• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Lady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Horror Games Thread

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Silent Hill: Shattered Memories

I love this game. Played it all the way through and I’m going to replay it soon. One of the best games I’ve ever played.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 87

Joined 2013-06-26

PM

Henke - 29 June 2014 08:49 AM
CroGamer - 26 June 2014 01:33 PM

Just finished a little game called American McGee’s Alice.

This is one of those games that are REALLY HARD to explain. You control Alice, whose parent have died in a fire accident, and she became insane. Now she must battle her fears and guilt to regain her sanity back. This game takes the plot and characters of the original Alice in Wonderland and turns them darker and scarier. I really like the setting, but some could find it too weird. Overall, I recommend this game.

P.S. Could someone else recommend some games, because my ‘to play’ list is getting short.

Have you played the sequel? It’s even better than the first game IMO.

I hold Sanitarium, Silent Hill: Shattered Memories and Amnesia: The Dark Descent as the best horror games I’ve ever played.

No, I didn’t. I don’t think that my laptop can run it.  Sealed Lips

Anyway, I just started playing <Condemned: Criminal Origins.

It’s deffinetly one of the worst games I played i quite some time. The story isn’t very interesting, and the gameplay is horrid. The game is divided in two kinds of sections; the forensic sections and the fighting sections. The forensic sections are boring. You just get the selected tool out, aim at the object of interest and click. And I really don’t understand the praise of this games’s melee fighting. It’s just left click to swing, and right click to block. That’s it. Avoid this game like a plague.

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Condemned: Criminal Origins.

It’s deffinetly one of the worst games I played i quite some time. The story isn’t very interesting, and the gameplay is horrid. The game is divided in two kinds of sections; the forensic sections and the fighting sections. The forensic sections are boring. You just get the selected tool out, aim at the object of interest and click. And I really don’t understand the praise of this games’s melee fighting. It’s just left click to swing, and right click to block. That’s it. Avoid this game like a plague.

There is Condemned 2 also - it is considered one of the worst games of all time.

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Condemned is A+ game, bought x360 for it. Amazing story , gameplay and concept.

More psychological horror than anything and yes indeed Sequel was crap, still
i bet that one Bear scene in sequel can crap pants.

Try Kuon on PS2. (Great atmosphere and quite disturbing from Creators of Darksouls)

Total Posts: 87

Joined 2013-06-26

PM

This time, I’m going to recommend a game called Sandman.

This is another RPG Maker game by Uri, and it’s second in her Strange Men series. You control Sophie, a high school girl, whose life is not perfect. She’s bullied at school, and her father doesn’t have the time to be with her. And then, one night, she woke up in a world in which everybody except her is sleeping and can not be woken up. She, naturally, goes looking for her friends, and then the weird things start happening. Like the school is inhabited by ghosts, the mall is overrun with marines… I recommend this game, especially because it’s free.

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Try Kuon on PS2. (Great atmosphere and quite disturbing from Creators of Darksouls)

One of my most loved games on the PS2. Loved it - need to replay soon.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

You should give Lone Survivor a try. Cool little horror game inspired in Silent Hill

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I have Lone Survivor on my VITA - lovely little game—a great little indie game - I played it through once and I should do it again!

Total Posts: 6

Joined 2014-07-11

PM

An excellent free indie horror I came across was The Cursed Forest. It’s made on the Cry Engine and it’s simply stunning. Great atmosphere, really creepy.

Image Attachments

Screenshot-1-The-Cursed-Forest-745x559-37f4746f2236af2e.jpg

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

The Cursed Forest.

This game does looks very interesting - I may get it.

Heart Eyes

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

For interested parties, DinoCrisis 1 and 2 are 1$ each on US PSN SALE.
Grab it while its hot.
I am playing DC2 right now Smile

Edit:

And anyone going to SDCC, Evilwithin is playable there so share impressions.

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I just got DinoCrisis 1 from PSN and Parasite Eve 2. I’ve got these on CD for my PS2 as well.

These two games are classics in my book!

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

The best and Greatest horror series is Back, Fatal Frame for WiiU,
looks creepy as hell, awesome looking graphics engine and the same feel of FF 1,2 and 3,
which was missing in FF4 thanks to Suda51 Team flair.

Now the original Tecmo(producer) is back to show whats up.

Releasing this Sept in Japan.

Spam this account for Western release, too bad WiiU is not region free,
still i think it will get localized.

Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=R1rv4GAZoho

Locations Clip
( Again WiiU has some Amazing power, this is the detail i want
in my horror )

WiiU lives

Yum  Yum  Yum  Yum  Yum  Yum

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I hope this gets released here. Fatal Frame 2 Wii remake was released (although FF4 was not…), I think is has some good chances.
This is a very fitting series for WiiU gamepad.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

WiiU gamepad was naturally made for this

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top