• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

[Archived] Time for a new community playthrough?

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

crabapple - 06 May 2020 12:17 AM

I’d nominate Oknytt again, but I remember the graphics were so dark I had to play it during the night in order to see anything, and that probably makes it non-ideal for a CPT.

One vote for Oknytt. It’s a great little game and I love playing games at night with my headphones on by the light of one desk lamp.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

crabapple - 06 May 2020 08:39 PM
chrissie - 06 May 2020 03:21 AM

I’d nominate Oknytt again, but I remember the graphics were so dark I had to play it during the night in order to see anything, and that probably makes it non-ideal for a CPT.

Did you try lightening the graphics by increasing the gamma in ‘Options’?

Tried that and it looked hideous.
Much better to play the game at night with the lights out.

Sorry crabapple, but if you have to resort to playing the game in the dark/night then your system is surely presenting the game wrongly which is surely why there is an option to rectify this. Can’t you consider just the one notch up on the gamma to be able to play this game during the day too?
It’s a lovely game but your take on the ‘dark’ graphics can potentially put a lot of other players off needlessly - not everyone wants to play a game at night and/or with the lights off. 

While I’m here I’ll cast a vote for Tormentum.  Smile

Total Posts: 291

Joined 2018-01-11

PM

chrissie - 07 May 2020 09:03 AM
crabapple - 06 May 2020 08:39 PM
chrissie - 06 May 2020 03:21 AM

Did you try lightening the graphics by increasing the gamma in ‘Options’?

Tried that and it looked hideous.
Much better to play the game at night with the lights out.

Sorry crabapple, but if you have to resort to playing the game in the dark/night then your system is surely presenting the game wrongly which is surely why there is an option to rectify this. Can’t you consider just the one notch up on the gamma to be able to play this game during the day too?
It’s a lovely game but your take on the ‘dark’ graphics can potentially put a lot of other players off needlessly - not everyone wants to play a game at night and/or with the lights off. 

While I’m here I’ll cast a vote for Tormentum.  Smile

I’m not a computer-tech genius guy, but also sometimes it depends on your monitor.  For example some retro games appear incredibly dark on modern monitors/TV, but looks just find on a CRT, or retro flat screen.

May be try a different monitor or playing with the graphics rendering mode?

I did a quick search of all the games nominated.  I have never played any of them, and they all look pretty cool.  I don’t think I have a preference. Tormentum probably looks the coolest.

Total Posts: 310

Joined 2018-12-01

PM

Celebreon - 07 May 2020 09:47 AM

Tormentum probably looks the coolest.

What?! You have a choice between a game featuring goofy ghosts and one with actual talking dinosaurs. It’s not even a contest.

You’re obviously not thinking clearly. I would be going to see a doctor as soon as possible if I were you… it sounds serious. Well, unless of course you reconsider and vote for Lost Eden instead.  Content

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I’m not a computer-tech genius guy, but also sometimes it depends on your monitor.  For example some retro games appear incredibly dark on modern monitors/TV, but looks just find on a CRT, or retro flat screen.

Pan Celebreon please pay attention - there’s a facility within the game to lighten (or darken) the graphics.  Smile

Joined 2018-01-11

PM

Vehelon - 07 May 2020 11:23 AM

Tormentum probably looks the coolest.

What?! You have a choice between a game featuring goofy ghosts and one with actual talking dinosaurs. It’s not even a contest.

You’re obviously not thinking clearly. I would be going to see a doctor as soon as possible if I were you… it sounds serious. Well, unless of course you reconsider and vote for Lost Eden instead.  Content

I did consider that at first just because I wanted you to like me, but I don’t understand how you can vote for one game, and nominate another?

Like I know y’all have already had this discussion and all, but if you nominate something, do you still get to vote for something else?  DO I get one votes?  Unlimited votes?  I can vote for multiple things?

I do really like dinosaurs.

Ghosts are kind of meh.

Can I vote for the dinosaurs and the torment?

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Celebreon - 07 May 2020 12:11 PM

Like I know y’all have already had this discussion and all, but if you nominate something, do you still get to vote for something else?  DO I get one votes?  Unlimited votes?  I can vote for multiple things?

I do really like dinosaurs.

Ghosts are kind of meh.

Can I vote for the dinosaurs and the torment?

You can nominate as many games as you like & also vote for as many games as you like Celebreon.  Smile

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

As Chrissie said, Celebreon, you can vote for any games you want to play.   

Tormentum: Dark Sorrow (5) - Lady Kestrel (leader), Crabapple, SoccerDude, Chrissie, Celebreon

Keepsake (3) - Diego, Walas74, Vehelon
Little Misfortune (3) - MikeKelly (leader), Chrissie, Lady Kestrel

Lost Eden (2) - Vehelon, SoccerDude

Lighthouse: The Dark Being (1) - SoccerDude
Oknytt (1) - Karlok

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 930

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

As long as there’s someone else wants to play Oknytt, I’ll add my name to it.
I don’t expect it to win, considering it had zero votes other than myself last time, but who knows.

The problem isn’t just making the picture brighter, either with the games gamma settings or the monitor brightness. It’s that the picture washes out and looks bad if I turn up brightness/gamma, even before details of the screen are visible. It’s just better to play the game at night and have the game’s graphics look right.

I don’t mind playing at night. I actually think it’s the best way to play—no lawn mowers or other landscaping equipment noise going on in the background, and people tend to leave me alone at night.

Total Posts: 1239

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

I vote for Lighthouse too.

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Joined 2018-01-11

PM

Add me for Lost Eden also please and thanks

Total Posts: 5035

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I’ll vote for Lighthouse as well. I’m interested in seeing what happens if a leaderless game wins. All offers to help a leader, should one volunteer, still stand.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Tormentum: Dark Sorrow (5) - Lady Kestrel (leader), Crabapple, SoccerDude, Chrissie, Celebreon

Keepsake (3) - Diego, Walas74, Vehelon
Lighthouse: The Dark Being (3) - SoccerDude, Walas74, Rtrooney
Little Misfortune (3) - MikeKelly (leader), Chrissie, Lady Kestrel
Lost Eden (3) - Vehelon, SoccerDude, Celebreon

Oknytt (2) - Karlok, Crabapple

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

I’ll vote for Oknytt.

Was there a list of somewhat recent playthroughs? I’ve been away for a while and wouldn’t really want to nominate games that have been played in the recent couple of years.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 460

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

millenia - 08 May 2020 04:33 PM

Was there a list of somewhat recent playthroughs?

Full list.

Now Playing: Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, Baldur’s Gate 3, Alan Wake Remastered, Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
Recently Completed: Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy, Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth, Silent Hill: The Short Message, Under the Waves, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, Control: Ultimate Edition
Anticipating: Beyond Good and Evil 2
Backing: Asylum

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top