• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

DaleJdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Time for a new community playthrough

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Nominations and voting for CP #79 will continue until midnight GMT on Wed., July 12.

Return to Mysterious Island (5) - Diego (leader), Rtrooney, DCast, Giom, Walas74

Memento Mori 2 (3) - Chrissie (leader), Doom, Rtrooney

Culpa Innata (2) - Chrissie (leader), DCast

The Entropy Center (1) - Charophycean

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 175

Joined 2021-03-21

PM

I ll vote for the entropy centre. Looks fun from the trailer and i like environment puzzles.

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I vote for Return to Mysterious Island, which I liked a lot. Should be interesting to compare notes on using the inventory objects.

PS: Only 1.59 euro on Steam.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Nominations and voting for CP #79 will continue until midnight GMT on Wed., July 12.

Return to Mysterious Island (6) - Diego (leader), Rtrooney, DCast, Giom, Walas74, Karlok

The Entropy Center (2) - Charophycean, Nico2021

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 1239

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Five days without new votes means the voting is ended?

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Some people might be on vacation, Walas.  Let’s give it 3 more days.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 1239

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

I am on vacation haha

No problem, I will wait.

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Just a reminder of what Karlok already mentioned - Return to Mysterious Island is 1,59€ on Steam - https://store.steampowered.com/app/277110/Return_to_Mysterious_Island/ for 2 more days. Whether it wins CP or not, that’s a bargain.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

I vote for for Return to Mysterious Island. I’ve played it a while ago but I do remember it very fondly. It will be fun to replay it again.

Total Posts: 517

Joined 2022-02-22

PM

Not that I’m trying to sway your vote, but do you think the island will still be mysterious? I’m just assuming you already discovered those mysteries the first time around.

Or will it be the third visit? “Return” implies you’ve been there before…

Neutral

AKA Charo

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Charophycean - 12 July 2023 02:50 AM

Not that I’m trying to sway your vote, but do you think the island will still be mysterious? I’m just assuming you already discovered those mysteries the first time around.

Or will it be the third visit? “Return” implies you’ve been there before…

Neutral

I guess in his return (pun not intended) to the game, the game will be called “Return to not-so Mysterious Island”! (drumroll!)

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 505

Joined 2005-07-07

PM

My brain is shock full of Firmament right now, but if I finish that pretty soon I’ll probably take part in the CP for Return to MI. You can decide if that counts as a vote or not Lady K.Smile Seems it will win the vote anyway, so.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Nominations and voting for CP #79 will continue until midnight GMT tonight.

I added your vote, Veovis.  (I’m jealous!  I have to get a new computer before I can play Firmament.)

Return to Mysterious Island (8) - Diego (leader), Rtrooney, DCast, Giom, Walas74, Karlok, SoccerDude, Veovis

The Entropy Centre (2) - Charophycean, Nico2021

By the way, I was looking up The Entropy Center here and couldn’t find it.  It turns out it’s the UK spelling, which I’ve corrected.

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

I have some bad news:

I bought the game on Steam couple of days ago, and the first time I started it, it ran just fine. I just wanted to check if it works on Windows 10, I walked a few screens and exited the game.

Today, I tried it to run again, but to my surprise it always crashes on the first screen, after the Microids logo. I’ve seen then that I’m not alone, as other users reported the similar crash in the discussion. I bought the game on GOG then, but it’s the same, the game crashes right at the start.

I’m trying alternative methods as I write this, I just wanted you to know that I’m experiencing problems, and to see if some of you might know more about this.

Total Posts: 1782

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

I bought the game some time back from GoG but never got on with it which is why I’m not bothering with the play-through. Being nice and all that (no laughter please) I decided to load my version which is the latest (version 103, language fix) to see what I got.
Installs fine (I’m running Windows 11) and runs. Got past the intro, saved, shut down, reloaded save and everything was working OK. Could get about, pick up stuff, investigate and so on.

But.

The background scenes run at about 10 times normal speed so birds are flying at stupid speeds and the monkey on the main menu is doing callisthenics so fast it would kill it in real life. So there might be underlying problems with this game on modern kit. I’m going to try on an old Windows 7 machine tomorrow (UK) and see what happens. I’ll also try it on a Windows 10 machine as well. If I’m feeling really conscientious I might even boot up my old XP box Smile

Life is what it is.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top