• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissieIronCretinJdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Fran Bow 4th Anniversary Giveaway

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2008-07-31

PM

For me, I think it is the immersion through interactivity that makes me love adventure games.  Like a book, an adventure game needs a good story, but to me, a game draws you in more than a book.  You are travelling “with” the main character, but at the same time you “are” them in a sense.  The player decides if the character rushes in pursuit of his/her goals or stops to try and touch and think about everything they see.  When the player solves puzzles, there is a duality of doing it both for themselves and for the character.  The player’s successes and failures are the main characters and vice versa.  For the short amount of time that the game plays, I find myself becoming invested in a character and a world that I had not imagined and one that the developers have allowed me to step into for a bit.  I have been playing adventure games for a long time, but I still get that excitement as a game opens and I step into a different world wondering who I am going to be today.

Joined 2019-08-20

PM

Hello Killmonday team! Thank you so much for this giveaway, Fran Bow will forever hold a special place in my heart!

The aspects of adventure games that i enjoy most are story and the characters. A good story and relatable characters really draw me in to a game and keep me interested to play to the end.

Much love to you guys, you work very hard and i look forward to future games Heart

Joined 2019-08-20

PM

Love Fran! My favorite part is exploring and finding all the hidden things.

Joined 2019-08-20

PM

wowie, Fran Bow’s 4th anniversary… you guys sure have come a long way, huh? i think that what makes a good adventure game is the adventure itself. like the saying goes, “Its not the destination, but the journey itself worth adventuring for.” the places you go, the people you meet, and the crazy antics you may find yourself in. as long as it’s fun, it’s a worth while adventure.

happy anniversary, bros~

Joined 2019-08-20

PM

The adventure games i like the most are creeapy point and click games and that makes Fran Bow one of my favorite games,you guys did a really good job with that game.

And a thing i did not know before was that your studio is quite close to me so every time I go moped to my grandmother i usually look into the display window and think it is so neat.

Joined 2019-08-20

PM

Hello. Thank you for making a beautiful game and congrats on the new one. Can´t wait for it Smile

I´m not much of a gamer but when I do make the choice to play a game it´s usually and adventure game. That´s how I discovered Fran Bow. What I love about them is their option to remain very simple without it getting in the way of the story. The story is the most intriguing part of gaming for me and nowadays it often gets overlooked in favor of flashy action scenes and realistic graphics. Adventure games don´t really benefit from those things. All they need is a story to become a cult classic.

Thanks for making one of my favorite games of all time and here is to many more Thumbs Up

Peace and love out Happy!

Total Posts: 46

Joined 2016-06-14

PM

Happy 4th anniversary Fran Bow. I have yet to play this game but I have heard great things about it. Pasted below is my favorite aspect of adventure games.

I love the puzzles but the traditional type use items on people, places, or things to solve not the kind of puzzles you would find in a game like The 7th Guest. I’m talking about stuff like use the rubber chicken with a pulley in the middle to swing across to the other side or to use an example from a Sierra game use the custard pie on the Yeti. It always makes me feel really smart when I figure something out without a walkthrough but I do love a game with an online help feature like Thimbleweed Park so if I get stumped I can consult it.

“You fight like a dairy farmer” - Secret of Monkey Island
“you always were a kidder Steve” - Harvester
“hello bright eyes” - Blackwell Legacy
“feeling lonely” - The 7th Guest

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Jabod - 20 August 2019 05:30 AM

Anyone noticing something slightly unusual about this thread?  Smile

It wouldn’t be the first time people have joined the forum just for the chance of a freeby but in this case it seems pointless as you only need to send an email….....although if you create multiple accounts to post here it would give you more chance of winning the giveaway wouldn’t it?  Naughty

Joined 2019-08-20

PM

Hey!

I think that adventure games are very special and they give you best experiense ever.

In my opinion people often play games to get away from reality, trick your brain and make you feel that you’re the part of the game and everything that hapenning is real. And good adventure game will make you believe that you’re a part of a game even if you don’t want that.

However, I think best asprects of such games are: Open world(or an illusion of that),
the story that creator tells you throughout the game, characters, freedom of action and music.

