• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Beckyskeeter_93

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Well back again - looking for game recommendations

Total Posts: 50

Joined 2012-05-19

PM

Very nice new look here.
As continuing my previous posts and the ones i missed before the change of appearance, I would like more games recommendations to play my mind against.

I’ve just finished all 5 sherlock holmes quests and art of murder (besides cards of destiny) and looking for games in the spirit of sherlock homes or still life 2 (grusome murders and much more deduction and facts check then “combine the rope with the ring and then with the needle and then with the….”)

Since you guys gave me already such great games to play with I am waiting more Smile

PS first person view gives me headaches so I preffer third person view games only THANKS! Grin

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

The Laura Bow series is really good for deduction and facts-checking. Also Cruise for a Corpse is one of my favourites.

If those are too old for you, there are a few good Agatha Christie games, like Murder on the Orient Express, And Then There Were None and Evil Under the Sun.

Joined 2012-05-19

PM

Thank you, I’ll be on top of getting those games right away.

Total Posts: 106

Joined 2010-10-27

PM

Oscar - 19 May 2012 08:09 PM

The Laura Bow series is really good for deduction and facts-checking. Also Cruise for a Corpse is one of my favourites.

One should be warned that those games didn’t age well. Laura Bow 1 is a text Sierra ag at its best. Laura Bow 2 has an awful talking interface that needs a lot of patience and some frustrating dead ends. And Cruise for a Corpse is a very linear game with TONS of pixel-hunting that might drive you crazy half through the way Smile

I don’t know if it’s your cup of tea, but you might try the CSI series (especially those by Telltale). Though I’m not a fan, they just fit your description perfectly:

(grusome murders and much more deduction and facts check then “combine the rope with the ring and then with the needle and then with the….”)

Total Posts: 177

Joined 2003-11-15

PM

Discworld Noir?

And Gabriel Knight 2 should also fit pretty well, at least regarding the plot. I don’t remember how the puzzles are in that one.

You can play my game Frasse and the Peas of Kejick for free! (AG review here.)

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

Sherlock Holmes and the Case of the Serrated scalpel

Joined 2012-05-19

PM

Thanks for the replies but I am looking for a more recent games. I’ve checked all the games you gave me.

I’ve made a little research outside of this website and these are games I think I will like (to propose the type/styles I am looking for in order to be more specific):

Dracula origins (which is the same as SH2)
Evidence: the final ritual (Seems excellent to me around investigating the web)
Missing: since jenuary (same note…)
The secret files 1-2 (I saw 3 here in AG, but i didnt find any video or article about it. is it out yet?)
The black mirror 1-3 (which i think someone recommended it on the previous website and I’ve missed his notes).

Thanks for any help. I’ll go search the AG DB now hopefully to find something.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I actually would recommend “cards of destiny”. I enjoyed this one the best of the three Art of Murder games.

Smile

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 359

Joined 2012-02-16

PM

This thread is giving me a major case of deja-vu Wink

This might be my thinking way outside the box but what about the Ace Attorney series? They are not my cup of tea (even though I’ve warmed up to them somewhat) but many people here swear by them and they fit the desiderata: murders with (somewhat) graphic pictures of the crime scenes, and lots of deductive reasoning (no inventory puzzles whatsoever).

Joined 2012-05-19

PM

Ace Attorney… hmmm, thanks. Is it third person view? Cause I didnt see that series in the AG database after filtering (maybe they are just not there? Smile )

Total Posts: 236

Joined 2006-10-06

PM

Charly - 21 May 2012 05:06 AM

Ace Attorney… hmmm, thanks. Is it third person view? Cause I didnt see that series in the AG database after filtering (maybe they are just not there? Smile )

It’s both third and first person. First - when investigating crime scenes/talking to people - and third during the court cases/battles.

@TerminusEst There are inventory puzzles, just not the traditional kind - eg. use item on object/item. You have to ‘present’ the right item to the right person/question etc.

Total Posts: 359

Joined 2012-02-16

PM

Charly - 21 May 2012 05:06 AM

The games are all for Nintendo DS. It seems that the DS filter on the Games page doesn’t work properly (off to report it now) but you can try this link.

(Edit: The filter works fine. I am just stupid.)

As DustyS said, it includes some first-person but it’s not the kind of first-person to make you dizzy/nauseous though - you just examine static 2D pictures of your surroundings.

DustyShinigami - 21 May 2012 08:39 AM

@TerminusEst There are inventory puzzles, just not the traditional kind - eg. use item on object/item. You have to ‘present’ the right item to the right person/question etc.

True enough even though it depends on one’s definition of inventory puzzles. To make it clearer for Charly/tmkctm, you listen to witness testimony in court, and when you spot a lie or a contradiction you have to “Present” an item from the evidence on record, which is also your inventory (“Take that!”). No convoluted inventory manipulation necessary.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Of these Nintendo DS games the one I’d recommend for you is:

http://www.gamespot.com/ace-attorney-investigations-miles-edgeworth/

It is third person, it has some gruesome story elements in it. I’d think you’d like it really. Try this one first.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Joined 2012-05-19

PM

Already started playing Grin Thank you all

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Mikekelly - 21 May 2012 08:55 PM

Of these Nintendo DS games the one I’d recommend for you is:

http://www.gamespot.com/ace-attorney-investigations-miles-edgeworth/

It is third person, it has some gruesome story elements in it. I’d think you’d like it really. Try this one first.

Heart

I’d actually suggest playing the Ace Attorney series in the correct order (if only for continuity and because it’s better to get to know some of the characters in advance).

There are also some other DS titles that may interest you:

Hotel Dusk: Room 215
Last Window: The Secret of Cape West
Again

And what probably suits your description best of all:
Jake Hunter Detective Story: Memories of the Past

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top