• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

[Archived] Time for a new community playthrough?

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

The Silent Age
The Journey Down
Dreamfall TLJ (2006)

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

I’ve resisted the temptation to look at the Blackenrock preview thing so far as I want to play the whole game together whenever/should ever it see the light of day.

But it has got me right back up for some Saxton time so I will nominate and offer to lead The Lost Crown

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Total Posts: 5553

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

The Silent Age (3) - Mikekelly (leader), Lady Kestrel, Advie

Dreamfall: The Longest Journey (2006) (2) - Advie, Celebreon
The Journey Down, Ep. 1-3 (2) - Doom, Advie

3 Skulls of the Toltecs (1) - Vehelon
The Lost Crown (1) - Intense Degree (leader)

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 291

Joined 2018-01-11

PM

I would like to vote for dreamfall please.  I like the series, but I just could not power through some of the parts that drag a bit.  I’m hoping with a little help from my friends, I can actually finish some TLJ games!

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I added your vote to my previous post, Celebreon.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 421

Joined 2007-08-13

PM

Dreamfall: The Longest Journey

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Dreamfall: The Longest Journey (2006) (3) - Advie, Celebreon, Pegbiter
The Silent Age (3) - Mikekelly (leader), Lady Kestrel, Advie

The Journey Down, Ep. 1-3 (2) - Doom, Advie

3 Skulls of the Toltecs (1) - Vehelon
The Lost Crown (1) - Intense Degree (leader)

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 5030

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Gack! Dreamfall. Two weeks from now will be around the end of June. If this game wins we will not be playing another game until the end of December. Not a bad thing if that’s what you want.

As an alternative I will nominate, again, Lighthouse. I’m not saying I will lead it. Nor am I saying I won’t. But, as before, If someone other than me wants to lead the game, but is afraid of doing so, I have a linear walkthrough I will share, as well as offering assistance whenever needed.

I have been holding off contributing this walkthrough to Ivo’s collection. I have donated the Black Dahlia walkthrough since the chance of playing it as a AGCPT is almost zero.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 1231

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

I vote for Lighthouse. There we go again!

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 310

Joined 2018-12-01

PM

rtrooney - 04 June 2020 10:14 PM

Gack! Dreamfall. Two weeks from now will be around the end of June. If this game wins we will not be playing another game until the end of December. Not a bad thing if that’s what you want.

I didn’t think Dreamfall was that long. Howlongtobeat puts it at 10-17 hours for the main story.

Now, Dreamfall Chapters and TLJ… those are a different story.

My complaint against Dreamfall would be more that it’s probably the worst adventure game sequel I’ve ever played.

Joined 2018-01-11

PM

My completion times tends to fall between 150% and 200% of what any other source says. But if how long to beat is correct, then it’s still a dozen or more hours shorter than TLJ

It’s kind of confusing because non of the TLJ games have easy to understand titles.

I have weird affinity for this game because the developer FUNCOM made my favorite MMORPG of all time, Anarchy Online, and for the time, I thought the original TLJ was just amazing, but back then I was more quick to get out a walkthrough. 

I think if I went back to TLJ 1, I would probably get stuck and frustrated,

The puzzles in dreamfall are a lot more straightforward, so even though I’m not sure the total length of Dreamfall as a game, I tended to not get stuck at the early parts, whereas TLJ 1 is just brutal in puzzle difficulty.  Reminds me of Discworld T_T

Trust me, I remember the action sequences in Dreamfall… I can’t ever forget.

I think there’s a sequel to dreamfall now.

And Doom pointed out that we just played a very casual, short game on CPT, so maybe longer, grander adventure would be nice.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

i withdraw my vote for The Silent Age, its a magnificent AG, no doubt about it, i had it as my signature back then “go play The Silent Age”, but it is kinda casual and short too, an does not fit to be nominated here. IMO

Total Posts: 330

Joined 2017-08-15

PM

Celebreon - 05 June 2020 05:40 AM

The puzzles in dreamfall are a lot more straightforward,

What puzzles Sarcastic

Lost Eden nearly won last time so let’s see if anyone wants to spend their midsummer (or midwinter) with talking dinosaurs.

Member of the NAALCB - (North American Anti- Lobster Cop Brigade) since 2019.

Joined 2018-01-11

PM

I would like to vote for Lost Eden as well, That was originally what I wanted to play, but I did not feel right nominating it without the skills to lead said nomination.

In graphical style, it reminds me of a super strange game I tried the other day called “Dragon Lore”

It was actually a lot of fun.  I mean I got stuck after the first hour, but it was an original little game for the time.  It kind of looks like a sega saturn game.  Although it would be one of the best games on the saturn.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I actually think The Silent Age is perfect for a CPT, it is divided into 10 chapters and is fairly linear. I also found the puzzles fun to solve with the time change effect. The game took me about 8 hours to complete, a little less than hour a chapter.

It is highly reviewed:

Our Verdict: 4 Stars
The Silent Age is a quietly enthralling, time-twisting tale that leaves you wanting more.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top