• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissieJdawg445KeybordzSpeedBozobraks

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Evil Within 1 & 2

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

My most wanted title , cannot wait and the trailer is HYPE!

Edit:

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Shinji Mikami!! Cry Sealed Lips

Hope this is successful for Bethesda and they keep funding games like these

Total Posts: 419

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

Based on what they’ve shown so far I feel like it could go either way. Another generic actiongame (a police officer shooting through hordes of zombies while chasing a bad guy in a hood) or the next landmark in Survival Horror (the scene where he is wounded and being chased by a leatherface imitator is pretty cool). Either way it feels like The Last of Us goes horror. Hopefully it will be good, time will tell.

NP: A Link Between Worlds, Beneath a Steel Sky and Vampyr

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

wilco - 09 April 2014 10:25 AM

Just wish its success would bring back the Dark Corners of the Earth.

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Monolith - 09 April 2014 01:13 PM
wilco - 09 April 2014 10:25 AM

Just wish its success would bring back the Dark Corners of the Earth.

Bethesda seems to have right mindset in current scenario.
They get the shit right, new IPs,Singleplayer support etc.

Great read, solid points

http://www.destructoid.com/bethesda-versus-freemium-multiplayer-sequels-251674.phtml

In the mainstream market space, Bethesda remains something of an anomaly. In a way, its recent library of lengthy solo role-playing games and linear, narrative-driven first-person shooters may look old fashioned, even archaic. Its bread and butter is a stable of games rooted in the past of the industry—its established franchises are venerable, its new ones informed by the design of past generations. In a world where every other publisher is grasping at the new in total uniformity, however, Bethesda’s seasoned approach comes off as positively fresh.

pete hines

“People like fun games. They have games they like to play by themselves, they have games they like to play with others. Every game doesn’t have to be all things to all people. And so the Skyrims and Fallout 3s and Bioshock Infinites and Walking Deads of the world aren’t going anywhere. Just stop already.”

“With a game like Dishonored, you’re talking about a talented, experienced developer like Arkane, with two industry vets—Raf and Harvey—leading the project, and they’re making the kind of game they know and love; a game they’d always wanted to make, but never had the chance”

Henke - 09 April 2014 01:12 PM

Based on what they’ve shown so far I feel like it could go either way. Another generic actiongame (a police officer shooting through hordes of zombies while chasing a bad guy in a hood) or the next landmark in Survival Horror (the scene where he is wounded and being chased by a leatherface imitator is pretty cool). Either way it feels like The Last of Us goes horror. Hopefully it will be good, time will tell.

Bolded the part above for you and thats the catch, we need fix even it wasnt
mikami title, people are craving for decent Japan made horror.
And i am satisfied with the range of monster design and art direction.

Of all the comments i read on internet, gamers are comparing it to RE4, Silenthill,
eternal darkness.

And one more thing Last of us is inspired by RE4 and Ico. Tongue

“We always wanted to take the character building and interaction, look at something as far back as Ico, and blend it with the tension and action of Resident Evil 4.  Our game doesn’t feel like either of those, but those have bits and pieces of what we wanted to do.”

Mikami is not called Father of survival horror for nothing Grin

Total Posts: 419

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

Guess I have to come clean and confess that I think Resident Evil is as bland as it gets. Although I only played the first two. I think that the Alone In The Dark games had already made the same thing but slightly better and then the Silent Hill games took the whole concept to a new level.

But I’m still hoping Evil Within will blow me away.

NP: A Link Between Worlds, Beneath a Steel Sky and Vampyr

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

PAX footage previews are out and opinions are divisive

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/environmental-horror-in-the-evil-within/1100-6418920/

http://www.polygon.com/2014/4/11/5606228/the-evil-within-demo-pax-east

Sounds like there are elements of RE4 and resource management too.

Game will be intense at harder levels.

Hope the footage leaks

Total Posts: 12

Joined 2012-08-29

PM

I’m mostly avoiding reading too much of journalists’ commentary about this one.  Call me irrational, but I have a good feeling about it.  It seems to have that distinctive “Japanese touch,” for lack of a better way of putting it.

Also, I think I will probably enjoy the experience of playing it much more if I don’t read indulgent critical ranting about this or that feature on, say, RockPaperShotgun beforehand.

Anyway, it’s cool to see people on AdventureGamers excited about this title, too :-).

Edit:  I have watched the trailers and official gameplay footage, though, and those are looking pretty awesome.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Colster - 12 April 2014 04:02 AM

It seems to have that distinctive “Japanese touch,” for lack of a better way of putting it.

Also, I think I will probably enjoy the experience of playing it much more

Oh yes and Western press love pissing on japanese game designs.
They shat on MGrising, godhand, killer7 and Vanquish didnt get the attention it deserved.
So it doesnt carry much weight, will be getting it Day1.

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

Colster - 12 April 2014 04:02 AM

I’m mostly avoiding reading too much of journalists’ commentary about this one.  Call me irrational, but I have a good feeling about it.  It seems to have that distinctive “Japanese touch,” for lack of a better way of putting it.

Also, I think I will probably enjoy the experience of playing it much more if I don’t read indulgent critical ranting about this or that feature on, say, RockPaperShotgun beforehand.

Anyway, it’s cool to see people on AdventureGamers excited about this title, too :-).

Edit:  I have watched the trailers and official gameplay footage, though, and those are looking pretty awesome.

Nah, that Japanese Touch would be adding scores to every fight with a grade letter and score board. Tongue

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Worthless previews… It’s survival-horror, was the press expecting Uncharted action pieces?  although the game can still turn out bad

Shifty Eyed

Even Silent Hill 2 would get bad press now! “Boring game, you just walk in the middle of the fog”

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 12 April 2014 02:44 PM

Worthless previews… It’s survival-horror, was the press expecting Uncharted action pieces?  although the game can still turn out bad

Shifty Eyed

Even Silent Hill 2 would get bad press now! “Boring game, you just walk in the middle of the fog”

Hitman got great previews awards and later treated like shit, titanfall was like
next big thing of shooters, Infamous gave competition and Tfall is dud in sales
for Ea and M$, so previews are just that.

I know Mikamis intention , just need polished game, tight polish all around , thats all.

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

wilco - 12 April 2014 02:44 PM

Shifty Eyed

Surely it would get the “Walking Simulator” tag on steam.

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

nomadsoul - 11 April 2014 11:03 PM

This is the kind of view I prefer in my games Yum
Too bad it is survival horror, I just don’t have the nerves for it.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Good news it will be tough nut at higher levels of difficulty Grin, so PAX demo was false
alarm.

For mainstream publishers, hard games come with a risk: no one wants to alienate potential customers. That’s why you’re seeing more and more titles automatically adjust to your abilities, says Mikami.

“For me, it’s generally better to have a difficulty setting that automatically adjusts to the individual player’s level,” he says. “This is because the average player clears a game and doesn’t play it again.”
The game features the usual Casual, Normal and Hard difficulty levels, but for gamers who really want to challenge themselves, The Evil Within will offer Akumu mode (“Worst dream” in Japanese).

“People who can clear Akumu mode will definitely want to brag about it as it requires a high level of mental ability as well as technical ability,” says Mikami. “To me, survival horror requires both.”

https://games.yahoo.com/blogs/plugged-in/revenge-hard-video-game-213154042.html

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Hand on impressions embargo lifitng on May 27th ,

Some leaks

So gooooood Smile

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top