• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Charophyceanchrissie

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Beatrix resigns

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Today on the telly everything is about the speech our Queen Beatrix will hold at 19:00 to resign from the throne! Woot! My second Supreme Ruler swap in this life!

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

At least your Supreme Rulers have the common sense to abdicate.
Ours wait until they die before handing over the throne… resulting in the slow death of Belgian Monarchy.
We’ll be a Republic in less than 20 years time, mark my words.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Many people here want that “because the monarchy is so expensive.” I think it earns us much much more than it costs.

Total Posts: 360

Joined 2006-01-12

PM

Many Swedes would rather see the crown princess enter the throne and having the king resign. He’s very old school and has done and said a number of stupid things these last years. She would do a great job as head of the royal family I think. Won’t happen any time soon though.

Lazy Bee
Temporary guest in your life.

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

So she resigns on Thursday and we will have a new king on April 30th. Hooray!

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Jelena - 28 January 2013 01:12 PM

Many Swedes would rather see the crown princess enter the throne and having the king resign. He’s very old school and has done and said a number of stupid things these last years. She would do a great job as head of the royal family I think. Won’t happen any time soon though.

I thought you had a Queen, Sylvia, who is a selfish b****. Wink

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

O and don’t get me wrong: Beatrix was a very good Queen. But she will be 75 on Thursday and she deserves a happy ‘pension’ before she dies. And I think Willem Alexander and Máxima will be a good King and Queen too. I’m looking forward to the Big Change on April 30th! That will be an even crazier koninginnedag than koninginnedag is normally.

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

tsa - 28 January 2013 12:39 PM

My second Supreme Ruler swap in this life!

My third. Smile I was a few months old when Juliana became queen.

Unlike you, I don’t have much faith in Willem-Alexander. I don’t think he’ll be a good king.

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

But at least he can get the benefit of the doubt.

I’m pretty sure our leading successor is legally retarded… Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Fien - 28 January 2013 01:47 PM

Unlike you, I don’t have much faith in Willem-Alexander. I don’t think he’ll be a good king.

I’m quite sure you will be pleasantly surprised Smile. He has done some pretty interesting things for our country already with his focus on water management etc.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Ours is hanging on to her job until she pops her clogs.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Lucien21 - 28 January 2013 04:39 PM

I guess she’s waiting for Charles to die so she can be succeeded by a proper king. Wink

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

tsa - 28 January 2013 04:46 PM

I guess she’s waiting for Charles to die so she can be succeeded by a proper king. Wink

Do we really want a Charles III, the last two didn’t do so well as Charles I was executed and Charles II started the last Anglo - Dutch war.

However who says William V would be any better (At least his wife would make a more attractive queen).

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

William IV. Of course he has seen his mother at work so he knows how it should be done. I’m curious what he will make of his kingship.

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

tsa - 28 January 2013 05:00 PM

William IV. Of course he has seen his mother at work so he knows how it should be done. I’m curious what he will make of his kingship.

I meant our William would be WIlliam V if they skip Charles.

That would be weird is the two countries has a William IV and V on their respective thrones at the same time.

Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

LOL! The image of your queen in clogs gave me my first belly-laugh of the day.

Lucien21 - 28 January 2013 05:25 PM
tsa - 28 January 2013 05:00 PM

I meant our William would be WIlliam V if they skip Charles.

That would be weird is the two countries has a William IV and V on their respective thrones at the same time.

Yes, it would be. I think tsa was on the right track. Let’s resolve the situation before it becomes a real problem, let’s revive the good old days of William III and put our Dutch William on both thrones right now. He can be William V. What do you say? If he does his job well, we might even make him King of Europe. One King to Rule them all!

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top