• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

New Release: Zak McKracken - Hot Coffee

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2014-09-26

PM

Zak McKracken goes looking for Hot Coffee (in several wrong places) is a classic point and click adventure game. It is a sequel to Zak McKracken and the Alien Mindbenders, set right before the events of the fan game Zak McKracken - Between Time and Space.

https://ogni-xr21.itch.io/zak-mckracken-goes-looking-for-hot-coffee-in-several-wrong-places

A classic point and click adventure game that pays homage to the LucasArts adventure games of the 80s and 90s.

Development began as a test project to get to know the Visionaire engine but it slowly took on a life of it’s own. Originally building on assets from the fan game Zak McKracken - Between Time and Space, adding new animations, several new locations,  and reworking the interface.

Supported languages are English and German.

It’s a labour of love, I hope you enjoy playing it as much as I did making it.

Total Posts: 330

Joined 2017-08-15

PM

This looks like it could be fun.

Ogni - 21 December 2019 04:25 AM

A classic point and click adventure game that pays homage to the LucasArts adventure games of the 80s and 90s.

Just to be the annoying guy, LucasArts didn’t make any games in the 80s.

(Lucasfilm did, however)

Tongue

Member of the NAALCB - (North American Anti- Lobster Cop Brigade) since 2019.

Joined 2014-09-26

PM

Donuts McGee - 21 December 2019 04:56 AM

This looks like it could be fun.

Ogni - 21 December 2019 04:25 AM

Just to be the annoying guy, LucasArts didn’t make any games in the 80s.

(Lucasfilm did, however)

Tongue

I’m aware, I had actually written Lucasfilm Games at first. But since I’m not using a 9-verb interface but a “coin” one LucasArts seemed more fitting.

Total Posts: 330

Joined 2017-08-15

PM

Ogni - 21 December 2019 05:00 AM

But since I’m not using a 9-verb interface

May I ask why not? When Zak McKracken comes to mind, the verb interface usually goes with it, and I imagine that applies to most of the game’s fans.

No judgements, just curious.

Member of the NAALCB - (North American Anti- Lobster Cop Brigade) since 2019.

Joined 2014-09-26

PM

Donuts McGee - 21 December 2019 05:08 AM
Ogni - 21 December 2019 05:00 AM

But since I’m not using a 9-verb interface

May I ask why not? When Zak McKracken comes to mind, the verb interface usually goes with it, and I imagine that applies to most of the game’s fans.

No judgements, just curious.

The fan game this is based on (Zak McKracken - Between Time and Space) was originally released with a 9-verb interface back in 2008, in 4:3 aspect ratio. We later released a directors cut updated to 16:9, along with a revised interface. In 4:3 a verb interface at the bottom worked fine, but in 16:9 it just takes up to much vertical space. It was also one of the things the 2008 version got the most flak for.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top