• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

apignarb

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Bioshock - Burial At Sea

Total Posts: 189

Joined 2010-06-26

PM

I know, I know. The Bioshock games are primarily first person shooters. However, over the years they’ve grown into something so much more with the story, setting and characters being a huge part of it. In this years Bioshock Infinite the first hour of the game had absolutely no combat in at all was all about exploration, story and intrigue and the DLC “Burial at Sea” seems to expand on this kind of gameplay. So hopefully the adventure gamers that you are will all be excited about the DLC too. According to previews of the game the first half will mostly involve investigation work and exploration of pre-fall Rapture. All very exciting Smile

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

Also, keep in mind that the people who worked on DLC for Bioshock 2 went on to make the phenomenal adventure game, Gone Home, which came out a few months ago so the series is clearly interested in transcending FPS conventions.

I’m pretty excited for this and it will be good to hunt for those smaller details once I get into the game.

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

Bioshock. Spiritual Successor to System Shock, a Action/Adventure Horror RPG with emphasis on Adventure and RPG.

Who knew? lol

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Actually, I assume that many here are like me and play all types of games. If I were making a game I’d make it like Bioshock - lots of everything for everybody.

I have the first Bioshock and loved it, I’ll have to pick up this one and the DLC as well.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

Still think System Shock was more Adventure than Bioshock but that was a time when absolute exploration and dead ends were considered fun. (I still think they’re fun though)

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

System Shock was a great game too and yes, it was more an adventure game than this one.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Looks like a dud
http://kotaku.com/bioshock-infinites-new-expansion-bites-off-more-than-i-1462061030

Unfortunately, the design of the whole thing is paper-thin, and mostly serves to emphasize the fact that BioShock Infinite was designed to be a first-person shooter and little else. There’s no way to sneak, no way to chat or deceive, and no inventory to speak of. On the surface, the sequence is precisely the kind of thing I wanted more of in Infinite, but while I applaud Burial at Sea’s designers for attempting to give us something beyond shoot-loot-shoot-shloot, the opening chapter is mostly a tease for a game that Infinite’s trigger-happy underpinnings can’t support.

Will wait for GOTY edition.

http://www.gametrailers.com/reviews/rp631j/bioshock-infinite—burial-at-sea-dlc-review

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

This is 14.99€?!? What?
I thought it would priced 8€ or something…

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Well Ep2 is getting good reponse, seems like kenlevine has pulled another narrative
ace.

And new gameplay(1998 mode) and style that harks back to Thief 1 and 2 = auto win.

Cant wait to finish it.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Amazing twisting story, what we thought of BS1 and Infinite was not the full picture,
new revelations and great gameplay change. Best DLC after Dishonored.

Ep2
9/10.

Great way to tie up all the characters of Bioshock world.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top