• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoSpeedBo

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Tuesday 29 May 2012

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Prisoner of Ice may have had some silly elements, and it may have been inferior to its predecessor, Shadow of the Comet, but the cutscene art was absolutely gorgeous.

Total Posts: 106

Joined 2010-10-27

PM

I think Prisoner of Ice was the first example of “nu-adventure” - short, very linear, with one cursor and very few hotspots, lots of non-interactive scenes and even 3D characters on 2D backgrounds.

All in all - a big letdown for me, since Shadow of the Comet is one of my favourite ags. But the art was very beautiful, that’s true.

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

I should still have this game but I think I never finished it. For a long time I was stuck in a buggy timed sequence but I managed to finally get out of it by changing the graphics settings so that the game ran slower. Then I just don’t remember if I actually got to finish the game. A bit too much horror for my taste anyway, too scary Smile.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 46

Joined 2003-11-23

PM

Wow, the screenshot doesn’t ring any bells at all; if I didn’t know I’d assume it wasn’t from a game I had played. I suppose it must be from

the travel to the future towards the end the game?

If so (and from where else could it be?), then this particular turn of the plot annoyed me. Not only it seemed to have come from nowhere (especially the “Ryan”=“Parker Ian” revelation), but also informed the rather arbitrary ending(s).

But, whatever my reservations about the plot, an impressively atmospheric game all the way through the end, can’t argue that.

This space intentionally left blank.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top