• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

CaliMonkJdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

What game are you playing right now?

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Thanks, chrissie.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I am playing Book of Unwritten Tales 2. It is pretty good, sometimes funny.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I’ve started playing Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc, and it’s very WTF?

It’s even more effed up than 999: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors… Tongue
Very slow to start, though…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2019-03-26

PM

I just finished the whole Blackwell series, damn that was good! Great writing, and really entertaining game! I just love Wadjet Eye games! Smile

Now I’m playing Trüberbrook. I looked forward to it, but damn that’s.. not very good. Would definietly not recommend it to anyone! Between the bugs, the sloppy writing/voice acting, and the lack of inventory interaction, all it’s really got going for itself are the visuals!

When I finish Trüberbrook, I’m going to play Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis! I haven’t played it since it came out back in the day, so I don’t remember much and it’ll probably feel pretty fresh! Smile

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Currently playing The Infectious Madness of Doctor Dekker, and I’m very, very, very close to giving up. It’s an FMV game where you play as a psychiatrist talking to patients who believe they have supernatural powers, while also investigating the murder of your predecessor (who was probably killed by one of the patients).

That might sound fun, and it definitely was for a few hours, but now I just hate the whole thing. The parser that you use to ask questions is just awful; you’re constantly fighting with it to get the game to acknowledge what you’re asking. You might say that’s similar to Her Story, but in that game, the conceit was that you were retrieving data from an outdated computer, so the limitations felt organic. Here, you’re supposed to be having conversations with actual people, but the parser constantly gets in the way.

Another difference is that Her Story was a 3-hour thing. This drags on for much longer. The writing and acting are very good, but there’s simply not enough story to sustain so many hours, especially when the gameplay is so repetitive—you’re literally just sitting in the same room, using the parser to talk to the same people, for the entirety of the game. Everything moves at a glacial pace and I’m tired of it all. The game says I’m 80% done, so I’m close to the end, but the last time I booted it up, I saw the list of patients, and the thought of spending another two hours talking about the same things with those same 5 people just made me quit instantly.

Maybe I’ll find the determination to power through it and reach the ending, but I’m not optimistic.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

That’s why God invented walkthroughs: so you can bulldoze through to the end when you’re close to it but have otherwise grown tired of the gameplay. Tongue

For other genres: replace “walkthroughs” with “cheat codes”. Grin

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

TimovieMan - 27 March 2019 09:49 AM

That’s why God invented walkthroughs: so you can bulldoze through to the end when you’re close to it but have otherwise grown tired of the gameplay. Tongue

The game already has a (very spoilery) hint system. It won’t change the fact that finishing the game means sitting through two more hours of videos that I don’t want to watch. (I could skip those, but then why am I even playing?)

Total Posts: 67

Joined 2018-01-10

PM

TimovieMan - 27 March 2019 09:49 AM

For other genres: replace “walkthroughs” with “cheat codes”. Grin

I don’t think God invented walkthroughs. I think that was that other guy, with the horns and pointy tail.

Naughty

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Kurufinwe - 27 March 2019 10:55 AM

The game already has a (very spoilery) hint system. It won’t change the fact that finishing the game means sitting through two more hours of videos that I don’t want to watch. (I could skip those, but then why am I even playing?)

But at least you wouldn’t be struggling with the parser any more. Wink

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Grue22 - 27 March 2019 10:58 AM

I don’t think God invented walkthroughs. I think that was that other guy, with the horns and pointy tail.

Naughty

Heh… if you haven’t met the devil in Pony Island yet you should. He’ll walk you through the island. Innocent
Currently playing it and having a great time. Not sure why it isn’t mentioned anywhere here at AG.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I’m playing Dracula 3: Path of the Dragon.  Other than some tedious to-ing and fro-ing with cut scenes that can’t be skipped, I’m liking the game, especially the library puzzle with all its layers.  There’s also a nice sense of dread building as the game goes on, so I’m anxious to see where it takes Father Arno.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 49

Joined 2011-03-04

PM

I’m currently playing SOMA.

Very good. Even with safe mode on i´m shitting bricks.

Total Posts: 1239

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Lady Kestrel - 02 April 2019 12:17 PM

I’m playing Dracula 3: Path of the Dragon.  Other than some tedious to-ing and fro-ing with cut scenes that can’t be skipped, I’m liking the game, especially the library puzzle with all its layers.  There’s also a nice sense of dread building as the game goes on, so I’m anxious to see where it takes Father Arno.

The final puzzle is really great.

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 2063

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

And the whole game too, very underrated. I never had a chance to play the first two games (not so good from what I heard), but this one by Kheops is very engrossing and intelligent.

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I played both Dracula: Resurrection and Dracula: The Last Sanctuary and liked them both quite a bit.  Resurrection was the easier and shorter of the two but still had some good puzzles.  The Last Sanctuary had several timed puzzles that resulted in death for Harker, but I saved often and managed to get through most of them without a walkthrough. There was one with six chains that had to be pulled in the correct order that had no clue that I could find within the game.  With so many possible combinations, I did get help on that one.  Otherwise, I had fun with both games and even replayed them on occasion.

Carpe chocolate.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top