• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissieDaleIronCretinJdawg445kanaifurtrooneywalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The football (soccer) thread

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Advie - 08 May 2019 08:23 AM
SoccerDude - 07 May 2019 10:28 PM

Liverpool vs Barcelona has to be one of the craziest results I have ever seen. My mind was blown Pan

what a night SD!, they really defined the word Team-Work yesterday.  Heart

Spurs game might have overtaken this one in terms of drama.  Gasp

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

SoccerDude - 08 May 2019 10:43 PM
Advie - 08 May 2019 08:23 AM
SoccerDude - 07 May 2019 10:28 PM

Liverpool vs Barcelona has to be one of the craziest results I have ever seen. My mind was blown Pan

what a night SD!, they really defined the word Team-Work yesterday.  Heart

Spurs game might have overtaken this one in terms of drama.  Gasp

Agreee!!, when you think ‘you have seen it all’ feeling.

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Anyone watching EURO? Whats your predictions for quarter finals?

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

diego - 01 July 2021 05:33 PM

I said before the tournament that the first big opponent Belgium would face would mean our exit. We’ve lasted a round longer than expected. Tongue

We played our best match of the five and were still outclassed by Italy, which look like the top favourites to win the title now.
England’s got the home advantage, though…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

TimovieMan - 04 July 2021 02:25 PM
diego - 01 July 2021 05:33 PM

I said before the tournament that the first big opponent Belgium would face would mean our exit. We’ve lasted a round longer than expected. Tongue

We played our best match of the five and were still outclassed by Italy, which look like the top favourites to win the title now.
England’s got the home advantage, though…

Belgium are so frustrating. They are one of the most talented teams in the world, but they always choke in the big tournaments. This team desperately needs to win a trophy before the golden generation retires.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

SoccerDude - 05 July 2021 04:43 AM

Belgium are so frustrating. They are one of the most talented teams in the world, but they always choke in the big tournaments. This team desperately needs to win a trophy before the golden generation retires.

Our defense is already partly retired and the others are ageing fast.
In terms of midfield and attack, we’ve got some solid younger players coming up through the ranks, but not in defense.

Our big chances were 5 years ago when we humiliated ourselves vs. Wales, and 3 years ago when we were the better side against a cynical France but lost.

Also, we don’t really choke in the big tournaments. In actuality, we never really perform all that great in the regular matches either. We merely shine against vastly inferior opponents. As soon as the opponents are getting close in quality, they ALWAYS give us trouble, big tournament or not.
We’ve never dominated big teams like Italy dominated us now. Not once in this entire generation’s run.

We’ve just been “lucky” to have drawn weaker teams in all qualification rounds, so it appeared that we were better than we really were by getting 30/30. In reality, we’ve only been truly tested on the big tournaments, and we’ve never passed those tests.

We were always better when we didn’t have such talented players. THEN the big teams feared us. Perpetual underdog syndrome?

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top