquet
Then the day of death of the black king who put rights on our way
Substruct you have found to find out the third
Now that it’s done you are free as a bird

Joined 2012-05-19

PM

No shots? not even on part of it?

Well, start with finding 6 more letter just like the previous parts. It will form you a name of a book. You’ll have to fine what PLW means. Then you will have 3 sets of three numbers each. try solving it now.

Total Posts: 8469

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I didn’t want to guess, because my answers are far too incomplete.

I’m pants (or trousers) at all things musical, so the chords are beyond me. And when two different chords for ‘Let It Be’ by The Beatles are found online, I’m even more baffled.

The second letter is ‘I’ (most selfish of all).

The fourth should be an ‘X’ (Tacitus claimed 100000 men = 10 x 10000).

The sixth could be a ‘G’ because that’s closest to a ‘6’ which is the main digit in ‘666’, the number of the Beast. Or possible an ‘e’ which is a mirrored and reversed ‘6’. Mirroring and reversing can also be attributed to the Beast.

Anyway, based on the I, the X and the start of ‘DON’, my best guess is the book is “Don Quixote” with messed-up spelling. Tongue

PLW is either the country of Palau, or the legend for a sports league table (Played/Lost/Won).

The greatest of all in (soccer Pan) football is Pelé, but that’s debatable. I’m sure the Cruijff / Beckenbauer / Platini / Zidane / Messi / etc. crowd will complain. His birth day is 10-21-40 (mm-dd-yy).

Da Vinci needed 16 years to paint Mona Lisa.
Legal in Algiers is ambiguous. Do you mean the legal marrying age? Then we’ve got two answers - 21 for males, 18 for females.

Day of death of Martin Luther King is 4-4-68.

I’m missing half the answers, the other half are unclear. And I haven’t got the faintest clue as to how all these things add up together.

This is a mess.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

I would say it Don Quixote as well.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 127

Joined 2012-02-10

PM

QUIXOTE is seven letters, and the first set of clues suggests six letters.

“Insects that collect” suggests “bee”. A letter (B) that sounds like three (“bee”). But we’re told we have to give up on one later on, so maybe we need to switch to E.

So E or B.

Next, I is the most selfish. I hope. EI or BI.

One that I gave up on? A? B? C? D? E? F? G? Those are all chords.

According to Wikipedia, Tacitus claimed 100,000 combatants at that battle, but 80,000 enemy casualties. So that’s 80,000 slain. Eighth letter is H, but 8 also looks like a B? We’re supposed to “reflect on the letter”, so I think B works a little better than counting.

EIBB?

The one we already found could be any of those.

Finally, the reflected number of the beast could be E or D or even B or G (6 can be made to reflect a lowercase d or an e or a g or a q!)

So we have:

1. B or E (possibly)
2. I (probably)
3. something between A and G.
4. Probably B? Possibly H?
5. One of the prior letters
6. E, D, or G.

Joined 2012-05-19

PM

You guys are clearly well experienced with those kind of things Smile but there are the little prints that will send you in the right direction:

It is the LET IT BE of the beatles. type in google “let it be chords” and click the first link.

Mona lisa is correct here is th elink that will give the answer: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mona_Lisa. see how much it was believed to be painted (between which years).

I is correct.

Pele is also correct. here is the link of his in wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pelé.

the number of the beast is 666, digit 6 that is also correct but you missed what the meanning of “myself” is… think a bit more.

in the battle of walting street: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Watling_Street, tacius claimed 80,400 dead. devide by 10K u get 8.04 but we’re looking for a whole number to it’s 8.

Martin luthar king is correct but I’m sorry i wrote death when I meant birth. the number is 15.

The legal age in algeirs is the age you are considered to be adult. a little search in goole and wiki you find it is 19.

What amazes me is your deducted it all, never the less, correct! Don Kishot is another name for the story you mentioned, and that’s why you need to search for in google books.
Why Kishot? cause the first chord in “let it be” is C, which sounds like K or S. We know the I. We found the 8th letter H according to tacius, O is the letter you already found in DON (just placing each one of D O N and see which make sense). And the last one is T, Which you know is related somehow to 6 and “myself”... I’ll let you figure it out Grin
so we try first with S as first and then K as third and see that it makes no sense, then try K first and S third with O in the fifth and get KISHOT. DON KISHOT.
Amazing you added this all up together without actually having all the pieces. We should all be DIs.

only now you need to find all the numbers and find out what PLW means. but that’s easy. the hint is “Now you found a book”... A book… PLW…. 3 sets of three numbers each…. hmm…

Total Posts: 8469

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

WitchOfDoubt -

Hence why I said “Don Quixote with messed-up spelling”. Grin

Wait, it’s been an entire weekend and no-one made a new attempt???

