• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Saint Kotar

Total Posts: 113

Joined 2016-06-14

PM

We are thrilled to announce that Happy Anderson, the talented American actor who has worked in film, television and on and off Broadway, has joined Saint Kotar as a voice actor!

Anderson caught our eyes with his outstanding performance as the serial killer Jerry Brudos in the critically acclaimed Netflix’s show Mindhunter. He also played, among others, in the movies Bright and Bird Box, in Cinemax’s show The Knick, and as a voice actor in video games Max Payne 3, Grand Theft Auto V and Red Dead Redemption 2.

In Saint Kotar: The Yellow Mask, the free prologue of the full game Saint Kotar scheduled to release on June 18, Anderson takes the role of Davor, the owner of the tavern ‘Gorski’.

https://www.redmartyr.com - Red Martyr Entertainment is a narratively focused game development studio located at the south end of the magical Istrian peninsula, Croatia. We’re on a quest to deliver fun and memorable games with choices that matter.

Joined 2016-06-14

PM

Good news everyone,

your wishes have been granted – we’ve added Polish and Turkish localization for Saint Kotar: The Yellow Mask! Along with English text and voices, now we have German, Russian, Polish and Turkish localization set for the release. The Italian and Brazilian Portuguese are also in the queue and hopefully will be ready for launch as well.

As you already know, Saint Kotar: The Yellow Mask is going to be released June 18, along with the Kickstarter campaign, so there’s still time to wishlist and follow the campaign!

https://www.redmartyr.com - Red Martyr Entertainment is a narratively focused game development studio located at the south end of the magical Istrian peninsula, Croatia. We’re on a quest to deliver fun and memorable games with choices that matter.

Joined 2016-06-14

PM

Only 5 days left until the Saint Kotar’s free prologue release and Kickstarter campaign launch! It’s also the last Saturday before these two important events so let’s celebrate it with a set of new screenshots.

Kickstarter pre-launch page: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/redmartyr/saint-kotar

Prologue wishlist: https://store.steampowered.com/app/868770/Saint_Kotar_The_Yellow_Mask/

Joined 2016-06-14

PM

Sneak peek at the gameplay and voice acting of Saint Kotar: The Yellow Mask.

Total Posts: 1619

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

Red Martyr Entertainment - 14 June 2020 02:21 PM

Not a fan at all of the voice acting, sounds very robotic. Dont want to keep being negative about this game, so this will be my last post. I do wish you luck

Total Posts: 1353

Joined 2017-09-18

PM

Jdawg445 - 14 June 2020 11:17 PM

Not a fan at all of the voice acting, sounds very robotic. Dont want to keep being negative about this game, so this will be my last post. I do wish you luck

I agree there’s a problem, though I would put it down to the writing. No one says “given the situation, you just might need it” when picking up an axe.

It’s not a new problem. I’ve mentioned plenty of times before the need to get professional, native translators if the script isn’t in your first language. If developers want to kill their game by ignoring this, that’s their business.

If people want to pick up the game because it looks pretty (and it really does), that’s fine. I’m going to pass. Good luck with the sales guys.

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

Luhr28 - 15 June 2020 04:11 AM
Jdawg445 - 14 June 2020 11:17 PM

I agree there’s a problem, though I would put it down to the writing. No one says “given the situation, you just might need it” when picking up an axe.

It’s not a new problem. I’ve mentioned plenty of times before the need to get professional, native translators if the script isn’t in your first language. If developers want to kill their game by ignoring this, that’s their business.

If people want to pick up the game because it looks pretty (and it really does), that’s fine. I’m going to pass. Good luck with the sales guys.

Its not just the script, the va sounds like Google text to speech translation. Its obvious there is a lot of love that was poured into this game, but nothing is connecting, at least for me.

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Wow, what a lot of criticism has been generated from a 50 second trailer without anyone really knowing the context of the situation.

If I was about to go out & chop wood I might say to myself when about to take an axe (because the guy is obviously talking to himself/thinking aloud) “given the situation, you might just need it” - there’s nothing wrong with the sentence.
The guy talking to himself would also explain the ‘robotic’ va as he’s very obviously reciting (from memory?) a letter.

I fail to understand how anyone can judge anything from a 50 second clip!

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

chrissie - 15 June 2020 11:53 AM

Wow, what a lot of criticism has been generated from a 50 second trailer without anyone really knowing the context of the situation.

If I was about to go out & chop wood I might say to myself when about to take an axe (because the guy is obviously talking to himself) “given the situation, you might just need it” - there’s nothing wrong with the sentence.
The guy talking to himself would also explain the ‘robotic’ va as he’s very obviously reciting (from memory?) a letter.

