• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoLady Kestrelwalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

SpaceVenture (The Two Guys from Andromeda) 

Total Posts: 2060

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

The creators of Asylim also released an update. They call their last month’s demo which consisted of an intro, a dialogue and one puzzle “our biggest milestone” and “a roaring success”. At least the Andromeda Guys keep their word and have something to beta test. I hope the fans will help them at this point and the game will be ready during this year.

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

I know which of the two I have more faith in and would rather play.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 860

Joined 2017-12-19

PM

Lucien21 - 01 August 2020 12:31 PM

I know which of the two I have more faith in and would rather play.

SpaceVenture: Estimated delivery Feb 2013

Asylum: Estimated delivery Dec 2013

At this point, I don’t know if there’s much (good) faith for either one of them if you think about it.

SpaceVenture seems to be further ahead, but they should be 10 months ahead simply by looking at their estimated release dates, so that doesn’t count for much really.

To their credit, both of them, at least they are working on their games, even if very slowly. Some other projects have simply dropped dead. In worst cases without a word. I don’t even bother to keep count anymore, with the cumulative delays being well over a century by now.

Talking about what I would like to play, I was waiting to see what Jack Houston and the Necronauts (Estimated delivery Dec 2013) could offer, but I guess that game is not happening. The last official update is from June 6, 2019, ironically enough titled “Another overdue update”. In the comment section though, the creator recently commented: “I owe everyone here an apology for not at least keeping you abreast of the LACK of progress.”
I guess Trüberbrook already more or less delivered what they were trying to achieve, a nice idea, not such a great game.

In the end, within Kickstarter context, SpaceVenture may one day be regarded as a good project, they took the money, and they delivered, something, at least.

About space comedy Kickstarter things, however, the greatest disappointment is probably that Kaptain Brawe 2: A Space Travesty ran an unsuccessful campaign twice, and is de-facto cancelled, I believe.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

The beta has actually started. I downloaded my beta-copy just this morning and have been playing it a bit now.

As expected, it’s far from being bug-free. Nothing game-breaking yet, but there are UI issues that have to be fixed before the game can be actually released. Graphics are a bit of a mixed bag. The background art looks nice, but some of the characters models are a bit ugly and especially the speech animations are way off.

Total Posts: 1353

Joined 2017-09-18

PM

Prediction: This is yet another hyped up game which, if it’s ever released, will have the most attention by far before it’s actually out. So that means 20+ pages of discussion, then maybe 2 pages more after it’s out. I could cite all the cash-grabs of late from the ‘big names’ of old resting on their laurels that people have got all excited about and then became completely forgotten on release, and I could be wrong, but maybe this thread will shop up in 2025 and on page 22 someone will write a thankyou note to Luhr28, a small note of appreciation that they didn’t bother to check out the latest remake of Police Quest “CopVenture: Fuzz-U: Constable to Redemption”.

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Bugs and UI issues aside, SpaceVenture seems to be a reasonably fun game. Easy puzzles, as far I can tell, but there is a solid game in there if they manage to fix the issues about it.

Total Posts: 1619

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

Luhr28 - 02 August 2020 03:10 AM

Prediction: This is yet another hyped up game which, if it’s ever released, will have the most attention by far before it’s actually out. So that means 20+ pages of discussion, then maybe 2 pages more after it’s out. I could cite all the cash-grabs of late from the ‘big names’ of old resting on their laurels that people have got all excited about and then became completely forgotten on release, and I could be wrong, but maybe this thread will shop up in 2025 and on page 22 someone will write a thankyou note to Luhr28, a small note of appreciation that they didn’t bother to check out the latest remake of Police Quest “CopVenture: Fuzz-U: Constable to Redemption”.

Lol, well my favorite series of all time was called wing commander, and the creator chris roberts is trying to develop this little indie kickstarter game called star citizen, and much like this project the development has been a complete disaster. They have raised over 300 million dollars, which is more than 95 percent of triple A games. They are no closer to releasing the solo story yet. And get this they are releasing a road map to the road map for the solo game. How convoluted can you get. Even their biggest fans are getting pissed after 8 yrs of “development.”

For the record some have called chris roberts a con man. I dont think he is a con man, but he is a dev that needs an ubisoft, or another big publisher to finally just say no. He is the type to tinker away at something forever and never release a dang thing. Reminds me of Peter Molyneux, he made all these promises for the fable games, and his other games and never delivered on half of them.

Total Posts: 1353

Joined 2017-09-18

PM

Jdawg445 - 02 August 2020 06:00 PM

They have raised over 300 million dollars, which is more than 95 percent of triple A games.

Holy crap. What can you do with so much money? All while sitting at a PC. Well, voice actors and programmers like to be paid I suppose, but it’s still a lot of money. No wonder they can’t decide what to do with it all.

