• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Best AG Sound Track… (Ok .. apart of Riven’s)

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

it is just always subconsciously , i might not notice while playing an adventure that the Sound Track playing is what is Grabbing me in ,and surly adding much good to the Game than the gameplaying itself (sometimes), and i also might not notice that the 1st time i Try one, but later every time i Load that Game and start to listen to the Music accompanied i feel instantly like i am already satisfied .

i can not remember much Games that would fit that description, as it hard to remember a piece music or sound tracks in general…

But apart from Riven’s which is out of the discussion , i think everyone played it knows hows great its sound ! (i sometimes play Riven Tracks on the tube and enjoy them as much i enjoyed my Experience with it (The Game) all the same.

I can put my hand on something i finished not so long ago; Moment of Silence which has a unique modern sound Track hard to find in almost all the Adventures, as most adventures tend to maintain sorta of Classic music as a Sound Track!

i also remember Art of Murder had some memorable music ,even more interesting than the game itself sometimes.

Whispered World and New Beginning had that Minor/Sad themes which got into my ears and stayed a while there after i finished them for days .

i dont recall much else’s (which is sad since im a musician) but Nightlong(finished lately) had that electronic memorable sound track, and if i remember correctly Blade Runner and Perry Rhodan had the same kind of Sound Tracks , which seems/means that i am attracted to all those Sci-Fi Music/SoundTracks for some reason.

i would never say this or that was the best Sound Track, unless i am willing to sit back and replay most of the games i remember or at least try to find their Sound Tracks on the tube and recall… but anyways i would love to hear some reminders or suggestions of a Best/Great Sound Track For an Adventure . 

Total Posts: 86

Joined 2003-09-21

PM

I absolutely love Normand Corbeil’s score for Heavy Rain, especially Before the Storm and Redemption. Dark and atmospheric, setting the scene with an expert precision. The best kind of music, in my opinion—creating a subtle ambience while being memorable at the same time. Iconic stuff.

I’ve got to say, I can’t wait until Quantic Dreams next game!

Right or wrong, weak or strong.

Total Posts: 51

Joined 2011-07-11

PM

I just love OST for Dune - better then most of the proper albums I heard.
Spice Opera, Revelation

Sanitarium also suprised me with quite memorable music (The Innocent Abandoned). Another choice would be Quest for Glory IV (Theme, Erana’s Garden). And if you mentioned sci-fi/cyberpunk, you should definitely listen to DreamWeb OST (The Deliverer, Main Theme).

And some well known games for its music as Neverhood, GK2, Grim Fandango, Day of the Tentacle, Scratches… adventure games surely have a lot of great soundtracks Smile

Currently playing: Ever 17, The Space Bar

Total Posts: 2978

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Apart Riven? That’s a difficult choice….
I think Grim Fandango was the one I enjoyed most.
However, I do have in high regards the music from Myst 3, The Dark Eye, The Whispered World, Murder in the Abbey and Machinarium. There are surely many others I forget…does Loom count? Grin

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Has to be Grim Fandango for me. The music is just about perfect in every section of the game.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 932

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

Gabriel Knight 3. Grabs a hold from the beginning of the opening theme, and then goes on in the game to paint the world by itself.

Grim Fandango is good too Smile

Total Posts: 600

Joined 2011-06-07

PM

Gabriel Knight 3 and Grim Fandango have suberb soundtracks.
But also the the two other Gabriel Knights were top notch, especially GK 2, with some fantastic emotional and eerie music composed by Robert Holmes.

I also liked The Longest Journey (first one) a lot.

Joined 2003-09-21

PM

I agree, The Longest Journey had an excellent OST.

I particularly loved The Road Back, April’s future uncertain but still all kinds of epic—leaving you wanting more in the good sort of way. I’m pretty sure The Storm and the Sea almost single handedly convinced me to buy the game after hearing it in the demo as well. Leon Willett’s Dreamfall score wasn’t too shabby either, The Hospital Room setting the tone nicely right from the start. Gabriel Knight 3 goes without saying. Tongue

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

i have been listening to GK Sound Track Theme All day, i know that Jane is a Musician did she had to do anything with the composing of this Classical Theme of the Game ,

and doesn’t it remind anyone of Beethoven’s Symphony No.5 ?

Edit: I found out it was composed by Jane’s Husband Holmes.

Total Posts: 120

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

Why has nobody mentioned Curse of Monkey Island??

I’m on a whole new adventure.
Growing a mustache?
No. Bigger than that.
A beard?!?

Total Posts: 17

Joined 2007-06-06

PM

I know it’s not the most popular game, but I still maintain that Kings Quest 8: Mask of Eternity has some of the best music in any game.

Yes, Gabriel Knight 3 has excellent music. I just finished replaying that game recently, and every bit of music fits the mood perfectly.

Total Posts: 106

Joined 2010-10-27

PM

I agree on Gabriel Knight games. Although my favourite is probably Sins of the Fathers music. It is darker and just more varied.

The Dig, Zork Nemesis and Dreamweb all have that deep sci-fi/mystical ambient I love so much.

In The Neverhood, Grim Fandango and Tex Murphy series the stylized soundtrack is almost part of the game.

Death Gate has a great and really fitting fantasy/medieval soundtrack. No wonder, since it was designed by a musician.

And of course Omikron: The Nomad Soul I played recently. The main theme haunted me for years after I saw the demo, and it turns out the game is full of wonderful tunes. And of David Bowie, of course. He fits perfectly in the futuristic environment.

BTW, Omikron is not even in the AG database. It really should be.

Total Posts: 97

Joined 2011-03-06

PM

I 100% agree with Heavy Rain and Dreamfall, and I also enjoyed music from GK1. I would add Indigo Prophecy/Farenheit, too.

Currently Playing: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes;
Currently Re-Playing: Culpa Innata

Recently Finished: Secret Files: Puritas Cordis, Art of Murder: Hunt for the Puppeteer, Dear Esther

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Classic PC Adventure Game Music

I found that on the Tube, brings nice memorable old classic (Midi Recordings) themes back to my ears

Total Posts: 119

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

As others have said, Grim Fandango, Heavy Rain, Indigo Prophecy, and the Gabriel Knight series are definitely great soundtracks.  I’ll also throw in The Last Express.

Joined 2003-09-21

PM

I particularly like (I Always Kill) The Things I Love from the L.A. Noire soundtrack, took a little while to warm to but now it’s one of the most played songs in iTunes for me—added a whole lot to the realism of Cole’s world.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top