• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Monday 1 August

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

Goat Herd and the Gods

A lovely little game this week in the shape of Goat Herd and the Gods.

You play as Atl, a humble Aztec goat herder and as the action begins in the fast paced world of ancient goat herding Atl is working hard (asleep under a tree) when he is awoken by the terrified baaaaaahs of his herd as the legendary El Chupacabra beast is stealing them away to eat.

Can Atl, the habitual coward rescue his herd before El Chupacabra finishes his marinade and eats them? Surely such a task would need divine intervention…

As can hopefully be seen from the screenshot above, (it blurred a little in the re-sizing) the game looks great and the animations match the quality of the artwork. Hi-res awesomeness indeed and not a pixel in sight! Wink

The game is reasonably short and the puzzles lean a little towards the easy side (although it’s not a cakewalk by any means) but it is hugely enjoyable and lots of fun.

It is of course a comedy and for the most part is pleasantly amusing. There is some slight fourth wall nudging as the player character interacts with the narrator which I like in principal, but there is a little bit too much of it which grates just slightly enough to be a problem. Or at least it did with me.

All in all, this is a lovely game with an appropriate and good quality soundtrack. If only there were voice acting too this would be an absolute Gem.

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I’m intrigued by your description Intense Degree as I remember posting a screenshot from it in “Adventure game scene… uh, game (continued)” as a jest not knowing anything about it!  Smile

Total Posts: 681

Joined 2015-02-06

PM

chrissie - 02 August 2016 01:24 PM

I’m intrigued by your description Intense Degree as I remember posting a screenshot from it in “Adventure game scene… uh, game (continued)” as a jest not knowing anything about it!  Smile

I believe I was the one that guessed that screenshot Smile I remember Zobraks thinking I made the name up lol. A very fun and pretty game though! You should give a go chrissie!

This message will self destruct in 3… 2… 1… BOOM!!!

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

It is definitely worth a look and in fact there is a trailer available on youtube to further whet your appetite

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Sir Beardalot - 02 August 2016 10:04 PM

I believe I was the one that guessed that screenshot Smile I remember Zobraks thinking I made the name up lol. A very fun and pretty game though! You should give a go chrissie!

Intense Degree - 03 August 2016 04:33 AM

It is definitely worth a look and in fact there is a trailer available on youtube to further whet your appetite

I’ve got a vague memory of acquiring the screenshot from that YT footage IT but you’ve both convinced me I should play the game!  Laughing

Total Posts: 4254

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

I believe I was the one that guessed that screenshot

It was you for sure.

I remember Zobraks thinking I made the name up lol.

I still think the same.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

zobraks - 03 August 2016 04:21 PM

I remember Zobraks thinking I made the name up lol.

I still think the same.

So you have to play it too zobraks just to prove the name’s not made up!  Laughing

Total Posts: 4254

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

In that case I believe it’s a genuine title.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Those are some nice cartoony graphics!

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

Absolutely, who says AGS is only about teh pixles!? Wink

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top