• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

angelus_04KeybordzLady KestrelTheTMDwalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Buying more games than you can actually play

Total Posts: 643

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

Games are so cheap these days that buying them is like collecting trophies. It’s almost an addiction to cheap sales that we’ve developed.

Before you had to think about what you bought, drive to the store, etc. Now, with everything at our fingertips on a computer, we’re more impulse-driven.

Total Posts: 514

Joined 2010-08-03

PM

not to mention youtube and all sites hosting game videos….you can always watch the game and see if you like it.be it a trailer or a walkthrough it’s always enough for you to see if a game abides to your likes.

Total Posts: 22

Joined 2012-09-26

PM

I’m the same.. I’ve actually only been heavily into gaming for the last yr or so but since then I’ve somehow made it my personal mission to own every single point and click game i can find Foot in mouth it’s DEF an addiction! I’ve only maybe finished one or two out of at LEAST 50-60. Each night I’ll play maybe half an hour outta one game then another 20min outta another then maybe 15min out of another! It’s ridiculoussss but I can’t stop Angry

Total Posts: 213

Joined 2011-11-13

PM

I have 349 games in my “to do” (to finish or just try) list and its growing fast. I have around 2/3 of those. There is a big chunk of titles which are very hard to find nowdays.

Additionally there are hundreds of movies I’d like to watch, tens of TV series, books… And almost no time. Grin

Total Posts: 405

Joined 2006-04-21

PM

I have sooo many games that I haven’t played, it’s at least 50 or so. I’ve got the same amount or more of books that need reading too. Ebay is my problem… I go browsing for nothing in particular, I see something cheap and it’s such a good deal I have to get it. And it’s never just 1 game, it’s always several…

The real problem with reality is the lack of background music.

Knightette of the Order of the Caption

Music is what feelings sound like…

Total Posts: 177

Joined 2006-03-28

PM

Oh yeah, same problem here…my backload of games is pretty high. Most of the computer adventure games I have aren’t as big of a problem because even the long games typically only last about 15-20 hours. I can usually get through those in a week or so. But the PS3 game backlog that I have is daunting (oh if only everyone’s problems were so trite—lol). These games can last days upon days, especially if you like to do the side missions and collect things like I do. (I’m not a completionist—meaning I don’t NEED to get 100% completion on every game I play—but I do like to do as much as possible without tearing my hair out or consulting a guide).

Anyway, what ends up happening is that I start a game and, even if I’m really enjoying it, I sit and look at the other unopened games on the shelf and I start getting tempted to tear into something new. I’m playing 2 PS3 games at the same time and that’s fine but I don’t want to have a whole bunch of games started and not finished so I have to hold myself back.  Gasp

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Had a lot of this problem this year, Steam and gog.com being the biggest culprits. Started lots of games and didn’t finish anything.
Recently I went berserk and deleted all my steam games except the one I was playing - same thing on gog.com… Trying to actually finish some games.
And no new games at the holiday sales

Total Posts: 643

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

PC games are like trophies in the digital age. The more you collect for your shelf, the better!

And if you play a few of them, that’s cool, too!

But yea, we all have that problem. It’s hard to pass up great deals. I have pretty good willpower, but I still have some games (mostly from indie bundles) I have yet to try.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top