• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

CharophyceanchrissieKeybordz

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Horror Gaming

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2020-01-05

PM

Hey All,

New to the forum. Older gamer (52) and love playing console and pc games. Love horror gaming with jump scares!

Does anyone have any good recommendations that I possibly might not have played. Considering you don’t know what I have played, any suggestions are welcome.

Some of the games I’ve enjoyed horror related are:
Amnesia, Layers of Fear, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Xombi, Outlast Trilogy, etc…

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Needless to say, I will recommend Death Mark and Simulacra to you, you should enjoy them.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 291

Joined 2018-01-11

PM

Hello killszombies88,  I would like to recommend some horror adventure crossovers!

If you have a DS please try Theresia, Dear Emile, it’s a horror point and click.  The reviews are not super positive, but I think the puzzles are good and make sense, and the atmosphere is quite spooky.  The story gets horrifying so… it’s horror!

I’d also recommend the zero escape series, which is more akin to like the cube series of movies.  There’s a lot of character death, and trying to survive, and some gore.  I think it fits in horror because you are trying to solve puzzles to stay alive while facing a twisted game perpetrated by some…. one/thing?

Lastly on DS there are 2 first person shooter horror games.  Dementium and Dementium II.  The first one is kinda of too hard, but they are good handheld shooters with great atmosphere.  The second one allows you to hold a weapon and light at the same time!  haha

If you like Silent hill, please play the shattered memories silent hill also!  I think it’s my favorite one.  It’s on wii and psp.  I personally like the wii version best.  The motion controls actually work well, you can point the flashlight by pointing the wii remote, and the game asks psychological profile questions to decide which events, scares, and texts and voice mails you will get.  I almost cried playing this one because some of the events will freak you out based on how you respond.

Probably the most famous adventure-horror cross over would be the clock tower series.  While the original is probably the best, I also really like Clock tower 3 on ps2.  There is very little fighting.  Mostly you have to solve puzzles and set traps and hide while being stalked by the level boss.  You can throw holy water on them, and then when you’ve solved all the puzzles, you have to fight the boss with this terrible bow and arrow mechanic.  STill love it though. 

Try RPG-horror cross over Koudelka on ps1, or even psychic-horror game Galerians (the sequel is terrible, don’t play galerians 2)

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

If you have a DS please try Theresia, Dear Emile, it’s a horror point and click.  The reviews are not super positive, but I think the puzzles are good and make sense, and the atmosphere is quite spooky.  The story gets horrifying so… it’s horror!

I’d also recommend the zero escape series, which is more akin to like the cube series of movies.  There’s a lot of character death, and trying to survive, and some gore.  I think it fits in horror because you are trying to solve puzzles to stay alive while facing a twisted game perpetrated by some…. one/thing?

I loved that game in the day. One of the very best on the system. Very scary and creepy at the same time.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top