• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

CharophyceanchrissieKeybordz

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Mass Effect Next

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

The Mass Effect trilogy is one of my favourite gaming series of all time.

Sure the various games each had their problems, but it was very ambitious with a connected storyline that spanned all three games.

Mass Effect 3 had a controversial but definitive ending that made another shepard game unlikly.

However another Mass Effect is on it’s way…

The first solid look at Mass Effect Next came at E3 this year.

Just some glimpses of concept art etc.

Now Comic Con has revealed a little bit more.

*  Set at the same time as the original trilogy

*  Not called Mass Effect 4

*  No Shepard, but I would imagine that you may cross paths with him or the consequences of his actions in the game.

*  Hero is connected to N7

*  More customisation of your character will be allowed.

*  Mako is back, but will be faster and more agile for exploration

Looks great..Will keep thread updated as more information is forthcoming.

Roll on 2015

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Mako Video:

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

nomadsoul - 27 July 2014 07:15 AM

Mako Video:

Looks cool.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Exploration… I want to believe!

This feels very early, it’s a 2016 title probably, maybe even end of 2016.

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Lots of leaks making this game look very DA:I like. Based on a survey that was sent out.

The Next Mass Effect Context:

The next Mass Effect game takes place in the Helius Cluster (a cluster of 100s of solar systems in the Andromeda Galaxy), far removed by time and space from Commander Shepard’s heroic acts and the final events of the Mass Effect trilogy. You are a pathfinder, a combat trained but un-tested explorer leading an expedition into the Helius cluster to establish a new home for humanity. As you explore this sprawling series of solar systems (over 4x the size of Mass Effect 3), collecting resources and building colonies, you will encounter the savagery of untamed lands in the form of cut-throat outlaws and warring alien races. To survive and colonise the wild reaches of space, you will need to grow your arsenal, your ship, your crew and make strategic (and often uneasy) alliances to fight against increasingly menacing foes. Along the way, you will encounter the remains of a once powerful and mysterious alien race, the Remnant, whose forgotten technology holds the key to gaining power in this region of the galaxy. As you uncover who the Remnant were, and the mysteries their ruins contain, you are drawn into a violent race to find the source of their forgotten technology that will determine the fate of humanity.

In other words we cant be bothered to tie this into the Shepard multiple endings so we are skipping it and moving to a new galaxy.

Collect Resources to Fuel your Growth:

Scour solar systems and planets within the Helius Cluster to find valuable resources and blueprints of long forgotten alien technology that will allow you to craft better equipment and weapons, such as improving your leg armour to allow you to jetpack jump, or upgrading your cryo-beam (laser cannon) to target enemies or do area damage around you to clear out close threats. As you build your arsenal and resource infrastructure, you will be able to explore deeper into the increasingly dangerous and resource-rich solar systems of the Helius Cluster.

A Capable Crew:

Throughout the story, you will recruit seven distinct crew members to fight by your side. Each crew member has a unique personality and specific abilities that open up strategic options as you choose which two of them to bring into each mission. For example, Cora has the ability to deploy a biotic shield that protects everyone in the bubble while still allowing you and your squad to fire out of it. Your crew will grow alongside you as you explore the Helius Cluster, and you can choose how you upgrade your crew’s weapons, gear and abilities to increase their individual combat effectiveness. Create the perfect squad to react to any situation and to support your preferred gameplay style.

Deployed Strike Team Missions:

The Helius Cluster is 1000s of light years across, and you can’t be everywhere at once. As you develop more colonies, resource bases and settlements, you have to be able to keep them safe. Spend resources to recruit mercenaries and develop an AI controlled Strike Team that you can deploy to take on randomly generated, time-sensitive missions. Strike Team missions take many forms, including settlement defence and Remnant artefact recovery, which will take real-time to complete. Send your Strike Team out on a mission while you continue playing the main game and they will return, 20 - 30 minutes later, having gained rewards such as XP, currency and equipment based on the success of their mission. Spend money and resources to train your Strike Team and acquire better gear for them, which will increase their success rate and allow them to take on more difficult missions for greater rewards.

Sounds like the war table from DA.

Read more ... http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-04-20-probing-the-new-mass-effect-4-leak

Roberta Williams

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Sounds good, very good decision to move away from Shepard galaxy and story.
Now I hope all that exploring is not just Planet Scaning and little repetitive Mako missions.
I still have not played DA:I so I can’t really compare to it.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 20 April 2015 02:52 PM

Sounds good, very good decision to move away from Shepard galaxy and story.
Now I hope all that exploring is not just Planet Scaning and little repetitive Mako missions.
I still have not played DA:I so I can’t really compare to it.

Mass effect I want, explore galaxy rinse repeat. Though No man’s Sky can water down the feeling alot, lets see.
Temepest is controllable can do wonders, also I want new races and frostbite evolved form.
Thanks
Laughing

Total Posts: 932

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

Oh look you will “determine the fate of humanity” again… Original.

Other than that, doesn’t seem to be anything really new but looks fine overall.

The part about the crew is written as if it’s something new, but it’s exactly the same as all the previous MEs Tongue

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Lucien21 - 20 April 2015 02:37 PM

In other words we cant be bothered to tie this into the Shepard multiple endings so we are skipping it and moving to a new galaxy.

I think that it was always clear that ME4 wouldn’t continue where ME3 ended, and I’m perfectly fine with that.

ME3 was the end of not just Sheppard’s story, but also of the whole Reaper story. Rebooting the whole thing by giving us a new fresh beginning, instead of trying to tie it to close to the previous games, is I believe the right decision.

Sounds like the war table from DA.

It certainly does!
It is better than planet-scanning though.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

I think Bioware nailed the structure of this series with Mass Effect 2: One mission introducing a crew mate, another mission building rapport with him or her and several missions acting as major story turns.

It had an episodic scifi feel where you grew closer to the characters with each mission. The story wasn’t any better than what happened in the third game but that didn’t matter because it was more character driven.

Also, hub worlds. Lots of them.

Total Posts: 932

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

Iznogood - 21 April 2015 07:16 AM

I think that it was always clear that ME4 wouldn’t continue where ME3 ended, and I’m perfectly fine with that.

Yes, indeed. As far as I can remember, it was the first (and for quite a while only) thing they said: Shepard is not involved. And I believe it was also revealed quite a while ago that it’s a whole new galaxy (or then I just assumed too much, but I have a memory of that, nevertheless).

I’m really happy about that, to be honest. The whole Reaper thing got rather tiresome, near the end. Starting from a clean slate gives them much more leeway - hopefully they’ll use it for the best. I am quite disappointed, though, that the story is again about saving the entire humanity from the Ancient Alien Threat, but I guess it’s still too early to go into any conclusions about where this will be going. I just hope they’ll capture the feeling of the first ME and not go into the whole oppressive atmosphere they were so fond of in both the later games (and, in fact, many other games after it, too, like Dragon Age).

But I’ll remain optimistic until given reason to think otherwise Tongue

(Edit): Wait, when is this coming out?

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

UPtimist - 21 April 2015 09:52 AM

(Edit): Wait, when is this coming out?

No release date yet, maybe at E3 they’ll talk about it but probably 2016

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top