I think the fans are partially to blame, for believing throwing money at a game will make it better. Right now I’m playing the freeware Heroine’s Quest and it’s brilliant, easily on par with Sierra classics. What made it that way was the love that went into it.

Total Posts: 860

Joined 2017-12-19

PM

Lol, well my favorite series of all time was called wing commander

Great games.

For the record some have called chris roberts a con man. I dont think he is a con man

I lost my faith in Chris Roberts after Wing Commander “movie”.
What a load of **** that was.

It made me realise that he doesn’t have any special talent, he was just very lucky to work with the right people when he was doing Wing Commanders I-IV.
That movie and the crowdfunding thing sadly showed his real talents, or lack of, when working without those people who really made Wing Commander.

Total Posts: 127

Joined 2004-08-03

PM

At the very least, these guys are really funny. I enjoy reading their updates. Humor is often an okay adult pacifier in my world. It defuses my angst over the delivery time. 😀

YouTube: Weird Gaming Adventure
IG: weird_gaming_adventure

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

GateKeeper - 02 August 2020 08:04 PM

Lol, well my favorite series of all time was called wing commander

Great games.

For the record some have called chris roberts a con man. I dont think he is a con man

I lost my faith in Chris Roberts after Wing Commander “movie”.
What a load of **** that was.

It made me realise that he doesn’t have any special talent, he was just very lucky to work with the right people when he was doing Wing Commanders I-IV.
That movie and the crowdfunding thing sadly showed his real talents, or lack of, when working without those people who really made Wing Commander.

He got a partial pass from me on the movie, bc the budget got slashed and bc they had to make a deadline. The movie had to be out to include the phantom menace star wars trailer. A lot of people bought tickets just to see the trailer.

Chris also helped make starlancer and freelancer but was fired/quit by microsoft bc he went you guessed it, over-time and over budget

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

Luhr28 - 02 August 2020 07:16 PM

They have raised over 300 million dollars, which is more than 95 percent of triple A games.

Holy crap. What can you do with so much money? All while sitting at a PC. Well, voice actors and programmers like to be paid I suppose, but it’s still a lot of money. No wonder they can’t decide what to do with it all.

I think the fans are partially to blame, for believing throwing money at a game will make it better. Right now I’m playing the freeware Heroine’s Quest and it’s brilliant, easily on par with Sierra classics. What made it that way was the love that went into it.

What happened is they raised something like 50 million from kickstarter,so the game got bigger, and then then they started selling virtual ships for the game. some people bought a ship that was $5,000 real dollars and it kept growing and growing and growing into 300 million.

The scope is so big now that you will need a nasa computer to run it. Former Devs that have left the company have said, that their goal would switch every week, so that they never finished one project before Chris came in and have them working on something else. It is crazy

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Yeah, Star Citizen is a genuine mess that keeps chugging along thanks to the many believers constantly dishing in for more. I’ve played it a couple of times and it’s really far from being a really enjoyable game. For the longest time, it was more or less the prettiest chat room ever made, now it is an overbudgeted mundane job simulator that isn’t doing anything exceptionally well. Shame, really, that the feature creep got so bad, as there could be a decent game there.

As for SapceVenture, if anyone has been holding their breath, the beta is fun, but it is very, very broken. I’d call it an alpha more than beta and that in mind, I wouldn’t expect an official release this year. The fixing they have to do goes beyond bugs, as for example, their inventory system is one of the most unintuitive game inventories I’ve come across.

That the game is broken was to be expected, I guess. It has been a difficult project, I’ve gathered, with different coders coming and going.

But on the bright side, it does feel like a SpaceQuest game. It feels like a proper spiritual sequel.

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

For everyone who has been waiting for SpaceVenture this might be good news. The Guys dropped another beta build the last week after a couple of months of silence and the biggest improvement of the build is, that the game can be finally played through. It still is far too buggy for an official release, but at least now I can tell you, that there indeed is a whole game there that can be played from start to finish if you won’t run into some nasty bug.

It’s a pretty decent game, all in all, despite all the bugs. It isn’t very difficult either. If not for the bugs I guess I could have played it through in 5 or so hours. That said, if they get the game fixed, it should be fun enough for anyone who has been waiting for something in the vein of Space Quest.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

YEeAaaaHhH, AMAZING, ITS FUCKIUNG AMAZING MAN!!!!!!!!!

i couldn’t get myself to go thru, i won’t ruin my experience half baked, I will wait until its fully released, i might even wait for a month or two after its release…. until all the games patches have been released and fixed to fully enjoy my best nostalgia piece of adventure that i would process myself thru my entires life, maybe not just my adventure gaming’s

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top