• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Lady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

No new Carol Reed this year?

Total Posts: 449

Joined 2006-11-20

PM

Good mystery, the usual awesome photos, but waaaaay too short. Took me only about four hours. I’d love it if MDNA would produce a Carol Reed game that lasted at least eight, but it might be tough to do, huh?

Life is too short to drink bad wine…

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

All Carol Reed games are one-man projects! I think it’s marvelous that Mikael pulls it off every year.
And Mike, if you take the time to watch all the pictures in the game and really take in the environments the game lasts a lot longer Wink

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Mike the Wino - 10 August 2015 06:23 PM

waaaaay too short

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Thanks tsa for the link to my living space quote.

This game has some of the most unusual hotels I’ve ever seen. People actually pay to stay the night at places like the above? Do they sleep standing up?

The Woodpecker Hotel does look quite tasty, though the trip to and from is a bit heart-stopping.

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Becky - 12 August 2015 08:34 AM

The Woodpecker Hotel does look quite tasty, though the trip to and from is a bit heart-stopping.

If you don’t get an arrow in the back in between.

P.S. Maybe a separate thread (called “Shades of Black” or something) is in order.

Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Best avatar ever, Miss Black.  Thumbs Up

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Thank you.
Of all my avatars this one is the cutest (and the one with the biggest tits), for sure.

P.S. It also helped me live in unison with my feminine side ().

Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Shades of Black is apparently spam - only kidding! but I couldn’t understand why after ordering & paying for the game 3 days ago I still hadn’t been sent a download link for it & just on a hunch I looked in my spam folder just now & there it was (which I immediately moved to my inbox) so if you’re still waiting yourself check your spam folder!  Smile

Joined 2006-11-20

PM

tsa - 11 August 2015 12:00 AM

All Carol Reed games are one-man projects! I think it’s marvelous that Mikael pulls it off every year.
And Mike, if you take the time to watch all the pictures in the game and really take in the environments the game lasts a lot longer Wink

I think it’s awesome he’s able to make these every year as well! I’d have to check, but I think I’ve got about eight or nine of them.

I do look at every possible screen…I don’t study them, but I do look at them all. That’s one of the things that draw me to his games, seeing all the different locations around that beautiful country. But as far as SofB is concerned, it just went by too fast! I wanted it to last longer so I could savor it like a fine wine, or my incredibly tolerant and beautiful wife!

(And really, it did seem like it was a little shorter than some of the others I’ve played…)

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

I’m still working on it. I just encountered a nice red herring too Smile. I just love the locations! I have all the Carol Reed games; eleven in total. I still like the ninth one the best, with the story about Olav Palmer.

Joined 2006-11-20

PM

tsa - 12 August 2015 03:27 PM

I’m still working on it. I just encountered a nice red herring too Smile

Hmmm, I don’t remember any fish in this game….  Tongue

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

I’m about six hours in. I just opened the bill for the night at the Woodpecker Hotel. The total is even scarier than that sling thing going up and down.

I’m becoming increasingly curious about the lunatic poet. I have a theory that’s probably wrong, but it’ll be interesting to see how it plays out.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Doesn’t the HD version look stunning? Grin

Speaking of which, is this the first photorealistic HD adventure game ever? Or game, even?

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I love the woodpecker hotel! Wouldn’t dare go up there in real life though. Not with that sling thingie.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Ah, The Woody Woodpecker Hotel… the only place Miss Alegra can’t reach you: the branch the sling is fastened to is bound to break if she takes the elevator.
When I first learned of the “sling” I thought Carol was going to be shot upwards with some kind of a catapult or something.

Even Me.

-Cary Grant

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top