• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoSpeedBo

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Tex Murphy on Kickstarter

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

Morlocks, fine. Smile Just get rid of the Golf and Orchestra and give us more Morlocks.

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Total Posts: 23

Joined 2011-01-07

PM

Fien - 14 June 2012 12:10 PM

Morlocks, fine. Smile Just get rid of the Golf and Orchestra and give us more Morlocks.

I can do without the golf but many are pledging up for it as they really enjoy that, I will enjoy it if it has more funny Tex dialogue or other theming. Because of the cinematic aspect I will enjoy the live orchestra as seen in some memorable film scores Smile Thats not to say all-digital isn’t awesome too, but I think putting aside direct comparison of a song that was already made by an orchestra and then recreated digitally, a difference may come in production whilst the music is still being molded. In that the composer may go through a different creative process when directing multiple musicians. I say that as someone who even enjoys 8-bit chiptunes though. Grin

Also I really would like those extra locations, characters, gameplay etc. outside of Chandler Avenue that add to the overall story. Chandler Avenue is awesome but the Tex Murphy series goes to so many other places too. Smile

Ammendment to the raffle thing after feedback (in latest update):

Tex Memorabilia Drawing

There have been some issues brought to our attention since we first announced we will be giving away Tex memorabilia to backers of the campaign. We have amended some of the qualification to be more inclusive of everyone who has donated.

1)    Everyone who has pledged at least $15 gets a chance at winning a piece of Tex memorabilia.

2)    Anyone who upgrades their pledge by $15 from the time UPDATE 34 was launched has a chance at winning an upgrade to the $1,000 tier. 3 people in total will win an upgraded tier. If you are selected and have already pledged at the $1,000 tier, you will receive one of the Tex memorabilia pieces.

Because there have been some changes - we will draw the names of the winners on Thursday, June 21 and contact you through Kickstarter. You will have one week to respond to the email to claim your prize!

Also Google+ hangout livestream coming up for the final countdown.

Tex Murphy - Project Fedora. A new Adventure Game with Adventure Game with Noir Detective and Sci-Fi themes upcoming.

Total Posts: 7

Joined 2012-05-25

PM

Get rid of the Orchestra!!! NO WAY!!! now… Morlocks…, bring them on like zombies… L4D style Wink

Joined 2011-01-07

PM

Newguru - 14 June 2012 12:37 PM

Get rid of the Orchestra!!! NO WAY!!! now… Morlocks…, bring them on like zombies… L4D style Wink

I’m hoping more for it to be like stealth missions to get past the dangerous mutants and reach heavily mutated informants who live in the dark underbelly and can give extra leads on cases. Beek Nariz was a severely mutated Mutant informant with an elephant face in Under A Killing Moon for example who is described as living in the shadows where he can get inside info.

Tex Murphy - Project Fedora. A new Adventure Game with Adventure Game with Noir Detective and Sci-Fi themes upcoming.

Joined 2012-05-25

PM

SAi, me also…. I was just kidding!! I’m all for stealth… heck… Tex is all for stealth… Smile

Total Posts: 966

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

After a brisk nap - 14 June 2012 11:48 AM

Since you have to pledge (minimum $15) in order to be entered into the prize drawing, I don’t see how it’s fundamentally different from a reward. Here’s the text of the Lilly Looking Through update that Kickstarter determined to be against their rules:

A Chance to WIN some Goggles

Regardless of reaching the stretch goal of $36,000, anyone pledging $25 or MORE will automatically be entered into our “Goggles Giveaway” drawing. After the Kickstarter campaign is done, we will record a video of ourselves drawing the name of the lucky winner of the goggles pictured below. (Thanks to our backer Celeste Barczewska for giving us the idea!)

The Kickstarter guidelines simply say:

Prohibited content. There are some things we just don’t allow on Kickstarter.

