• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Hint Requests & Technical Problems → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Blade Runner - first runner looking around out of clues

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2020-01-13

PM

I’ve just discovered this game thanks to ScummVM re-release on GOG.

Skip the next paragraph if you don’t enjoy personal stories.

Making the first run amazed by the game’s atmosphere and authenticity and I believe I got stuck. Or better said I don’t know what am I missing to have the story move on. In all previous cases like this I would normally made a quick Google voice assistant search for Blade runner game walkthrough and made it move immediately. But this time I feel like it’s a special perfect occasion and it would be very appropriately matching if I decided for a new approach - the slow-paced and more lively, challenging approach. Like I always watched various people post on forums asking questions they could have figured out quick answers for if they only tried… or googled for an actual answer. But they wanted to interact with people who walked in their path before and nostalgically envy those who are experiencing this for the first time unveiling the unknown and mysterious. So before someone responds I still have time to continue and look around trying to figure it out on my own - which may happen. But I hope someone will respond after all.

Basically I investigated the first crime scene and all other rooms of the accessible areas of game in the beginning, possibly finding all hot-spots for clicking. Depleted all conversations with all NPS, inspected details of face and license plate on pictures restored from destroyed camera, retrieved all laboratory results and that’s it. What’s next? Feeding dog, sleeping, target practicing but I’m still out of further clues.

Could you give me a brief bullet summary of the key accomplishments required for the very first assignment please?

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

There are two clues which will lead to the next place after the crime scene (china town), one is enough tho; if i remember correctly; 1.The Chopsticks 2.Camera View of a restaurant’s box from China Town.. once you are there and do what is needed you will progress to day2.

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2020-01-13

PM

Thanks Advie, looks like my first game bugged because I’ve launched another one from my work laptop and went straight to Chinatown where the chef chase scene immediately occured. This scene would never start on my first run on home PC - any conversation attempt goes to “Stay around, I might ask something later.”
Is it possible my first run bugged out? Is something like this common for the game?

I recall the first time around at the beginning I ordered the cop to interview bystanders only on the way out of a shop as the first natural thing for me was to go inside first. The second time around I ordered the cop to interview bystanders before going inside and after going out he would give me some clues from bystanders which didn’t occur the first time around. Upon returning to the scene all were dismissed so I couldn’t get their clues. Is it possible this got me into dead end? Are there points of no returns like this in the game?

I feel like I may screw something because I shot a hobo at dumpster and also shot the chef running at me at my apartment roof before knowing what would happen if I did not. Also I shot the asian assaulting me with katana as obvious self defense but I got mouthed afterwards like if I screwed. Don’t feel very confident with this.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

there are no dead-ends at BR, miracle.flame, there are good ending(s) and bad ending(s), and even this (good&bad;) is still relevant to what you think is good or bad.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Hint Requests & Technical Problems → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top