• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissieKeybordzSpeedBozobraks

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Syberia: The World Before

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Anyway, this game is a step in the right direction. It’s looking so far to be much improved over Syberia 3. As for FPS games on the PC, you can always use keyboard commands, this always worked great for me. On the PC, the mouse works great for me on adventure games, but not for other genres.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 416

Joined 2018-03-07

PM

New 14 minute trailer. The game is coming out next week. Anyone going to be playing it at launch?

I’m part way through the trailer right now, framerate issues aside, I like what I’m seeing.

Total Posts: 1075

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

Sokal’s swan song, i’ll play no matter what reviewers say.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

I’m not going to play it on launch, I’ve got far too many games on my list as is. But I’m going to get it at some point for sure.

Total Posts: 1341

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

Microids just announced it’s been pushed back to Q1 2022.

Total Posts: 5034

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Not surprised. But that’s a shame. I know it is very rare for a new release to get nominated for a CPT. This might have been one I would support. It seems like just yesterday that we played a Syberia 1 CPT. But I just looked, and it was played in 2014. Seven years ago. Time flies.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Jackal - 03 December 2021 12:35 PM

Microids just announced it’s been pushed back to Q1 2022.

This is one game after Syberia 3 I would not rush. I’d give them all the time they need to get this one right. I need to down load the demo and give it a play.

I’ve heard nothing but good about this game so far.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 111

Joined 2006-09-08

PM

Just a quick reminder in case anyone has forgotten, this is the fourth in the series (and I would guess the last as its creator, Benoit Sokal, passed away last year).

It’ll be available on Steam, GOG, etc

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1410640/Syberia_The_World_Before/

https://www.gog.com/en/game/syberia_the_world_before

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

IronGiant909 - 15 March 2022 07:01 AM

Just a quick reminder in case anyone has forgotten, this is the fourth in the series (and I would guess the last as its creator, Benoit Sokal, passed away last year).

It’ll be available on Steam, GOG, etc

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1410640/Syberia_The_World_Before/

https://www.gog.com/en/game/syberia_the_world_before

Thanks for the reminder, I hope it’s epic!

Heart

Joined 2006-09-08

PM

I too hope it’s epic. So far it looks very promising.

Joined 2009-05-12

PM

Do you guys know if it follows after Syberia 3 or is it a stand alone story? I skipped that one because of the bad reviews but now I’ll probably have to watch a let’s play or something if it’s necessary.

Total Posts: 416

Joined 2018-03-07

PM

In the strictest literal sense it does “continue” from the events of Syberia 3. But from what I’ve played in the prologue, seen in trailers, and read in previews the plot is basically standalone. All you really need to know about Syberia 3 is Kate Walker got arrested or her last adventure, she’s is now imprisoned in a salt mine and has Oscar’s mechanical heart. Which you’ll know even from watching a trailer, let alone playing the game.

I’d be surprised if any of the details of the Yukol migration plot bare any significance on The World Before.

Total Posts: 1619

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

Im very interested but my laptop is near the end for newer pc games, might wait for ps4 version

Total Posts: 5034

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

You also might wait to see if reviews say it’s worth the wait. I’m still looking for reviews on sites other than this one, and haven’t found many.

Edit: Metacritic rates it 7/10, but gives no real reason for that rating. Steam has no review or rating. But seeing that the release date is still three days away, perhaps review sites are holding back.

Re Edit: Also checked GOG and GameBoomers. No reviews. Just access to the trailer that everyone else has. I may have missed it on a side-link of the AG preview, but the current price is $40US. That may be a bargain, but, to me, it seems like a fairly stiff price to pay for a game that I know only from hype and a trailer.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 96

Joined 2017-12-26

PM

I pre-ordered the game after having played the prologue. I really enjoyed that demo, and I want to support the developers by pre-ordering.
I cannot wait until the 18th!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top