Contests (entry fees, prize money, within your project to encourage support, etc)
Raffles, lotteries, and sweepstakes

They also say they don’t allow projects endorsing a political campaign, but there have been several Ron Paul-related Kickstarters. I think it’s kind of at their discretion, and I trust that they have gone to lengths to clear everything.

You notice that the mention of raffles in that context does specify cash prizes, which can legally be considered a lottery, where this is mostly just memorabilia and nonsense swag that doesn’t have a lot of cash value to anyone but a hardcore Tex fan.

Joined 2011-01-07

PM

Newguru - 14 June 2012 02:02 PM

SAi, me also…. I was just kidding!! I’m all for stealth… heck… Tex is all for stealth… Smile

Haha I see. Yeah stealth would be cool. Though Tex IS a bit clumsy, I guess he might kick a bucket accidentally and then kick the bucket literally.  Wink Still i think it’d fit really well and tracking down and seeing Beek Nariz again would be fun!

Joined 2012-05-25

PM

Fresh news:
from the Joystiq article…
http://www.joystiq.com/2012/06/14/te…v-in-a-cg-age/
“One more familiar facet that could make its way into Project Fedora is the voice of James Earl Jones as The Big PI in the Sky – but only if the Kickstarter raises 30 percent more than its goal, which places the bar at $585,000. If that happens, Jones and Conners will approach James Earl Jones about reprising his role. “We’d love to have him,” Jones (the higher-pitched one) says.”
So GUYS, 130 % COULD ALSO BRING US JAMES FREAKIN’ EARL JONES…!

Joined 2012-05-25

PM

Joined 2011-01-07

PM

Regarding the earleir discussion about whether the raffle will be allowed:

Hi Everyone,

Thank you for your patience. We contacted Kickstarter and they were very understanding to our situation and our misunderstanding. The Tex Murphy - Memorabilia giveaway will continue as intended. We had a great day today and can’t wait to finish out the last 30 hours!

Tune into our “Countdown” broadcast on our Kickstarter page! Aaron Conners, Adrian Carr, Chris Jones, Doug Vandegrift and others from the Big Finish team will be there. It begins at 9:00pm MDT on Friday, June 15.

Also as mentioned above the conditions for entering the raffle has been changed in responce to the feedback:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/texmurphy/tex-murphy-project-fedora/posts/246916

Joined 2011-01-07

PM

Project Fedora has successfully reached the 130% goal (with PayPal and Kickstarter funds combined)!! This means another expansion of the story (including puzzles, gameplay, locations and characters), expanding Chandler Avenue more with a very dark and dangerous part inhabitated by those so severely mutated they are known as “Morlocks”, Golf Cafe on Chandler Avenue with in-game golf game and a Live Orchestra for the games’ music.

Yay!

Any funding between 130-135% or more will go to further expanding the gameplay with more content, further opportunities for casting recognizable actors (James Earl Jones will be approached for example) plus a Tex Murphy-themed musical number.

There is still time to enter the raffle for rare Tex Memorabilia. By request of Kickstarter staff they will be contacting winners through Big Finish – not Kickstarter:
http://www.bigfinishgames.com/tex-memorabilia-drawing

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

And done!

I would never have believed that Tex Murphy would be able to get over $600,000 (including the Paypal pledges) on Kickstarter. There’s a passionate fanbase, obviously (the average pledge is a crazy $86!), but the campaign was also masterfully conducted by Chris Jones and Aaron Conners, who pretty much did everything right.

I still find it hard to realize that we’re getting a new Tex Murphy game after all these years. It makes me tremendously happy (I’m just laughing like an idiot in front of my computer right now). Smile

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Yah now I just need to wait on my new Tex game to be complete.  Straight to the top of my most anticipated list.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 236

Joined 2006-10-06

PM

SO glad I was WRONG about the campaign not making it! Laughing It’s awesome that they’ve not only reached their target, but all 3 stretch goals and beyond, too! Cool

Joined 2011-01-07

PM

Indeed, its been amazing.

Thanks to AdventureGamers too for promoting the campaign Smile

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top