• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissie

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

What game have you just finished?

Total Posts: 419

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

Sherlock Holmes: The Devil’s Daughter

This was a great game. Even though it might not rise above Crimes and Punishments as a whole, the deduction gameplay was in some ways better here since it was slightly more difficult to figure out the culprit.

The added puzzles and mini games were fun and always felt connected to the story. Exactly how fun each was on its own varied greatly as always. Most puzzles were good and the mini games that relied more on wits were the best ones.

I especially enjoyed the mayan case with its Indiana Jones parts and the gear puzzle. The traffic accident was also fun. I spent quite a lot of time on the star sign puzzle before solving it.

This was the first game I played on my new PS4.
*raises a brofist for nomadsoul*

NP: A Link Between Worlds, Beneath a Steel Sky and Vampyr

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

I didn’t mind The Devil’s Daughter at all. Not as good as Crimes and Punishments, but still a decent way to pass the time.

Darkside Detective has been the best thing I’ve played over the last couple of months. Very witty dialogue and terrific characters.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

I just finished Shardlight, which is, I think, the best game Wadjet Eye has published. It has a pretty good story, with some caveats, good puzzles and overall the voice acting is great for a small budget indie title it is.

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

The Darkside Detective
This is one of the funniest games I have played in a while. The humor is way up there with the best of Lucas Arts, and although it is short and easy, it is so much fun, and you feel very attached to the characters. I am pleasantly surprised how good this game is. Highly recommended.

9/10

Total Posts: 415

Joined 2007-12-29

PM

SoccerDude, is the Darkside Detective a talkie? I don’t want to download a demo if it doesn’t have voice. But, it seems that a lot of people enjoy this game.

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

mbday630 - 04 August 2017 08:43 PM

SoccerDude, is the Darkside Detective a talkie? I don’t want to download a demo if it doesn’t have voice. But, it seems that a lot of people enjoy this game.

It is not a talkie.

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I finally managed to finish The Raven: Legacy of a Master Thief after starting it a few years ago & having to replay through the 1st part.
I would agree that the 2nd in particular & the 3rd chapters weren’t as strong as the 1st but I really liked the game despite it being glitchy in places.
I thought the voice-acting was excellent & the game played through different viewpoints was interesting enough to me to override the slight tedium of revisiting the same locations.
Am I the only one that loved the ending? - I thought it was a great twist!  Smile

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

chrissie - 05 August 2017 08:54 AM

Am I the only one that loved the ending? - I thought it was a great twist!  Smile

How could anyone not love it? I never saw it coming Laughing

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

Oscar - 03 August 2017 05:46 AM

Darkside Detective has been the best thing I’ve played over the last couple of months. Very witty dialogue and terrific characters.

SoccerDude28 - 04 August 2017 06:13 PM

The Darkside Detective
This is one of the funniest games I have played in a while. The humor is way up there with the best of Lucas Arts, and although it is short and easy, it is so much fun, and you feel very attached to the characters. I am pleasantly surprised how good this game is. Highly recommended.

9/10

It’s that good? I don’t consider graphical “qualities” to be most important to a game but those graphics makes my eyes bleed. With praises like these I still have to put it on my playlist.  Tongue

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Henke - 09 August 2017 01:10 AM

It’s that good? I don’t consider graphical “qualities” to be most important to a game but those graphics makes my eyes bleed

There is this atari level pixel art, then there are 8bit and 16bit levels
Its a notch above atari level and that hurts presentation alot

GreyFuss - 23 July 2017 06:59 PM

Just finished Aporia: Beyond the Valley, fantastic, highly recommended for the First Person Exploration lovers.

Is that Nordic game right, right on my list of must play

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

nomadsoul - 09 August 2017 02:56 AM

It’s that good? I don’t consider graphical “qualities” to be most important to a game but those graphics makes my eyes bleed

There is this atari level pixel art, then there are 8bit and 16bit levels
Its a notch above atari level and that hurts presentation alot

I actually think it do look like Atari 2600 games (which is 8 bit) or EGA graphics (PC). Why anyone think it’s a good idea to make a game that looks like that now is beyond me but if the game is good I guess it doesn’t matter.  Wink

Total Posts: 84

Joined 2014-07-12

PM

Oscar - 03 August 2017 05:46 AM

SoccerDude28 - 04 August 2017 06:13 PM

The Darkside Detective

9/10

It’s that good? I don’t consider graphical “qualities” to be most important to a game but those graphics makes my eyes bleed. With praises like these I still have to put it on my playlist.  Tongue

Don’t understand the praises for the game. Played it, finished it, and that is about it. Did not find it funny, the story is very basic. I mean i hate to say this because it is an indie game that some people did put their time in it, but I ended playing the game just to finish it. Also I think it is really going to far comparing the humor from this game with the one from the Lucas’s games.

Total Posts: 294

Joined 2017-01-12

PM

El Manny - 09 August 2017 01:11 PM

Also I think it is really going to far comparing the humor from this game with the one from the Lucas’s games.

I agree, Darkside Detective is funnier. Not to say I dislike Lucasarts humor, but it is too childish for my appreciation anymore.

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Well to be fair, the Atari games had 128 colors where as this game’s color pallete is way more richer, and there are some shader effects in the game that were not doable in the Atari days Tongue Still I know what you mean. I really prefer my games to be high end graphically, but graphics is only part of the equation. One of the most critically acclaimed indie games on the PC looks like this

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Thimbleweed Park

Finally got round to completing it. Took about 13hours on hard mode.

Great game that really rubbed the nostalgia bone.

4.5/5

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top