• News
  • Reviews
  • Games Database
  • Game Discovery
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

willy morgan and the curse of bone town demo

Total Posts: 580

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

Im not sure if any of yall have head of this game, but they just released a demo on steam and I was wondering if any of yall have played it. I have and would love to discuss my thoughts with other gamers.

Total Posts: 2591

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

It looks cool. Will try it out later.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 2325

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

That does look pretty good. I’ll check it out if I have time.

Total Posts: 107

Joined 2017-08-27

PM

Just tried this demo.

The set-up came too fast and was too short. I feel like it needed more then a couple of sentences from Willy along the lines of “Hi, I’m Willy. Oh, this Sudden and Unexpected Thing just happened, so I’m off to an adventure of a lifetime” in the first 60 seconds. What happened was pretty significant, so zero emotions and a simple “Ok, gonna go do it” seemed really rushed.

It also suffers from what I call “silly p’n'c syndrome” which is when a task can be EASILY performed with surrounding items, but the game makes you find a particular one. Even If I will roll with a pretty absurd very first task Willy has to do (the one that demo is built around), getting a wheel from a wardrobe top when there’s a chair in the room, or refusing to pull the plug out of the bathroom because “I don’t want to get wet” (and god forbid, you’d take off a long-sleeve sweater) - all the stuff like that kind of shows you it’s not an upcoming “Game of the Year”. (Might be wrong here though, next thing you know - it has an Aggie. More power to it)

With that being said, I still ended up with an overall positive impression, just not spectacular one. Also, it has a funky visuals style that works well in the world of the game. Overall, I’d be interested to try it further but I won’t track the first day of release.

Did anyone else had a chance to play the demo?

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

DCast - 15 May 2020 10:32 PM

Just tried this demo.

The set-up came too fast and was too short. I feel like it needed more then a couple of sentences from Willy along the lines of “Hi, I’m Willy. Oh, this Sudden and Unexpected Thing just happened, so I’m off to an adventure of a lifetime” in the first 60 seconds. What happened was pretty significant, so zero emotions and a simple “Ok, gonna go do it” seemed really rushed.

It also suffers from what I call “silly p’n'c syndrome” which is when a task can be EASILY performed with surrounding items, but the game makes you find a particular one. Even If I will roll with a pretty absurd very first task Willy has to do (the one that demo is built around), getting a wheel from a wardrobe top when there’s a chair in the room, or refusing to pull the plug out of the bathroom because “I don’t want to get wet” (and god forbid, you’d take off a long-sleeve sweater) - all the stuff like that kind of shows you it’s not an upcoming “Game of the Year”. (Might be wrong here though, next thing you know - it has an Aggie. More power to it)

With that being said, I still ended up with an overall positive impression, just not spectacular one. Also, it has a funky visuals style that works well in the world of the game. Overall, I’d be interested to try it further but I won’t track the first day of release.

Did anyone else had a chance to play the demo?

I agree, i was not very impressed.

Total Posts: 388

Joined 2007-12-29

PM

I thought it looked like it could be fun.  I didn’t like that all there was in the demo was assembling his bike, but, it had fun puzzles. I wish they would have put more in the demo that I could have seen what bone town had to offer. I personally think that they made a bad choice of what to put in the demo.

Total Posts: 2325

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

I must add my disappointment towards the main content of the demo. If this bicycle building puzzle was what the devs thought was a good portrayal of what is to come, I can give it a hard pass.

It’s a shame really, as I do like how the game looks, but this demo didn’t leave the best impression as a whole.

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

tomimt - 18 May 2020 01:18 PM

I must add my disappointment towards the main content of the demo. If this bicycle building puzzle was what the devs thought was a good portrayal of what is to come, I can give it a hard pass.

It’s a shame really, as I do like how the game looks, but this demo didn’t leave the best impression as a whole.

Yep great premise for a story, but i hated the puzzles, and voice acting. Also the animations were wonky. Graphics were great though.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Close