• Reviews
  • Games Database
  • Game Discovery
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jofogsharkam52

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Time for a new community playthrough

Total Posts: 417

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

If you have problems, at the web site where I post my translations into Spanish there is a version ready for playing, with Dosbox and ScummVM. Just install and run.

Total Posts: 5755

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

walas74 - 24 September 2020 01:28 PM

If you have problems, at the web site where I post my translations into Spanish there is a version ready for playing, with Dosbox and ScummVM. Just install and run.

And that web site is where…?

Ceci n’est pas un jeu!

Total Posts: 4937

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

rtrooney - 24 September 2020 01:19 PM

How are you getting yours? I have the original discs, but am not good at configuring DOSbox or ScummVM.

If you’re downloading from GOG I just suggest that you uninstall GOG Galaxy & just download the backup files available. It shouldn’t be that you try to download the backup files as I did & GOG Galaxy takes over uninvited. Thumbs Up

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Karlok - 24 September 2020 01:37 PM
walas74 - 24 September 2020 01:28 PM

And that web site is where…?

Sorry, it is in Spanish. I didn’t write the url address because I didn’t know if I broke any rule of the forum by doing it.

But you can find the game with Dosbox in Adventure Legends.

Total Posts: 4247

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I just realized that I’m a day behind.  In my last post I said I needed Wednesday to get ready, but it was already Wednesday.  (I’ve been looking at these 4 walls too long, I think.)  Anyway, I should have everything ready by noon tomorrow (Fri.) at the latest.

Sorry, Santa.  There were just too many options.

Total Posts: 2657

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Hey folks,I haven’t installed GOG galaxy, but there is an option to download backup files. I don’t know if Galaxy interferes with them, but for me, installing it is as simple as launching the download exe and following the instructions.

Total Posts: 4150

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

The thought that I might not be able to play the game I have fought so hard to get to the finish line is devastating to me. Nobody’s suggestions make any sense to me. Delete Gog Galaxy and download as a backup. What does that mean and how do I do it? (other than knowing how to delete it.) Use DOSbox/ScummVM? Didn’t I just say that I was unfamiliar with either. If you have specific instructions… and I mean specific, that suggestion doesn’t help me at all.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Casual Game Developer List
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AohuMgk8BGFTdExjM2s4eGdJRGZmcWJxMUNoUTlMZVE#gid=0

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

SoccerDude - 24 September 2020 09:25 PM

Hey folks,I haven’t installed GOG galaxy, but there is an option to download backup files. I don’t know if Galaxy interferes with them, but for me, installing it is as simple as launching the download exe and following the instructions.

Download backup files from where?

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AohuMgk8BGFTdExjM2s4eGdJRGZmcWJxMUNoUTlMZVE#gid=0

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

rtrooney - 24 September 2020 09:35 PM
SoccerDude - 24 September 2020 09:25 PM

Download backup files from where?

Go to GOG.com, make sure you are logged into your account. In the top menu, under your account name submenu, you should see Games as a submenu item. Click on that to go to your games. In the search box, search for Lighthouse. Click on the search result, and you should see two options. The first one is Download and Install Now (which is the one that uses their GOG Galaxy service). The second one is: Download offline backup game installers. This should download an exe installer which you should be able to run and install the game.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

And at what point am I supposed to pay for the game?

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

rtrooney - 24 September 2020 09:56 PM

And at what point am I supposed to pay for the game?

Oh sorry, I was under the assumption that you already own it on GOG. Obviously you have to buy it first and then follow the instructions.

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

SoccerDude’s instructions are accurate. It is exactly the way I did it.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I had to jump through some hoops, but I think it is installed. Hoops included uninstalling GOG, going to GOG.com, resetting password, resetting installation code, whatever that is, getting to the home page, finding and buying the game. It seems to work, and I get the opening screen. But there is no desktop icon so it appears I need to open GOG to play the game. I’m open to suggestions how to streamline this. But at least I have an avenue to play. Or so I think.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 445

Joined 2017-09-18

PM

You might need to go to the install directory, right click on the executable and create a shortcut to put on the desktop. I looked up where GOG games are installed and I got

$HOME/GOG Games

which is a bit weird. Seems to me GOG was a lot better before this newfangled ‘Galaxy’ thing they brought in.

(i’m looking for a smiley with an old bearded man waving his cane but I can’t find one)

Total Posts: 7951

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Luhr28 - 25 September 2020 12:51 AM

which is a bit weird. Seems to me GOG was a lot better before this newfangled ‘Galaxy’ thing they brought in.

(i’m looking for a smiley with an old bearded man waving his cane but I can’t find one)

I too have gotten rid of GOG Galaxy a while ago. It seemed like a poor attempt to emulate the Steam client, while the regular downloads from the site itself were working just fine the old way…

Wink

Last played: There Is No Game: Wrong Dimension (CPT) - 4/5 | There Is No Game (replay) - 4/5 | Broken Sword: The Shadow of the Templars (replay) - 3/5 | Lighthouse: The Dark Being (CPT) - 2.5/5 | Anna’s Quest (CPT) - 4.5/5 | Simon the Sorcerer II: The Lion, the Wizard and the Wardrobe - 4/5 | Florence - 4/5 | Alice Trapped in Wonderland - 1/5 | The Hunt for the Lost Ship - 1.5/5 | The Talos Principle - 4/5 | Tex Murphy: Martian Memorandum - 3/5 | Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc - 3/5 | Simon the Sorcerer (replay) - 4/5 | Portal 2 - 4/5 | Murder By Numbers - 3.5/5 | Heavy Rain - 3.5/5 | Disco Elysium - 4.5/5 | Freddi Fish 2: The Case of the Haunted Schoolhouse - 3/5 | Freddi Fish and the Case of the Missing Kelp Seeds - 3/5 | Whispers of a Machine (CPT) - 4/5

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!