• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoJdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

PC Games 30fps vs Console 30fps

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

I have a question and it has been driving me crazy.

Some 30fps PC games that run at 30fps feel very choppy, whereas most 360/PS3 games and even some PS4/XOne games run at 30fps and they look much smoother. I am wondering why is that the case. Anyone have an idea? And please let’s not go into the silliness of “because console is better than PC”.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Could be a number of reasons.

* Distance to screen. PC monitors tend to be closer than your TV.
* Mouse controls are more sensitive, controller movement is smoother.
* Games on Consoles are designed to a set hardware standard. PC has to take into account a variety of builds.
* Response times on monitors tend to be faster than a TV which means more blur.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Yes ,input latency has to do with controller and monitor and how the platform interacts with it
Thats why you can get various benchmarks on PC but on console its much more narrowed to one platform still many TVs can give different input lag on even consoles

It can be other factors like programming for e.g Prey give different input latency on XBO and PS4 irrespective of framerate

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

It’s not the controls because I typically use an xbox 360 controller. The stuttering is also in the cutscenes. Is there a problem that my monitor does 60 Hz and the game outputs at 30 FPS?

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

SoccerDude28 - 23 June 2017 05:28 PM

It’s not the controls because I typically use an xbox 360 controller. The stuttering is also in the cutscenes. Is there a problem that my monitor does 60 Hz and the game outputs at 30 FPS?

Stuttering in cutscenes is usually a result of bug,glitch, drivers, bad reading from storage and bad port optimization etc

But yeah like any other PC scenario , which i use to do in 90s and mid 2000
Try different setups, like same rig on different monitor and change to PS4 controller etc
the fatigue and time consuming made me console lover

More

http://www.avadirect.com/blog/frame-rate-fps-vs-hz-refresh-rate/

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

nomadsoul - 23 June 2017 06:18 PM

the fatigue and time consuming made me console lover

More

http://www.avadirect.com/blog/frame-rate-fps-vs-hz-refresh-rate/

I know what you mean. PC gaming can be a real pain, and I tend to game on consoles more these days.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

SoccerDude28 - 24 June 2017 01:57 AM

I know what you mean. PC gaming can be a real pain, and I tend to game on consoles more these days

You know i sometimes dont even bother to download day1 patches before starting a game
Sometimes every time i boot up there is a new patch
I will play Doom again now that i have all patches done , thanks to idtech mounting up to 10+gb

Makes me think how in ps2 days everything was pretty normal on physical rel

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

nomadsoul - 24 June 2017 02:08 AM

You know i sometimes dont even bother to download day1 patches before starting a game
Sometimes every time i boot up there is a new patch
I will play Doom again now that i have all patches done , thanks to idtech mounting up to 10+gb

Makes me think how in ps2 days everything was pretty normal on physical rel

I went ahead and bought an 8 TB external hard drive for the PS4, because it was getting ridiculous. Thank god they added that feature. Uncharted 4 takes 60+ Gigabytes of space, and I have the disk. Doom takes 47 Gigs with a disk.

Here is a list of all the PS4 install sizes:
https://www.finder.com/complete-list-playstation-4-install-sizes-460-titles

XBOX One is not any better:
https://www.finder.com/xbox-one-install-sizes

Gears 4 takes a whooping 116 Gigabytes

I miss the days of the PS2, when you just put in a disk and played. Remember when they added a hard drive for that, and like only one game supported it Smile

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

SoccerDude28 - 24 June 2017 04:43 PM

I miss the days of the PS2, when you just put in a disk and played. Remember when they added a hard drive for that, and like only one game supported it Smile

I used it for RE outbreak games, decreased loading times alot, i think FF11 also supported it

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top