Fine, let’s continue:

PLW = Page / Line / Word

The number of smiles but reduced by 20 could be ‘12’. A healthy adult smile *should* consist of 32 teeth, minus 20 = 12.

A common roses bouquet apparently consists of a dozen and a half roses (although it’s debatable) = 18.
And the third number in this set is probably the result of subtracting the second (15) from the first (18) which gives 3.

So the first set of numbers is: 41 (given), 21 (Pelé‘s birth day) and possibly 12 (smile - 20)
The second set of numbers is: 16 (Mona Lisa), 19 (Algiers legal age), 1 (given)
And the third set of numbers is: 18 (roses bouquet), 15 (MLK birth day), 3 (18-15)

So we’re looking for the words in “Don Kishot” on page 41, line 21, word 12; page 16, line 19, word 1; and page 18, line 15, word 3.

This gives us:

WAS
ON
PORTUGAL

Unless I had a wrong number somewhere, which is entirely possible.

We’re certain of 41-21 in the first set, but it could be another word on that line.
That line is:
“this world hit upon, and that was that he fancied it was right and requisite, as well for the support”

The second set should be correct. Third set is potentially way off.
If anyone has a better set of numbers, you can look it up in the book here.

And I still don’t know how we get from the digit 6 and ‘myself’ (Charly himself perhaps?) to the letter ‘T’...

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2012-05-19

PM

TimovieMan - 11 June 2012 06:25 AM
WitchOfDoubt -

Hence why I said “Don Quixote with messed-up spelling”. Grin

Wait, it’s been an entire weekend and no-one made a new attempt???

Fine, let’s continue:

PLW = Page / Line / Word   \\\ CORRECT!

The number of smiles but reduced by 20 could be ‘12’. A healthy adult smile *should* consist of 32 teeth, minus 20 = 12. \\\ THIS IS TRICKY. What smiles are we talking about? well the hint is: Try to post a new message in the forum…

A common roses bouquet apparently consists of a dozen and a half roses (although it’s debatable) = 18. \\\ Debateable indeed - the original boquetes were made of dozen roses.

And the third number in this set is probably the result of subtracting the second (15) from the first (18) which gives 3. \\\ this answer is correct nevertheless because
12-15=(-3) but we’re looking for pages, lines and words so it must be positive hence 3.

So the first set of numbers is: 41 (given), 21 (Pelé‘s birth day) and possibly 12 (smile - 20)
The second set of numbers is: 16 (Mona Lisa)  /// stil incorrect according to the link i gave the answer is 3.
, 19 (Algiers legal age), 1 (given) // both correct

And the third set of numbers is: 18 (roses bouquet) /// 12
, 15 (MLK birth day), 3 (18-15)  /// both correct

So we’re looking for the words in “Don Kishot” on page 41, line 21, word 12; page 16, line 19, word 1; and page 18, line 15, word 3.

This gives us:

WAS
ON
PORTUGAL

Unless I had a wrong number somewhere, which is entirely possible.

We’re certain of 41-21 in the first set, but it could be another word on that line.
That line is:
“this world hit upon, and that was that he fancied it was right and requisite, as well for the support”

The second set should be correct. Third set is potentially way off.
If anyone has a better set of numbers, you can look it up in the book here.

And I still don’t know how we get from the digit 6 and ‘myself’ (Charly himself perhaps?) to the letter ‘T’...

Look in the quote i wrote remarks. You basically got it all figured out. You made 2 mistakes out of 9 which is quite amazing on first try. Also your guess on DON KISHOT was brilliant.

The answer to the riddle is: “Adventures Are Us” Grin

That ends the first riddle.
In the upcoming days, look up in Chit Chat to see another riddle, much more subtle and satisfacting. NICE JOB!

Joined 2012-05-19

PM

OH OH i forgot to answer your question.
The “myself” reffers to the text of the riddle. Since the block of this part was starting with the word INSECTS you get the the sixth letter in “myself” is T. It was something to make you guys sweat a bit and not only looking for the facts Grin

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top