Open world makes you plunge into incredible fictional world and tells the story of the game. Good example of it in Fran Bow is “Ithersta”. I think this part of a game is the best.

The charactes are everything in an adventure game and Fran Bow is a great example of it. Obviously there’s a main character, but in Fran Bow you always surrounded by other important for story characters, ALWAYS. At the beginning Mr. Midnight, then Dr. Deern, next that funny big insect Antonio, Clara and Mia and I’m stopping here, because there’s Ithersta and ther’re so so so many characters in it.

Freedom of action isn’t always real, it’s just you can go whenever you want and talk to some minor characters. But in some games you can affect how charcters relate to you, how they talk to you. You can even change the ending. In Fran Bow there’s some of that. There are no explicit tasks in the game creator forces you to do. Usually if you have to do something you are asked by character(For example, when The Great Wizard asks you to solve riddles).Also, you can choose replyes, they won’t affect on the next dialoge but it creates some feel of freedom.

Music in adventure games is just some magical thing. In Fran Bow music is just perfect, when it’s darkness and fear music makes you feel sad, worry for the characters. When it’s magical and lit, music enhances the effect and make you feel that atmosphere. Again, Ithersta is a great example of that. I don’t know how many times I listened to “Let’s start over”, “The King of Ithersta” and “Ithersta Green”. THEY ARE ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE, THANK YOU ISAK SO MUCH FOR CREATING IT.

Well, that’s it. I also want to congratulate you on the anniversary. Your game gives me so much insparation as to a game developer and I’m so thankfull. Also thank you for your old youtube videos, again, so inspirational. 2 people created such an amazing game. Thank you for reading this, good luck!

Joined 2019-08-20

PM

Alongside with the importance of the story, the artwork of course! The artstyle and how things are animated and altered when you interact with them - this was one of my favorite things in Fran Bow, not only was the artstyle beautiful, but the option to completely change the scenery when clicking the pill bottle, I loved that so much. It was more than just a quick mechanic used once or twice to make a puzzle work or something you don’t think much about after you did it, it was completely embedded into the story and added so much more character to the game. It was so creepy & dark, also loved seing youtubers react to when they clicked the bottle for the first time Grin

Joined 2019-08-20

PM

I love Fran bow and would love to be entered in the giveaway!! My favorite aspect about adventures games are that the story are great.

Joined 2019-08-20

PM

I don’t think there’s any kinds of game i love more than adventure games, i just love exploring.

fran bow is definitely one of my favorit games because it’s “cute” “horror” and very much an adventure game. 

still play it at least once a year haha, can’t wait for more games from you c:

Joined 2019-08-20

PM

Fran Bow is one of my favorite games, I can’t believe it’s been 4 years!

My favorite aspect of adventure games is without a doubt the story, for me I love good stories, a little scary and with mystery that make you want to continue playing and exploring without stopping! The good characters certainly also like me a lot, when you empathize with them it is very cool and makes you enter the game even more. And as last for me, the visual aspect of the game makes me want to play it and enjoy it even more, I think if my eyes like it, my heart also has hahaha.
And I can’t wait to play Little Missfortune! Hugs Heart

Total Posts: 460

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

chrissie - 20 August 2019 10:17 AM
Jabod - 20 August 2019 05:30 AM

Anyone noticing something slightly unusual about this thread?  Smile

It wouldn’t be the first time people have joined the forum just for the chance of a freeby but in this case it seems pointless as you only need to send an email….....although if you create multiple accounts to post here it would give you more chance of winning the giveaway wouldn’t it?  Naughty

Multiple accounts would get spotted quite quickly.

This thread is being pointed to by an article on site as well, so higher traffic isn’t a surprise, but if our new registrants do fancy joining in other discussions, that would be cool *nudge nudge*

Now Playing: Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, Baldur’s Gate 3, Alan Wake Remastered, Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
Recently Completed: Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy, Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth, Silent Hill: The Short Message, Under the Waves, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, Control: Ultimate Edition
Anticipating: Beyond Good and Evil 2
Backing: Asylum

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Oops! Sorry for being so suspicious & yes hopefully new members might join in with some of the forum threads.  Smile

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top