• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoIronCretinJdawg445Lady Kestrelrtrooney

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Time for a new community playthrough

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Thanks for the info, Jabod! Something really strange is happening with this game, as I’m tweaking the config.ini file and selecting compatibility mode, sometimes it will load randomly. Then again it refuses to start.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I bought the game (from Steam) a couple of days ago too intending to join the playthrough.
I’ve just played through the intro + first 5 mins of gameplay. Everything seems to be running smoothly (I’m on Win 10) so I hope you (& anyone else having problems) are able to get the game working diego. I did see on the Steam forums that quite a few other players were also having problems.

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

After few hours, I think I have found the solution - THOUGH - I still don’t want to close the game, I will just alt-tab it if I don’t want to play. The game is acting so weird, that sometimes it will start, and sometimes not, for no apparent reason.

I hope that everyone will get the game working by using either Steam or GOG version (by the way, the GOG version is also 80% on discount - I guess they saw we’re planning the playthrough, because it was on full price couple of days ago Smile ).

If you have problems with either version, I will tell you my workaround, just private message me.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 645

Joined 2017-08-27

PM

Just tried to run it on my laptop with Windows 11 - works perfect. I hope you’ll figure it out in no time

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Good to know you found a solution, diego.

I’m sorry to say I also encountered a weird problem. Started the game (Steam), it worked fine and I played for about 10 minutes, picking up lots of objects lying around. I have no idea what went wrong, maybe I did something that triggered a bug, but at some point I opened the inventory and it was empty. I checked all the tabs, nada. So I quit, restarted the game and started collecting objects again. Everything was okay, no disappearing objects. I repeated it a third time and again nothing happened. Even so, I’m going to save often.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

I tell you, this is one strange game! I solved many puzzles… and even before playing the game!

Love the new avatar, Karlok!

Total Posts: 505

Joined 2005-07-07

PM

Lady Kestrel - 12 July 2023 12:12 PM

I added your vote, Veovis.  (I’m jealous!  I have to get a new computer before I can play Firmament.)

I didn’t think my computer was up for it either, specifically not meeting the 16 GB RAM minimum requirement. But it works and looks fine with 8 GB of RAM in my 3-4 year old PC.

Total Posts: 5035

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Just bought the game from GoG. Haven’t had time to get past the “New Game” screen. Will give it a try tomorrow.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

I installed the game through Steam on Windows 11. Played about 5 minutes, and things ran pretty smoothly. I restarted the game, and it still seems to work great. Will update if I run into any glitches.

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Great to hear that it works for all of you!

Total Posts: 2063

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

diego - 12 July 2023 04:05 PM

Today, I tried it to run again, but to my surprise it always crashes on the first screen, after the Microids logo. I’ve seen then that I’m not alone, as other users reported the similar crash in the discussion. I bought the game on GOG then, but it’s the same, the game crashes right at the start.

Same problem I had with all games developed or published by Microids, including Dracula 3 by Kheops. Although I had no idea The Return to Mysterious Island was also published by them, I replayed the original version a year or so ago without any problems, and I’m pretty sure there was no Microids logo attached…

PC means personal computer

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Thank you LK for taking care of yet another round of voting, I’ll open the thread soon!

Total Posts: 1782

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

As promised various kit tested.

Windows 11 Home 64 Bit 12th Gen i7 12700k @ 3.6GHz 32gb Ram
This was the PC that I first reported on with the backgrounds going at 10x (estimated speed)

Windows 10 Home 64 bit Intel Core Duo T8500 @ 2.00GHz 3gb Ram
This was a very old laptop that I actually managed to upgrade from Vista to Windows 10. Installed fine, if slowly, and actually ran OK. No problems at all except when entering the screen for the inventory and menu where it hung for about a minute then carried on working fine.

Windows 10 Home 64 Bit i7 59300k @ 3.5GHz 32gb Ram
Installed and ran perfectly

Windows 7 Pro 64Bit Intel i5 2400 @3.10GHz 4Ggb RAM
Installed and ran perfectly.

All 4 inventory and save functions worked as they should.

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

diego - 13 July 2023 09:49 AM

Thank you LK for taking care of yet another round of voting, I’ll open the thread soon!

You’re welcome!  Enjoy the playthrough!

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 1239

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Hi!

I have noticed that forums are quite quiet lately, and this one even more, so I would like to nominate Mutropolis, a succesful adventure game made in Spain, and hopefully someone who has already play it will offer to lead.

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top