Bc it doesnt sound good at all. All the trailers are 50 seconds, with no context. There is obvious some very talented people on the team, especially the background artist. But the rest of the game seems to be a jumbled mess. Sorry if it seems negative, but we just being honest. Your videogame was excellently animated and had a wonderful sound design. This does not point blank period. At least from the 2 to 3 trailers i saw.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

chrissie - 15 June 2020 02:15 PM
Jdawg445 - 15 June 2020 12:52 PM
chrissie - 15 June 2020 11:53 AM

Wow,

Bc it doesnt sound good at all. All the trailers are 50 seconds, with no context. There is obvious some very talented people on the team, especially the background artist. But the rest of the game seems to be a jumbled mess. Sorry if it seems negative, but we just being honest. Your videogame was excellently animated and had a wonderful sound design. This does not point blank period. At least from the 2 to 3 trailers i saw.

Hi Jsawg445, I’m sorry that you’re so negative too but you really do seem to have an issue with the game.

Yes, I usually appreciate honesty but are you being honest really?
I (personally) couldn’t find any fault with the voice acting so it’s JUST YOUR OPINION that “it doesn’t sound good at all”.
You’ve seen 2 to 3 trailers but you conclude that the rest of the game is a jumbled mess? How can you tell unless you’ve played the whole game?
You are so far coming across as a sore person with a vendetta. Why?

As for the info about all trailers being 50 seconds - yes, but they just serve to give you a glimpse of the graphics & ambience of the game to see whether it appeals to you or not - they otherwise don’t generally give you enough info to judge anything.

Correct it is my opinion and that is the point of a messageboard, to answer your question no vendetta at all. I just posted my thoughts, thats why after my op i said i wont post anymore to the devs bc i said my thoughts. Luhr then also agreed with me and you attacked us by saying we are being so negative. They obviously posted the video with the hopes of feedback, we gave them feedback. I even said the backgrounds were beautiful and luhr said it also looked beautiful. But we found major faults with what they showed. As far as my jumbled mess comment, i just connected the dots. They have started and regrouped numerous times, as the post history shows. The game might end up being a masterpiece, i hope they do well, their passion is evident, even if i dont think the product will turn out well. Have a good day

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

chrissie - 15 June 2020 04:25 PM

What history?
Why don’t you think the product will turn out well?

go back and read this whole thread, they have had many development problems, which is fine. I dont think the product will turn out well bc like lurh I dont like the writing or the voice acting and for me a detective game needs both of those to be great, (yes it could improve over the course of development, but for the fact they were asking for help to find voice actors on a messageboard does not give me high hopes in that regard.) the fact they keep releasing the same basic trailer for the same few scenes indicate to me they have a long way to go and very few things are done. So I guess what I am saying is the basic concept sounds awesome, but everything they have shown of the execution so far has been very lackluster “to me”. I really have no ill will towards the dev team, I dont know them. Im just not a person or gamer that says everything is awesome bc the game is an indy title. I dont mince my words and I always speak my real opinions. Sorry if they come off harsh sometimes.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

chrissie - 15 June 2020 08:07 PM
Jdawg445 - 15 June 2020 07:23 PM
chrissie - 15 June 2020 04:25 PM

What history?
Why don’t you think the product will turn out well?

go back and read this whole thread, they have had many development problems, which is fine. I dont think the product will turn out well bc like lurh I dont like the writing or the voice acting and for me a detective game needs both of those to be great, (yes it could improve over the course of development, but for the fact they were asking for help to find voice actors on a messageboard does not give me high hopes in that regard.) the fact they keep releasing the same basic trailer for the same few scenes indicate to me they have a long way to go and very few things are done. So I guess what I am saying is the basic concept sounds awesome, but everything they have shown of the execution so far has been very lackluster “to me”. I really have no ill will towards the dev team, I dont know them. Im just not a person or gamer that says everything is awesome bc the game is an indy title. I dont mince my words and I always speak my real opinions. Sorry if they come off harsh sometimes.

Sorry I’m not getting it - this absolute hatred???? YOU don’t like the writing although there’s not a lot of evidence to judge it on - I could go on to comment on the rest of your tirade but your tirade amounts to no more than pure & simple hatred.  Naughty If you don’t like the game why can’t you back off!

are you ignorant, i have answered all your questions numerous times, I have no hatred for the game. the only reason I keep responding is bc you are asking me direct questions. I have answered your questions numerous times, im sorry you cant comprehend the answers, lol bc they are quite simple. I said I was going to back off in my OP, but you just cant fathom anyone not liking what they have shown, so you keep poking me and I have engaged and answered you civilly each time until now bc you keep calling something hatred when it is not. I have hatred for racism, I hate real life violence, I dont have hatred for this game, I just think it looks and sounds bad. So for the final time chrissie FROM WHAT THEY HAVE SHOWN!!!! I think the writing and voice acting is very amateurish at best. I think the the background art is beautiful, but as a whole product I have little confidence that they can deliver on what they want to, bc of all the reasons I have stated numerous times. Now can you please just stop with this stupid crusade lol. are you a stock holder in their company or something.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top