• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoSpeedBo

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The Witcher 3 : Wild Hunt

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Played 2 hours, jaw-droping beautiful and with an impressive scale. Combat seems more responsive and better than W2 but I’ve not really encountered tough enemies.
Perfomance on PC is amazing. Almost no hiccups.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 19 May 2015 11:37 AM

Played 2 hours, jaw-droping beautiful and with an impressive scale. Combat seems more responsive and better than W2 but I’ve not really encountered tough enemies.

Its definitely better than W2 but still farcry from good combat.
I dont know why CDP thinks its better to keep those spinning animations for Geralt.
As soon as i dodge and hit enemies he spins and sometimes spins twice, that latency kills the flow as well as give opening to enemies for quick gang bang.
The armor and weapon variety is sparse.
Dragon age had huge variety of different designs for each class.

Story is excellent, i am really enjoying the animations , NPC and Geralt make hand gestures and facial expressions in conversations unlike any other RPG, great attention to detail.

Ladies of the wood and botchling/Family quest was insanely good in Witcher way.
Heart

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Hi Wilco, what specs does your PC have, and at what graphics setup are you playing the game?

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

SoccerDude28 - 19 May 2015 05:35 PM

Hi Wilco, what specs does your PC have, and at what graphics setup are you playing the game?

PC specs are:

Intel Core i5 4690K
GeForce 970 4GB
8Gb RAM

Playing on High Settings

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

yeah its a really pretty game.
I will say that i decided to turn off the hair physics option, because it clearly adds a significant amount of work on the gpu, and doesn’t make a big difference to me.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Just reached Skillege, beautiful to say the least.
Word of advice, do all the MainQuest missions in Velen and Novigrad first and then embark upon a journey to Skillege.

Total Posts: 53

Joined 2014-06-27

PM

I just finished the prologue in White Orchard, i think i discovered everything there is too see. I did some really great quests like ‘the monster in the well’, those aren’t just contract quests anymore. The storyline is brilliantly written.

I disabled Hairworks so i can run everything on Ultra with my 750ti on 30fps.

The only small thing that bothers me though is that the outdoor environments aren’t that diverse as they were in TW2. Now that i’ve reached the main game, it’s just the same forest/farming village setting all over again. I haven’t seen a jawdropping locale like Flotsam yet in TW3. I’m curious whether Skillege is better in this regard

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

markornikov - 20 May 2015 02:40 AM

I just finished the prologue in White Orchard, i think i discovered everything there is too see. I did some really great quests like ‘the monster in the well’, those aren’t just contract quests anymore. The storyline is brilliantly written.

I disabled Hairworks so i can run everything on Ultra with my 750ti on 30fps.

The only small thing that bothers me though is that the outdoor environments aren’t that diverse as they were in TW2. Now that i’ve reached the main game, it’s just the same forest/farming village setting all over again. I haven’t seen a jawdropping locale like Flotsam yet in TW3. I’m curious whether Skillege is better in this regard

I am missing W2 forests too, like DragonAge’s variety of fantastical forests, W3 misses the chance , or infact had cut it out like this,

Neither graphics are of this level nor i have seen any region with different wide trees/oaks of flotsam (w2) or Emerald Crove (DA).

Here Witcher 2 for comparison.

Even Skillege albeit breathtaking, have same trees and vegetation , only with Snowy cosmetics.

Tongue

Total Posts: 1075

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

Good news for pc :Big patch with 600 changes

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

CDP came out and accepted that its not same game form what was shown, renderer and all.
Also My other point of PC being bad bet against consoles for RoI and big investments.

Thanks to power of Console sales, we are having this level of production quality.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=164677137&postcount=1

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

40+ hours in, and game is still going, CDP explored many different areas of the book and getting all the liberties, loving it.

Will post story discussion comments later, but this has everything i expected and 10 times more in story terms.

As an open world game, CDP has crafted better world than Rockstar and Ubi games in terms of ambition and scope. Huge feat, these Polish people are not small, they are among best. I hope they stick together and don’t disband to publishers.

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

nomadsoul - 22 May 2015 04:52 PM

40+ hours in, and game is still going, CDP explored many different areas of the book and getting all the liberties, loving it.

Wow do you sleep? Tongue

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

SoccerDude28 - 22 May 2015 06:56 PM
nomadsoul - 22 May 2015 04:52 PM

Wow do you sleep? Tongue

I got the game early, only put nighters at weekend, and guess what , i just finished it.Grin

Rest assured, wilco puts more hours in Destiny Tongue

Grin

About Story

I loved almost everything , got goosebumps when Geralt met Ciri after long hard chase and suspenseful back and forth time jumps to tell both Ciri and Geralt Scenarios, it really packed a punch to get the closure i was expecting.But it didnt stop there, they went an extra mile to fight the Hunt and include that in the game.
And then they went another mile to explore whole Elven legends/Scenarios, and made the plot far more deep and interesting. Story wise , its loaded, its epic and its personal.

Love the threesome and how it played out between Yen and Triss.
Yen is Morrigan of this game, far too many similarities , but all the better.
The whole Elven legends and myths/lore felt Dragonage too, but is dealt with far more exposition and character.

WildHunt first battle was Epic and great job in tying all loose ends and final Epic showdown with Hunt/Elves.

Sorcseress lodge, Kings,Crach,Hjalmar, Witches, our own band of Ciri, Yen,Triss and Geralt, amazing characterizations.

Will post review tomorrow, gotta sleep.

Tongue

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

40+ hours in a week or less…

Not sure if that is a healthy lifestyle, something to aspire to or just plain sad.

You need to get out the house more.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

nomadsoul - 21 May 2015 09:25 AM

Also My other point of PC being bad bet against consoles for RoI and big investments.

I have to congratulate you on that spin Thumbs Up
They downgrade the graphics in the game, because the consoles couldn’t handle it even though PC could, and you spin it into PC=Bad Console=Good

You’re sure you are not a politician?

Anyway, I haven’t had a chance to play this yet, but I will most likely pick it up at some point.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top