• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

KeybordzLady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice

Total Posts: 16

Joined 2020-01-24

PM

I have a lot of people talking about this game and telling me that is probably fits the adventure game description because the combat is very in line with the story narrative and is not there simply to have combat. They also say they cannot give me details without spoiling elements of the game. I’m wondering if anyone has played it and what is your opinion of it? Does it fit the genre description used here?

TacoSalad77
Adventures in Gaming
https://twitch.tv/tacosalad77

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

No, it is an action game through and through. It does have puzzles, many action games these days do, but combat is its core element.

A stunning game none the less.

Total Posts: 291

Joined 2018-01-11

PM

Great game.

It is not an adventure game.  Most people don’t know what the definition of an adventure game is so, you learn to just ignore them.

I also had people try to tell me it’s an RPG.  It is not. Genres get blurrier all the time, but this is just an action game with puzzles.

It’s a good action game.

Also it has environmental puzzles where you look for shapes in seemingly random backgrounds.  The first time you have to do that task, it’s fun.  The 12th time, I was sick of it, and I strongly prefer puzzles to action gameplay, but something about these just did not sit right.

The best reason to play is for the sound design.  Wear headphones, have the lights off, and prepare for a really cinematic experience.  If you are easily triggered by depictions of mental illness, then maybe just skip this game altogether.

Total Posts: 1075

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

Potential epilepsymaker.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

It is an extremely good game with a fan base. Highly recommended if you play action games.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top