• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

rtrooney

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

SpaceVenture (The Two Guys from Andromeda) 

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

That’s terrible. Voices like that are becoming a rarity and I can’t think of Space Quest without thinking of Gary Owens calling the player a “real pantload”.

For SpaceVenture, those are incredibly hard shoes to fill. The devs will need someone of his stature.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

thejobloshow - 16 February 2015 07:52 PM

For SpaceVenture, those are incredibly hard shoes to fill. The devs will need someone of his stature.

I ve been posting like nuts the last two days, so please excuse me…

about Gary replacement I am thinking that Scott ‘himself’ would do it, I cant get hold of the material I wanna show you, where at Anastronaut II: The Dark Side (an indie) he mad a guest voice appearance for his character in the game, and it was really cool.
I don’t have the game anymore or I would have recorded and uploaded it, but sorry.

Image Attachments

Anas_Abdin_Scott_Murphy.png

Total Posts: 966

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

The only other voice I could think of is Phil Hartman, and obviously that’s not gonna work. Maybe Billy West in Zapp Branigan mode, but he’s gotta be out of their price range.

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

Latest update mentioning Gary Owens’ passing:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/spaceventure/two-guys-spaceventure-by-the-creators-of-space-que/posts/1144974?ref=dash

Some updates posted to YouTube:

Clucky Bird game

Weldon test

Scrapyard update and meteorite explosion

The Cranepit

A bonus scene

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

That is a nice update, lots of real progress shown, backgrounds are looking good and finished.

Total Posts: 600

Joined 2011-06-07

PM

That music in the video’s seems like a remix between the Superman (1978) and the Police Academy film theme’s.

And that’s also where I’m a bit concerned…..to what extend is this an original game?

It seems to me like it’s the Space Quest sequel they wanted to make but could not….so they patch in a new title and lead character, but much of what is shown sofar, feels very much like a space quest clone to me.

Total Posts: 966

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

Some nice progress, but it still looks a loooong way from complete to my eye. I don’t think we’ll see it this year.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

subbi - 24 February 2015 07:00 AM

It seems to me like it’s the Space Quest sequel they wanted to make but could not….so they patch in a new title and lead character, but much of what is shown sofar, feels very much like a space quest clone to me.

It that wrong? Wasn’t it what was always pitched? A Space quest sequel they could not make.

Frogacuda - 24 February 2015 07:13 AM

Some nice progress, but it still looks a loooong way from complete to my eye. I don’t think we’ll see it this year.

Probably, the areas shown are always the same but at least they completed now, might depend of the length they are going for or if episodic is a possibility.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

It is a bit difficult to tell for sure how much actual progress they’ve done, as they do use those same scenes a lot. It’s clear that they’ve done some great progress on those scenes, but as a whole the project still is a huge question mark for me.

SV was always meant to be a spiritual successor to Space Quest, so it isn’t a wonder the game itself will be taking stuff from same sources when it is laying on space parody.

Total Posts: 600

Joined 2011-06-07

PM

wilco - 24 February 2015 07:19 AM
subbi - 24 February 2015 07:00 AM

It that wrong? Wasn’t it what was always pitched? A Space quest sequel they could not make.

Yes, you’re probably right and no, that is not wrong in itself, though you can argue if that will generate enough interest beyond the nostalgic few (that probably already contributed through Kickstarter).

Similar as with Hero-U, I fear that these kind of projects ever get a decent ROI, especially since they take so long to produce….and therefore relatively costly, as there is no such thing as “working for free”.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

LOL the 1st SV release/download scam [Link deleted due possible harm]

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

Wow, they actually put some effort into the scam.

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Advie - 13 March 2015 07:48 AM

LOL the 1st SV release/download scam

honestly i would take that link off. I dont know for certain that malware is involved, but id wager that its in the download link.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

wise enough, zane

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

I can’t believer we missed the 3 year anniversary of this being launched.

Still waiting ........

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top