• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Keybordz

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

[Archived] Time for a new community playthrough?

Total Posts: 5553

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I’ve removed your name, SoccerDude. 

Keepsake (5) - Diego, Walas74, Vehelon, Donuts McGee, Advie
Tormentum: Dark Sorrow (5) - Lady Kestrel (leader), Crabapple, Chrissie, Celebreon, Doom

Oknytt (4) - Karlok, Crabapple, Millenia, Doom

Lighthouse: The Dark Being (3) - Walas74, Rtrooney, Doom
Little Misfortune (3) - MikeKelly (leader), Chrissie, Lady Kestrel
Lost Eden (3) - Vehelon, Celebreon, Donuts McGee

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I looked at my calendar wrong when I posted the date for the end of voting.  It should have said Sat., May 16, which is today.  Since SoccerDude had to drop out, two games are currently tied for first place.  I’ll wait until midnight Greenwich Mean Time - just under 6 hours from now - to see if any more nominations or votes come in.  If there’s still a tie by then, we’ll have to vote to break it.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 5804

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I know it’s a strange thing to suggest but as both games tying have completely different member votes a tie-breaker probably won’t work so why not declare both games as winners?
Is there any reason why two playthroughs can’t run side-by-side?

BUT - Keepsake doesn’t actually have a leader & it shouldn’t lose because of that…. apparently - okay .....please proceed….      Smile

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I think the idea was to give everyone who might be interested in a playthrough of either of the tied game, including people who voted for other games in the list, a chance to vote again.  If there’s still a deadlock after 4-5 days, then both games can be played at the same time.

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Okay.  It seems we do have a tie between two playthrough contenders, Keepsake and Tormentum.  This is the current breakdown:
Keepsake (5) - Diego, Walas74, Vehelon, Donuts McGee, Advie
Tormentum: Dark Sorrow (5) - Lady Kestrel (leader), Crabapple, Chrissie, Celebreon, Doom

If you haven’t voted for either of these games but are still interested in participating in a CP, you have until this coming Wednesday, May 20 to vote for one of them.  If you want to change your vote, you may do that as well during this time, but otherwise I’ll assume your original vote stands.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 310

Joined 2018-12-01

PM

I will need to pull out of Keepsake. I just don’t think I have the time right now and was a bit hasty in voting for it.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Keepsake (4) - Diego, Walas74, Donuts McGee, Advie

Vehelon has given us a tie breaker, but I hesitate to call Tormentum the winner until other voters have had a chance to weigh in.  If I don’t hear from anyone else within the next 24 hours, I’ll call it.

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Okay.  It seems that Tormentum is the winner of this voting round.  I’ll have the playthrough thread ready to go as soon as possible.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I would like to nominate ‘The Silent Age” with Mikekelly leader. It’s got a great story, has won multiple awards and is the perfect game for a CPT.

Being a small indie game, developer being involved with the CPT could happen.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

That’s one I’ve been planning to play after I finish Unforseen Incidents, MK, so I’ll vote for it.

The Silent Age (2) - Mikekelly (leader), Lady Kestrel

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 310

Joined 2018-12-01

PM

One of the classic games I never got around to playing is Fenimore Fillmore: 3 Skulls of the Toltecs. I see it’s now been remastered and is cheap on GOG. Anyone else interested?

Total Posts: 291

Joined 2018-01-11

PM

I was thinking about nominating one of the games from the last round either lost eden or keepsake, but I don’t want to nominate a game I’ve never played and couldn’t lead

After playing with Lady K as the CPT facilitator, it was easy to know where to stop playing, and report back here to the CPT.

I don’t think I would be able to lead if I can’t tell you how far to play.  Level 1?  like IDK.

Basically, I’m ready to vote and participate, but I don’t really want to nominate or lead a game yet.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

The games that were nominated last time are Keepsake, Oknytt, Lighthouse: The Dark Being, Little Misfortune, and Lost Eden.

3 Skulls of the Toltecs (1) - Vehelon

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 2056

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

The Silent Age reviews say it is a short and casual adventure, not the best choice after Tormentum. I also tried 3 Skulls not long ago which is a good game that slowly turns into a horrible mess - I don’t know how to explain it better, but I doubt it would be an enjoyable experience as a community playthrough.

So I nominate The Journey Down episodes 1-3.

PC means personal computer

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

The Journey Down, Ep. 1-3 (1) - Doom
3 Skulls of the Toltecs (1) - Vehelon

Carpe chocolate.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top