• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough #38: Touché: The Adventures of the Fifth Musketeer

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

New bug, got the cutscene about the musketeers leaving the note to Geofroy after I had already read the note reached Le Havre. Makes more sense now, took me forever to find it at the time.
So much to dislike in the game… But at least Henri keeps saving it

Oars!
What?
Nothing

Smile

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Oscar - 25 March 2016 05:36 AM

edit: I actually managed to do the key puzzle by trial and error. And I still don’t understand how it makes any sense whatsoever.  Confused

I just go through this part… used a walkthrough because you know…
I’m just going to write the steps to the solution because it’s so “amazing”

1- put the candle through the dagger
2- put the dagger/candle inside the lock
3- use the file to scrape the candle and make a key

And to get the file

small hotspot in random stable to get horse linament
use horse filament with hot water to make medicine
smallest hotspot ever inside a WEAPON shop to get file

This is amazing, it’s almost like a review on how not to design an adventure!

Angry

At least the part after that was fun, the every englishman with a response to the password “the river runs shallow was very funny Smile

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Finished the game now, at least the puzzles after that are not so bad.

Happy ending!

Total Posts: 101

Joined 2016-02-18

PM

wilco - 25 March 2016 02:16 PM
Oscar - 25 March 2016 05:36 AM

edit: I actually managed to do the key puzzle by trial and error. And I still don’t understand how it makes any sense whatsoever.  Confused

I just go through this part… used a walkthrough because you know…
I’m just going to write the steps to the solution because it’s so “amazing”

Funny how different minds work in different ways. Somehow I solved that key puzzle almost without thinking. It seemed to make sense using this game’s logic - even though I can’t see how this would work in the real world…

But I needed hints and a walkthrough to know what to do with the horse linament. Was there any clue about that being a cold medicine anywhere in the game?

Tomimt’s previous post had already alerted me to some fiendish pixel-hunting coming up, so I was prepared and didn’t need any more hints after getting on the steamboat to the castle. I did consult a walkthrough before to know where to find the stuff I still needed, because the prospect of wandering around France hearing the same lines over and over again was just too much. The conclusion in De Peuple’s castle was in my opinion pretty well-written and well-paced. It was a proper ending to the game (if perhaps predictable as to the identity of the heir).

So I finished, and all in all I enjoyed my first community playthrough. I don’t think I’d ever try this game otherwise, and it has lots of charm to make it worthwile. This despite the annoyances of the ever-repeating same lines of text, sometimes clunky user interface and the occasional illogical puzzle I’d never have solved on my own.

It would be interesting to know what Graham Lilley makes of our experiences with his game. A big thanks again to him for making the game available for this playthrough! And thanks to Diego for guiding us through the game.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I may have over-reacting but my biggest beef with that puzzle was really the linament, medicide, file that were in completely unrelated spots to the puzzle door and atrocious pixel-hunting.
I agree, after that, the last part of the game was better.

My final impressions of the game are related to this, enjoyable game for the story and the banter with Henri that sounded like an english sitcom. The rest of it was average graphics and animations, very frustrating puzzle design and lots of bugs (but maybe these are related to playing the game in a modern system).

Total Posts: 928

Joined 2009-11-10

PM

Part of the bugs are definitely related to Scummvm, I didn’t run into many bugs by using the development version of scummvm..

For the horse linament, I actually found it quite logical. The guy had a cold and so it just seemed logical to give him the horse linament.. What threw me off at the beginning was that I thought I could just put it in the hot water and have the guy come over to smell it…

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Well, I finally finished the game.  Yes, the ending was predictable, and fireworks would have been nice, but it was still a good finale.

Figuring out how to repair the rowboat took me quite a bit of time until I remembered the pot of yucky soup, but the comments about the knot made up for it.  I also was confused about how to get into the gate on the other side of the river until I accidentally took the candle out of the holder

I enjoyed figuring out how to repair DaVinci’s boat, but I spent an enormous amount of time deciding what to do after hypnotising the guard until I stumbled over the chalk.

By the way, the only real glitch I found during the game was that I got some strange flickering of the rowboat image in the upper left-hand corner of my screen during the river crossing cut scene.  However, it didn’t cause any problems.

Despite the dialogue repetitions and the lack of direction with some of the puzzles, I still had a good time with this game.  Thanks for leading it, Diego! Thumbs Up

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

And iv finished.  Smile
It was a fun and interesting game. The voice acting, pacing, and exploration were all very good. The puzzle design was problematic left and right, but i dont feel like it ruined it. Heres one question im still left with: what uses are there for money? alternate puzzle solutions? I only found the coin i used to buy the souvenir after losing it all near the beginning.
And thanks to diego for leading and graham lilley Smile

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I liked the ending because I didn’t see it coming the first time I played the game, and there had to be a sort of twist or it would have been too tame. I didn’t like the ending because Henry is a selfish lazy liar and Geoffroi is naive, optimistic, likeable and totally out of touch with reality.

Why am I the only one who has rated the game? Go, go, go!

http://www.adventuregamers.com/games/view/16605

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 928

Joined 2009-11-10

PM

I actually kind of wish their was an alternate ending where you forge the will to change the location of the birthmark.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

I actually didn’t mind the ending, as the main character whats his name is a bit of an asshat, so it kind of felt well deserved. Not that Henri was more worthwhile, but still.

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I feel sorry for Henri because Juliette will bankrupt him within the year, and she’ll make him take a bath.  Geoff is better off without her.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

giom - 31 March 2016 08:26 AM

I actually kind of wish their was an alternate ending where you forge the will to change the location of the birthmark.

or that you find out henri already forged it Tongue

Total Posts: 129

Joined 2007-05-15

PM

I just finished it as well!

Overall I found it really enjoyable and the humour was much better than I was expecting.  The repetetive lines did get to me after a while and by the fourth part I was like “f***in’ hurry up Henri!!!”

Did Juliette remind anyone else of Sophia from Fate of Atlantis?  Well… an irritating version of her anyway.  Tongue

Diego, thank you so much for leading this!  The hints and mini quizzes were a very nice touch.  Smile

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Nelza - 01 April 2016 10:05 AM

Did Juliette remind anyone else of Sophia from Fate of Atlantis?  Well… an irritating version of her anyway.  Tongue

Yes! It’s her pose and her coiffure. Smile
Can’t be coincidence, can it.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top